Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 358

Thread: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

  1. #11
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Michelle did a great job. I was impressed. Ron Paul, however, destroyed himself in my eyes. He actually wants Iran to get The Bomb. What a dangerous jackass.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  2. #12
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Michelle did a great job. I was impressed. Ron Paul, however, destroyed himself in my eyes. He actually wants Iran to get The Bomb. What a dangerous jackass.
    Bachman actually WANTS to destroy our economy by defaulting on the debt. She is 100 times scarier than Paul, and he's plenty scary.

  3. #13
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I see Perry/Romney, with Pawlenty if he can maintain the momentum he got her. The rest are all pretty much longshots at best at this point. Cain, Gingritch can pretty much hang it up now(though I think that was being said about McCain at one point last time around).
    that's a good point about McCain - but McCain benefited from some very specific election dynamics; most specifically Romney and Huckabee fighting each other. I think we are seeing Pawlenty and Bachman playing the same role; but where I would argue for Bachmann is that her followers see her as standing for something within Republican Politics that Pawlenty just doesn't. Bachmann is the Huckabee of 2012, methinks.

    I don't see Perry wining just because I think mainstream republicans will see him not doing as well against Obama.
    hmmm, yet he places second before he even starts running? I rather suspect that the opposite is in effect - that most Republican voters (like me) will see him as the NotRomney that can win (Romney would be hampered in attacking Obamacare, but Perry has the perfect mirror-image economic record to place against Obama's); whereas Bachmann probably couldn't.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that's a good point about McCain - but McCain benefited from some very specific election dynamics; most specifically Romney and Huckabee fighting each other. I think we are seeing Pawlenty and Bachman playing the same role; but where I would argue for Bachmann is that her followers see her as standing for something within Republican Politics that Pawlenty just doesn't. Bachmann is the Huckabee of 2012, methinks.



    hmmm, yet he places second before he even starts running? I rather suspect that the opposite is in effect - that most Republican voters (like me) will see him as the NotRomney that can win (Romney would be hampered in attacking Obamacare, but Perry has the perfect mirror-image economic record to place against Obama's); whereas Bachmann probably couldn't.
    Bachmann might be the Huckabee of 2012, but a less sane one. Definately less likeable
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Cpwill, you are going to have a better grasp of how conservative voters see candidates, so will take your word for it and wait and see.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Michelle did a great job. I was impressed. Ron Paul, however, destroyed himself in my eyes. He actually wants Iran to get The Bomb. What a dangerous jackass.
    Nice spin, however inaccurate. Paul said he understands why Iran wants nukes - hell most of Iran's neighbors have them. It is human nature to want to protect themselves. If they were to get a nuke it would be irrelevant anyway. It's not like they have an army/airforce/navy to use it.

    Your argument is like saying that you are for the 2nd amendment except for your neighbor because you don't like him.
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

  7. #17
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that's a good point about McCain - but McCain benefited from some very specific election dynamics; most specifically Romney and Huckabee fighting each other. I think we are seeing Pawlenty and Bachman playing the same role; but where I would argue for Bachmann is that her followers see her as standing for something within Republican Politics that Pawlenty just doesn't. Bachmann is the Huckabee of 2012, methinks.



    hmmm, yet he places second before he even starts running? I rather suspect that the opposite is in effect - that most Republican voters (like me) will see him as the NotRomney that can win (Romney would be hampered in attacking Obamacare, but Perry has the perfect mirror-image economic record to place against Obama's); whereas Bachmann probably couldn't.
    Just my 2 cents but Bachmann will end up like Huckabee did in 08; sitting out the final race. She has very little accomplishment to run on. What's she done? Voted against Obamacare and voted for Cut, Cap, and Balance? That's fine and dandy but about it, which will not convince independents like I think Romney will. Perry has experience working with a balanced budget amendment in Texas but would get much fewer Texan votes than you might expect because of the cuts he's made in public education.

    I'm not thrilled with this process either; especially with the primaries. Little states like Iowa, NH, and S. Carolina have way too much input in selecting the candidates. All primaries should be on the same day just like in the general election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    Nice spin, however inaccurate. Paul said he understands why Iran wants nukes - hell most of Iran's neighbors have them. It is human nature to want to protect themselves. If they were to get a nuke it would be irrelevant anyway. It's not like they have an army/airforce/navy to use it.

    Your argument is like saying that you are for the 2nd amendment except for your neighbor because you don't like him.
    Holy ****, it's Vauge!

    You need to post up here more often!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum


  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonxe View Post
    good enough reason to ignore this stupid poll made of straw.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •