Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 116

Thread: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

  1. #61
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    By the media yes and the left and right parties, it goes to show us how far we have gone beyond the boundaries of the constitution.
    It goes to show that the SC is the arbiter of what the Constitution allows -- not Ron Paul.

  2. #62
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,500

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    other than bloomberg, who won't run
    the only republican with ANY chance of defeating Obama is Gary Johnson
    anyone who likes what Ron Paul has to say might be interested in a Johnson candidacy
    of course, the republicans won't even allow him to participate in their debates


    perry, the gay governor of tejas
    former head of the state's campaign for al gore's presidential election ... bet councilman never thought he would vote for a gore supporter
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak ~ Donald Trump 2013

  3. #63
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    01-21-18 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Palin is damaged goods, but so too is Obama, Clinton, Romney, Paul and every other candidate. What matters is how they proceed forward with their handicaps. The way that Palin regularly as clockwork hands Obama his ass shows that a.) she has better policy instincts than Obama, and b.) she's a better politician than Obama.

    Liberals will never vote for Palin so all their sturm und drang about her, while ferocious in its hurricane spittle quality, is really meaningless.

    Whichever candidate emerges on top will have done so by vanquishing their opponents in the Republican primaries. As a political contest, winning primaries is as close as one can get to winning a general election, meaning that if they've emerged on top, then they really are the best of the bunch and people have bought into the message. This even applied to McCain - Republican primary voters voted for him, believe it or not. I;'m not sure how that happened, but it did happen. I guess my point is that legitimacy will increase as more victories are won.


    You can forget about palin ,she and the clan are in this for the money, she will ride this money horse until it drops. Same for newt.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #64
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It goes to show that the SC is the arbiter of what the Constitution allows -- not Ron Paul.
    I don't think Ron Paul ever claimed to be, he does ride on the fringe but for the most part he is correct.

  5. #65
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Palin in my eyes looks good but she will never appeal to the middle or left no matter what.
    Don't let the brainwashers on the left do your thinking for you, they already do it for every liberal. If Palin wins the nomination then that is testament to the fact that she is a better politician that were her primary opponents. The interest in her is high, same as it was with Obama. Of course much of the interest in Palin is from those hoping for a trainwreck, but her policy wisdom and evisceration of Obama will change minds despite the liberal media's bombardment of propaganda designed to undo such progress.

    The ultimate adjudicator of success and legitimacy is winning. Look at how a marxist, racial agitator with ties to terrorists and radical zealots became the face of the left and won a Noble Peace Prize for learning to tie his shoes. Sure, that's not a ringing endorsement of Palin because it's not meant to be, it's meant to show how low the threshold is. If she crosses the threshold it'll be because she pulled people to her side not because the press was laying down and spreading wide as they did with Obama.

    Plus she has to do something with that accent and voice pitch.
    Turn it around on the bigots. What would be the reaction of people if someone told them that they're not voting for a candidate because they just can't stand his African-America accent?

  6. #66
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    01-21-18 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Don't let the brainwashers on the left do your thinking for you, they already do it for every liberal. If Palin wins the nomination then that is testament to the fact that she is a better politician that were her primary opponents. The interest in her is high, same as it was with Obama. Of course much of the interest in Palin is from those hoping for a trainwreck, but her policy wisdom and evisceration of Obama will change minds despite the liberal media's bombardment of propaganda designed to undo such progress.

    The ultimate adjudicator of success and legitimacy is winning. Look at how a marxist, racial agitator with ties to terrorists and radical zealots became the face of the left and won a Noble Peace Prize for learning to tie his shoes. Sure, that's not a ringing endorsement of Palin because it's not meant to be, it's meant to show how low the threshold is. If she crosses the threshold it'll be because she pulled people to her side not because the press was laying down and spreading wide as they did with Obama.



    Turn it around on the bigots. What would be the reaction of people if someone told them that they're not voting for a candidate because they just can't stand his African-America accent?
    Whatta friggen hoot you are.

    This following ..“
    Look at how a marxist, racial agitator with ties to terrorists and radical zealots became the face of the left and won a Noble Peace Prize for learning to tie his shoes. “
    This, in your first paragraph.


    Don't let the brainwashers on the left do your thinking for you,
    Kinda looks like you’re the one that’s brainwashed to me.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #67
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Right, the so-called Texas miracle was a mirage created because Texas does two-year budgets. And over half of Texas' job growth consisted of new government jobs.
    can you link to that claim? because some of the other died-in-the-wool lefties would insist that all of the jobs were unskilled labor positions with no benefits. Given the companies that came to Texas I know you can't both be right.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #68
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Don't let the brainwashers on the left do your thinking for you, they already do it for every liberal. If Palin wins the nomination then that is testament to the fact that she is a better politician that were her primary opponents. The interest in her is high, same as it was with Obama. Of course much of the interest in Palin is from those hoping for a trainwreck, but her policy wisdom and evisceration of Obama will change minds despite the liberal media's bombardment of propaganda designed to undo such progress.

    The ultimate adjudicator of success and legitimacy is winning. Look at how a marxist, racial agitator with ties to terrorists and radical zealots became the face of the left and won a Noble Peace Prize for learning to tie his shoes. Sure, that's not a ringing endorsement of Palin because it's not meant to be, it's meant to show how low the threshold is. If she crosses the threshold it'll be because she pulled people to her side not because the press was laying down and spreading wide as they did with Obama.



    Turn it around on the bigots. What would be the reaction of people if someone told them that they're not voting for a candidate because they just can't stand his African-America accent?
    True true, I like what you say except I have yet to see republicans grow a set. Then again I am beginning to see not much of a difference between left and right in regards to pushing a self aggrandizing agenda.

  9. #69
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    oops wrong topic hey mods can you please moves this to arts and ent.
    Last edited by deltabtry; 08-14-11 at 02:55 AM.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Finally getting to go see Gordon Lightfoot at the end of next month.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •