Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You still haven't explained how opposition to SSM can be explained by anything other than hate and homophobia.

    And your claims about I said are nothing but lies. Those lies won't hide the fact that you can't explain opposition to SSM without hate and homophobia.
    Actually I have. What you have not done if prove your claim that it has to be hate and homophobia. No amount of twisting my words and taking comments out of context will change the fact that there are arguments, which I presented, which oppose SSM without being hateful nor homophobic.

    You jumped all over a guy who did nothing that affects you, all because you thought he was being a hypocrite(even though he wasn't), and when that argument failed, you try a tangent which you thought would work better, but has failed miserably too.

    I support SSM. It is an important issue for me. I am one of the strongest proponents of SSM on this board. I do not need to demonize and call names of those who oppose SSM to win SSM arguments. Why do you?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #82
    Verifier
    Gladiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your Back Yard
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,878

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    "Indiana state Rep. Phillip Hinkle is under pressure to resign, just a day after a series of emails was released to The Indianapolis Star suggesting the politician had arranged a sexual rendezvous with an 18-year-old man via Craigslist.

    The Republican state representative had apparently responded to a posting on Craigslist’s “Casual Encounters” section, and offered a young man $80 plus a tip to meet him at an Indianapolis hotel.


    Read more: Phillip Hinkle | Gay Affair | Indiana State Representative | The Daily Caller


    Phillip Hinkle | Gay Affair | Indiana State Representative | The Daily Caller




    //
    _______________________________
    How did Our Oil get under Their Sand?

  3. #83
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Emails obtained by the Indianapolis Star reveal that Indiana State Rep. Phillip Hinkle arranged a tryst with a young man after reading his ad in the “Casual Encounters” section of the online classifieds site.

    The Star reports that Hinkle responded to an ad in the “m4m,” or men for men, section posted by 18-year-old Kameryn Gibson, who said he was 20 and looking for a “sugga daddy.” The lawmaker arranged to meet him at an Indianapolis hotel and pay him up to $140 “for a really good time.”

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    Again with this? Is there any strong opponent of gay rights who isn't secretly in the closet?

  4. #84
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what you are saying is a politician cannot publicly have one stance on an issue and personally have another? This would mean that politicians should never listen to the electorate, among other things. All you know is he is against SSM, which has exactly jack **** to do with this whole thing.
    Having lived in Indianapolis, he's a pretty far right-winger. But what's worse is that he used phinkle86@comcast.net (his home email address) to correspond with the kid - where he offered him money for meeting up with him - AND when the kid showed up, he showed him his ID and told him he was a state representative.

    I personally don't care about one's sexual peccadilloes, however, the fact that he was that STUPID is why he should resign.

    In a horrible way, though, he may have gotten lucky as the tragedy at the State Fair (5 died when the concert stage collapsed into the crowd) will overshadow this story for a quite a while.

  5. #85
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    The root issue is that he is obviously working out some issues he has with his own identity by hurting other people that remind him of his issues. That's completely unacceptable. And, frankly, I think that is the motivation behind an awful lot of the more extreme of the right wing anti-gay bigots.

  6. #86
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're pro-choice right? Clearly you hate babies as there are no other logical reasons to support abortion rights.

    I did ask you to substantiate your opinion with something other than your opinion so, yeah, in that you'll never do it, I can see why you'd think it was worthless.
    Actually there are other logical reasons to support choice besides hating babies. If you want to start a thread, I'll be happy to share them with you, but this thread is about this homophobic politician who just got caught trolling for gay hookers on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #87
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually I have. What you have not done if prove your claim that it has to be hate and homophobia. No amount of twisting my words and taking comments out of context will change the fact that there are arguments, which I presented, which oppose SSM without being hateful nor homophobic.

    You jumped all over a guy who did nothing that affects you, all because you thought he was being a hypocrite(even though he wasn't), and when that argument failed, you try a tangent which you thought would work better, but has failed miserably too.

    I support SSM. It is an important issue for me. I am one of the strongest proponents of SSM on this board. I do not need to demonize and call names of those who oppose SSM to win SSM arguments. Why do you?
    I am not demonizing anyone. I'm just telling you how it is. There is no reason to be opposed to SSM besides homophobia and hate and I explained how. Even you justified your support for SSM on the basis that it doesn't affect you. It's obvious that those who oppose SSM beleive that it will somehow affect them negatively, and that belief is based on a fear of change.

    I didn't twist your words. You were the one who said that SSM would have no effect on you. And it was you who described the opposition to SSM as being based on not wanting change. Obviously, they are not opposed to it becaused they think the change would be good for them. It's just as obvious that they believe that allowing SSM would be a change that would be bad for them. What you haven't done, no matter how many times you claim the opposite, is show how this belief that SSM would lead to unwanted results could be based on anything other than homophobia and hate.

    And as far as me jumping on some guy who's done nothing to me, that is load of BS. This man makes laws. His actions have an effect on the country I live in. His actions have helped deny people their rights. I'm not going to ignore the damage this hypocrit does and then claim that I am "one of the strongest proponents of SSM on this board".
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #88
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I am not sure how opposition to SSM and it's ties to rightwing "family values" goes without your noticing the connection
    That damn Obama and his opposition to SSM. And Clinton. Damn left wingers and their right wing values.

    FMMs...

  9. #89
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Again with this? Is there any strong opponent of gay rights who isn't secretly in the closet?
    Bill Clinton? Barrack Obama? I'm betting you can find at least a few more dems that support civil unions but oppose gay marriage...

  10. #90
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    homophobic politician who just got caught trolling for gay hookers on the internet.
    That makes as much sense as the arachnophobic who collects poisonous spiders. If you don't understand what a phobia is, please don't use the word.

    Now, tell us. Why is it that you hate gay people so much?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •