Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 358

Thread: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

  1. #231
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Ron Paul does win elections, he has been winning elections to national office for over a decade. you have nothing but bull**** to offer.
    What are you talking about kiddo? You were speculating about the reasons that corporations donate money to Obama... Now it seems like you're off on some other angle?

  2. #232
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    What are you talking about kiddo? You were speculating about the reasons that corporations donate money to Obama... Now it seems like you're off on some other angle?
    kiddo? I am directly pointing out the nonsensical portion of your reply girly girl

  3. #233
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    kiddo? I am directly pointing out the nonsensical portion of your reply girly girl
    I'm not sure where you got anything about Ron Paul from my comment that corporations donated to Obama because they thought he would win, not necessarily because they liked his policies... Remember, you claimed that the reason they donated to Obama was because he would give them bailouts or whatever? I countered that, but then you went off on something about Ron Paul?

  4. #234
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I'm not sure where you got anything about Ron Paul from my comment that corporations donated to Obama because they thought he would win, not necessarily because they liked his policies... Remember, you claimed that the reason they donated to Obama was because he would give them bailouts or whatever? I countered that, but then you went off on something about Ron Paul?
    they donate to him because they know he will implement policy that favors corporations

    you claimed it has to do with his being able to win, but as I pointed out, they don't care about that - Ron Paul wins elections, but unlike Obama, he does not coddle the wealthy so they actievly seek to prevent him from winning, if they pay attention at all.

    you people are the biggest phonies in the world. you care about the environment? laughable. the minute we enter into a recession (which slows consumption helping the environment) you scream that we must start consuming again, and support policy to do just that. the corporations love it, they want us to stop saving and start consuming.

  5. #235
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I will keep telling myself that. And in about 14 months I won't any more.... you actually think Obama's going to get re-elected with the U.S. in the **** it's in?


    Keep telling yourself: Hope and Change and drink that kool-aid.
    Unless the republicans can miraculously find an electable candidate, then yes I do. The trash they are running out there will not beat Obama. Despite his vulnerability, he will beat any of the losers currently running.

    It sure would suck to be a rw right now.

  6. #236
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Bachman actually WANTS to destroy our economy by defaulting on the debt. She is 100 times scarier than Paul, and he's plenty scary.
    OMG, she wants to ruin the economy. She just so WANTS to.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #237
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Unless the republicans can miraculously find an electable candidate, then yes I do. The trash they are running out there will not beat Obama. Despite his vulnerability, he will beat any of the losers currently running.

    It sure would suck to be a rw right now.
    You'll lose because you won't get a liberal agenda.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #238
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    they donate to him because they know he will implement policy that favors corporations

    you claimed it has to do with his being able to win, but as I pointed out, they don't care about that - Ron Paul wins elections, but unlike Obama, he does not coddle the wealthy so they actievly seek to prevent him from winning, if they pay attention at all.

    you people are the biggest phonies in the world. you care about the environment? laughable. the minute we enter into a recession (which slows consumption helping the environment) you scream that we must start consuming again, and support policy to do just that. the corporations love it, they want us to stop saving and start consuming.
    Okay, I'm a bit confused. Your beef with Obama is that he's too pro-business? He's the anti-socialist?

  9. #239
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Some? You betcha
    A majority? Maybe

    Like it or not, the traditional conservative view on women is barefoot and pregnant...



    Considering you and your cohorts label anything that you disagree with as "left wing", then your words dont mean much.

    And yes, Conservative women often do get a hard time by the opposition.. but it is not because they are women, but because there are so few of them, that they do stick out like a sore thumb and when they come with idiotic comments on a regular basis, then well..

    It is the same with Herman Cain.. he is black, and a front line conservative... a quite rare thing... but are people racists for being critical of him? of course not, not when he comes stupid comments and has bonehead policy ideas. And yes the same goes for Obama.



    LOL "playing victim" alert.

    Palin brought her family into her political campaigning and then like it or not they are fair game. She is the one that paraded her whole family on a very constant pace at all rallies she was at. She is the one having one of her kids hold the baby.. she is the one who pushed Bristol with her big belly into the media spotlight and she is the one that got tax payers to pay for her whole family as they always travelled with her (instead of being in school....?) when she was governor of Alaska.

    As for Bachmann.. her family is in no way being scrutinised as Palin's was/is. Her children are pretty non existent in the reports I have seen, which frankly is good. Sure her husband is in the spotlight, but that is a self inflicted wound.
    You got reputable sources for that?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #240
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    A number of problems with your thinking... First off, that strategy of not buying stuff would only protect the consumers and only to the extent that they have a choice of products and only to the extent that they are aware of the issue. It does nothing to protect employees, people that live nearby, people who share the environment with the corporation, people who depend on natural resources the corporation exploits, etc. And even for consumers, without government they are highly unlikely to have any way to be aware of who is polluting or mistreating their workers or whatever, since nobody could compel corporations to release any information.
    Is it your argument that a company can exist without profits? If no one purchases from them it is irrelevant? Only the consumer benefits from any sold product?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    As for suing... You realize suing somebody in a court of law is a service provided by government... That is how individuals can enforce regulations. Government gives them that ability... Without government there would be no law to sue over, no court to determine if the law had been violated and no way to enforce the decision of the court...
    Yep, that is exactly what our constitution grants us. However, there are more and more regulations that are keeping us from this right as a citizen IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Or the argument you make about monopoly is also backwards. Governments break up monopolies. That is one of the key areas of regulation- antitrust regulation.
    You are right about our gov breaking up monopolies. But, they also allow for huge silly regulations that benefit one party over another - which should not be the role of government. They are non-profit, remember?
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •