Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 358

Thread: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

  1. #101
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    There was an entire political party on drugs in 2008. It's not out of the realm of possibility it could happen again.
    Lets see the republicans nominated John McCain of the Keating Five and Sarah Palin, I can only draw two possible reasons
    1- drug use
    2- they wanted to lose

  2. #102
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I know I had to counteract EarlzP's asinine statement to balance out the universe. "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" you see.
    That's not counteracting it. That's continuing to pollute the discussion by "contributing" the very same sort of worthless tripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Who suggested that?
    It was there by implication, because you slandered one "side" without applying similar slander to the other "side."
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #103
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Her winning shows just how screwed up the republican party is....When obama ran and I did not vote for him...it was all about how unqualified he is...and now Bachman is qualified to be president? you gotta be kidding me....
    The GOP is going through a prolonged idenity crisis after the 8 year failure of their last chosen leader. We will see if they can get it together by the 2016 election. Obviously, they are saving all their credible presidential candidates for then.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #104
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Lets see the republicans nominated John McCain of the Keating Five and Sarah Palin, I can only draw two possible reasons
    1- drug use
    2- they wanted to lose
    And let's look at the coke snorting unprepared and unqualified academic Barack Obama, rope a dope promiser of all things and I can only draw one reason:
    - Ideological stupidity
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #105
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    That's not counteracting it. That's continuing to pollute the discussion by "contributing" the very same sort of worthless tripe.
    Not a fan of Newton I see.



    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    It was there by implication, because you slandered one "side" without applying similar slander to the other "side."
    Ah, so if one side is mentioned and the other is omitted it automatically means something to you. That's not implication, that's just being thin skinned.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #106
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The GOP is going through a prolonged idenity crisis after the 8 year failure of their last chosen leader. We will see if they can get it together by the 2016 election. Obviously, they are saving all their credible presidential candidates for then.
    You know what I love about Progressive types - they all are such experts on the GOP.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #107
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Not a fan of Newton I see.
    You weren't doing "equal and opposite," you were doing exactly the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Ah, so if one side is mentioned and the other is omitted it automatically means something to you. That's not implication, that's just being thin skinned.
    Well, then, by all means talk about the other "side." I'd like to see you prove that I was just being thin-skinned.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #108
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You weren't doing "equal and opposite," you were doing exactly the same thing.
    I did exactly the opposite... like I said you must not be a fan of Newton, or your not understanding my unorthodox application. You will one day I'm sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Well, then, by all means talk about the other "side." I'd like to see you prove that I was just being thin-skinned.
    I have something to prove to you?

    Go use the thing at the top of the page, right side. It's called "advanced search". Have fun.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #109
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And let's look at the coke snorting unprepared and unqualified academic Barack Obama, rope a dope promiser of all things and I can only draw one reason:
    - Ideological stupidity
    Really? A cocaine habit is honestly a point against Barack Obama, considering who the Republicans gave us last time around?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #110
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll, keeps momentum

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Really? A cocaine habit is honestly a point against Barack Obama, considering who the Republicans gave us last time around?
    Huh.. I always thought he only tried it a few times but now you say it's a "habit". Ok, I'll take you're word for it. It was a habit. A point against? I sure wasn't giving him cookies and rainbows for it so yeah, I think a "drug habit" as you described with a person who has at his fingertips the nuclear arsenal could be interpreted as a point against... could be. Could be.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •