Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 116

Thread: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

  1. #51
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I doubt he can win...but who knows....I think the gop field stinks...and Im not an obama fan at all.
    I think it stinks really bad too... Ron Paul is a good in a lot of ways, but I wish he was more moderate on some issues. I like his honesty and the fact that he has principles. Romney doesn't have principles and flip flops constantly, and the rest of them are super social Conservative and religious nuts.

  2. #52
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I would vote for a pile of dirty sand over Obama in a heartbeat. That's probably why I'm really not interested in the Republican primary. It's kinda irrelevant, though I really would like to see a no nonsense no BS candidate like a Christy or (at least so far) Quomo. I think those two are cut from the same tree though have a different letter before their names.
    LOL..how about a Ham sandwich

  3. #53
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    I think the dream ticket would be Perry/ Bachman.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #54
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I think the dream ticket would be Perry/ Bachman.
    Nothing to write home about currently, Ron Paul would be the best but he's seventy and dismissed as a loon by the media so he is unelectable, goes to show us how shallow we all are. Herman Caine would be my choice but, he is dismissed by the media as a Uncle Tom although the media is to cowardly to admit it. Mitt no thanks, been there dome that same with Newt. Sarah Palin is good but she damaged goods, it won't work.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Nothing to write home about currently, Ron Paul would be the best but he's seventy and dismissed as a loon by the media so he is unelectable, goes to show us how shallow we all are. Herman Caine would be my choice but, he is dismissed by the media as a Uncle Tom although the media is to cowardly to admit it. Mitt no thanks, been there dome that same with Newt. Sarah Palin is good but she damaged goods, it won't work.
    I was one of Ron Pauls supporters the last time but like you say he is getting up there.His son is a friggen loon though.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #56
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I was one of Ron Pauls supporters the last time but like you say he is getting up there.His son is a friggen loon though.
    The loon didn't fall far from the tree.

  7. #57
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Nothing to write home about currently, Ron Paul would be the best but he's seventy and dismissed as a loon by the media so he is unelectable, goes to show us how shallow we all are. Herman Caine would be my choice but, he is dismissed by the media as a Uncle Tom although the media is to cowardly to admit it. Mitt no thanks, been there dome that same with Newt. Sarah Palin is good but she damaged goods, it won't work.
    Palin is damaged goods, but so too is Obama, Clinton, Romney, Paul and every other candidate. What matters is how they proceed forward with their handicaps. The way that Palin regularly as clockwork hands Obama his ass shows that a.) she has better policy instincts than Obama, and b.) she's a better politician than Obama.

    Liberals will never vote for Palin so all their sturm und drang about her, while ferocious in its hurricane spittle quality, is really meaningless.

    Whichever candidate emerges on top will have done so by vanquishing their opponents in the Republican primaries. As a political contest, winning primaries is as close as one can get to winning a general election, meaning that if they've emerged on top, then they really are the best of the bunch and people have bought into the message. This even applied to McCain - Republican primary voters voted for him, believe it or not. I;'m not sure how that happened, but it did happen. I guess my point is that legitimacy will increase as more victories are won.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The loon didn't fall far from the tree.
    I liked the ole mans position on closing down bases overseas and pulling our troops out mostly.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #59
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The loon didn't fall far from the tree.
    By the media yes and the left and right parties, it goes to show us how far we have gone beyond the boundaries of the constitution.

  10. #60
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rick Perry Enters G.O.P. Race for President

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Palin is damaged goods, but so too is Obama, Clinton, Romney, Paul and every other candidate. What matters is how they proceed forward with their handicaps. The way that Palin regularly as clockwork hands Obama his ass shows that a.) she has better policy instincts than Obama, and b.) she's a better politician than Obama.

    Liberals will never vote for Palin so all their sturm und drang about her, while ferocious in its hurricane spittle quality, is really meaningless.

    Whichever candidate emerges on top will have done so by vanquishing their opponents in the Republican primaries. As a political contest, winning primaries is as close as one can get to winning a general election, meaning that if they've emerged on top, then they really are the best of the bunch and people have bought into the message. This even applied to McCain - Republican primary voters voted for him, believe it or not. I;'m not sure how that happened, but it did happen. I guess my point is that legitimacy will increase as more victories are won.
    Palin in my eyes looks good but she will never appeal to the middle or left no matter what. The left has successfully damaged her image, mission accomplished the media played right onto their hands. Plus she has to do something with that accent and voice pitch. I think what happened was the voters in the republican party and perhaps some in the middle voted for the candidate who would do less damage to the constitution and i emphasize less damage.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •