Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 111

Thread: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No it's not. Tell me how I was fueled by hatred and homophobia when I opposed SSM. You misquoting representatives cannot speak for every single individual who opposes SSM.
    You weren't, that's how you were able to change your views.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #52
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    *Sigh* I feel like I am getting no where. If you are going to judge everyone who opposes SSM based on what Rich Santorum says (not only that, but snipped quotes from a biased liberal website) then that's a logical fallacy you are permitted to make. It's obvious that you have hatred towards those who oppose SSM and want to bigotedly judge them all as being homophobic and ruined with hatred. This action in and of itself is no better then what you falsely accuse all you oppose SSM of doing.
    You are getting nowhere because the only defense you have is to repeat your unsupported and unsupportable claims about a lack of hate and homophobia.

    Your personal attack has been noted and understood as demonctrating a lack of evidence for your claims
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #53
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    *Sigh* I feel like I am getting no where.
    For once you would be right.

    If you are going to judge everyone who opposes SSM based on what Rich Santorum says
    Who suggested that was the case? Oh that's you. I simply offer it as a clear example of the views of so many on the right. After all, he is one of the leaders of the right.

    (not only that, but snipped quotes from a biased liberal website)
    Your point? Are you actually suggesting he didn't say these things? Really? Or is that all you have?

    It's obvious that you have hatred towards those who oppose SSM and want to bigotedly judge them all as being homophobic and ruined with hatred.
    The moment you publicly deny others what you enjoy, and you do so in the "name of faith and personal beliefs", you deserve everything you get bestowed upon you. Yes, I hate intolerant people who go out of their way to inflict their morality on others.. Guilty as charged.


    This action in and of itself is no better then what you falsely accuse all you oppose SSM of doing.
    Hardly.

  4. #54
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No it's not. Tell me how I was fueled by hatred and homophobia when I opposed SSM. You misquoting representatives cannot speak for every single individual who opposes SSM.
    Why don't you tell us how your bigoted opinion on SSM was fueled by anything other than hatred and homophobia, instead of merely claiming that it wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #55
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Why don't you tell us how your bigoted opinion on SSM was fueled by anything other than hatred and homophobia, instead of merely claiming that it wasn't
    Good luck with that.

  6. #56
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

    Is defining marriage enumerated in the Constitution?

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Why don't you tell us how your bigoted opinion on SSM was fueled by anything other than hatred and homophobia, instead of merely claiming that it wasn't
    It is possible to oppose SSM on grounds other than hatred and homophobia. Just as it is possible to support SSM without resorting to demonizing those who disagree with you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #58
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is possible to oppose SSM on grounds other than hatred and homophobia. Just as it is possible to support SSM without resorting to demonizing those who disagree with you.
    So why don't you tell us how the bigoted opposition to SSM can be fueled by anything other than hatred and homophobia, instead of merely claiming that it isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #59
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So why don't you tell us how the bigoted opposition to SSM can be fueled by anything other than hatred and homophobia, instead of merely claiming that it isn't?
    1) Common law grounds.

    2) States rights

    3) unnecessary change

    that is off the top of my head. None of those are bigoted or hateful. When your whole argument is that those you disagree with are bad, you automatically fail.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #60
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Anti-gay lawmaker caught in Craigslist scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1)

    that is off the top of my head. None of those are bigoted or hateful.
    Convenient RW Radio Red herrings the lot. It's all about intolerance masked and rationalized to assuage one's guilt and mask the true intent and its sinister nature.

    When your whole argument is that those you disagree with are bad, you automatically fail.
    When you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

    Everything about the RW movement to suppress gays oozes from the religious right like pus from a infected boil. The irony is that it flies in the face of those conservatives who profess less governmental interference and less government...
    Last edited by Top Cat; 08-13-11 at 03:01 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •