Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 122

Thread: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    If a law doesn?t work, waive it away? - Boston.com

    Ya, 1400 companies get waivers... and put it this way, it's not the mom and pop shops that are getting these waivers. It's those people that have the best capacity to actually cover the exorbitant cost this will create... how is that NOT preferential???

    Health Care Law | San Francisco | Nancy Pelosi | The Daily Caller



    Of course, because when you mix corporate and government power, you get fascism. Nobody wants that to happen.
    Exactly, they can't call it a tax, because taxes have rules constiutionally..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #72
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    If a law doesn?t work, waive it away? - Boston.com

    Ya, 1400 companies get waivers... and put it this way, it's not the mom and pop shops that are getting these waivers. It's those people that have the best capacity to actually cover the exorbitant cost this will create... how is that NOT preferential???

    Health Care Law | San Francisco | Nancy Pelosi | The Daily Caller

    Of course, because when you mix corporate and government power, you get fascism. Nobody wants that to happen.
    You do understand that these waivers are temporary, right? They are only good until insurance exchanges are established in a couple years. The purpose is to allow existing coverage to continue until the exhanges are set up, at which point employees will have many more options.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    if we'd just gone with the public option, which was what everyone actually wanted
    LOL!

    Update: List of Dem Senators Who Don't Support the Public Option | CarlBentham's Blog

    you wouldn't even be able to round up thirty of em today

    thanks to obama

    party on, progressives

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The purpose is to allow existing coverage to continue until the exhanges are set up
    no, the purpose is to keep even more employers from DUMPING their coverage

    Many Employers May Drop Health Coverage After Overhaul, Report Says - WSJ.com

    link much?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I've always favored the idea of liberals just going their own way and creating their own voluntary universal health care system. They could invite anyone who wanted to join and then they could price it so that it was self-sustaining. Putting one's money where one's mouth is blazing a trail is a pretty good way of going about things.
    Can't ordinary citizens form co-ops in order to do something like that now? I'm really not sure.

  6. #76
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    They had to strangle people to get this vote passed as it was...single payer had no chance to pass...but Pelosi was hell bent on passing ANYTHING because she believed it would be her legacy...she passed a bad bill and she is forever labled in an unflattering way to say it nicely.
    I'm with you on this. The democrats wanted to be able to claim healthcare reform and it will end up hurting them, because they stuck us with a bad bill that doesn't fix our problems.

  7. #77
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Obviously this is a court stacked by the Kock Brothers and "Big Pharma" who don't care about the poor, the elderly or "the children" and of course, don't realize the superior system of UHC.
    Actually, the fact this isn't UHC is perhaps one reason the judges ruled the way they did.

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/health-care/8592-11th-circuit-rules-obamacare-individual-mandate-unconstitutional
    Dubina and Hull declared that “Congress exceeded its enumerated commerce power” when it “mandate[d] that individuals enter into contracts with private insurance companies for the purchase of an expensive product from the time they are born until the time they die.”
    What if you took "private insurance companies" out of the equation? It would be a different argument, for certain. Ruling against this doesn't rule against real UHC.

    Personally, it seems like the individual mandate was the unpopular piece forced into the bill by big pharma.

  8. #78
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no, the purpose is to keep even more employers from DUMPING their coverage

    Many Employers May Drop Health Coverage After Overhaul, Report Says - WSJ.com

    link much?
    Yes, you are saying the same thing. LOL

    And who gives a sh*t if coverage is provided through an employer or through an insurance exchange, so long as everyone is covered and rates are reasonable? If employers stop providing coverage they will raise wages. There is no free lunch.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You do understand that these waivers are temporary, right? They are only good until insurance exchanges are established in a couple years. The purpose is to allow existing coverage to continue until the exhanges are set up, at which point employees will have many more options.
    Ya, and right when those waivers are about to expire the people receiving waivers will simply lobby for extensions... In other words, I'll believe it when i see it.

    EDIT: and looking back, you clearly didn't see the one link where Pelosi alone has handed out 20% of these waivers to places like bars she goes to.

    This also begs the question: why are you so easy to forgive clear corruption?!?
    Last edited by BmanMcfly; 08-15-11 at 11:29 AM.

  10. #80
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ya, and right when those waivers are about to expire the people receiving waivers will simply lobby for extensions... In other words, I'll believe it when i see it.
    I'm not so sure that you'll believe it when you see it, but if you say so....

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •