Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 358

Thread: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

  1. #141
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The rest of the field of clowns scare most sane people fortunately.
    particularly if they want to see a Republican victory.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #142
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, that's how they managed to lose the election to a freshman senator.
    Partly... the rest was a mix of timing, promising everyone everything, and being a young, confident politician with lots of backing by the DNC. Oh sure, now we see it was all BS, and those like me who didn't believe a word of it from the start can say I told you so, but that goes no where. Besides... John McCain at in 2008? Nah... it'd be almost like Obama and G.W. Bush anyway. This time however, I don't think it matters who the Republicans ultimately run... Obama will be a 1 term President. There's just too much stacked up against him.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #143
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Partly... the rest was a mix of timing, promising everyone everything, and being a young, confident politician with lots of backing by the DNC. Oh sure, now we see it was all BS, and those like me who didn't believe a word of it from the start can say I told you so, but that goes no where. Besides... John McCain at in 2008? Nah... it'd be almost like Obama and G.W. Bush anyway. This time however, I don't think it matters who the Republicans ultimately run... Obama will be a 1 term President. There's just too much stacked up against him.
    Given some of the Republican hopefuls, that's a scary thought.

    Oh, well. We survived GWB and his wars, Obama and his bailouts, I suppose we can survive one more. This is a strong nation, after all.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #144
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    How else do you explain the GOP party withholding credible candidates for this election?
    How do you explain the Democrats withholding credible candidates for this election?

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Source: USA Today

    What is really impressive is that Paul was a mere 150 votes from winning himself. Unfortunately the fact he did not win gives the media an excuse to focus on the big win for Bachmann and the big loss for Pawlenty while completely glossing over the runner-up and the polls putting him third at 16% in Iowa.
    bachmann can't win the GOP nomination because she's a woman. Most GOP male voters are not yet comfortable w/a female President since they (still) believe a woman's proper place is in the kitchen and bathroom, while the man should go out and work. In fact, bachmann said it herself--that a woman should be submissive to her man.

  6. #146
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    bachmann can't win the GOP nomination because she's a woman. Most GOP male voters are not yet comfortable w/a female President since they (still) believe a woman's proper place is in the kitchen and bathroom, while the man should go out and work. In fact, bachmann said it herself--that a woman should be submissive to her man.
    Bachman can't win the nomination because she's stone freakin' nuts. Batsh*t crazy.

  7. #147
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Anybody can beat Obama.... my dog, a pile of sand, even Hitler. Obama is worse than Hitler.

  8. #148
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Bachman can't win the nomination because she's stone freakin' nuts. Batsh*t crazy.
    Oh, okay pot.

  9. #149
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Anybody can beat Obama.... my dog, a pile of sand, even Hitler. Obama is worse than Hitler.
    I agree that Obama is an ineffective President, but when did he kill 6 million Jews?

  10. #150
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Anybody can beat Obama.... my dog, a pile of sand, even Hitler. Obama is worse than Hitler.
    A thank you note from Mr Godwin is in the mail. Thanks for playing.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •