Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122

Thread: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    How is my paying for your liposuction a public health issue?
    what makes you think Obamacare would pay for cosmetic liposuction?

    this is either a strawman or a lie.

  2. #102
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    what makes you think Obamacare would pay for cosmetic liposuction?

    this is either a strawman or a lie.
    I wouldn't doubt that lipo is in there, however here is an article from last year at the 6 month anniversary of the train wreck known as Obamacare....Read it.

    Today marks the six-month anniversary of the enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, widely known as ObamaCare. It is a day when the first significant round of benefits kicks in, and the Obama administration is taking every opportunity to tout them to the American public.

    Insurers, we are being told, will no longer be able to impose annual limits or lifetime caps on benefits, and they will face a higher standard before than can drop anyone's coverage. Children will be guaranteed access to insurance, regardless of health condition. And there is more to come in the future.

    Yet the administration is strangely silent about who will bear the cost of these benefits. Search the government's own health-reform website and you'll get the idea that the whole thing is one big free lunch.


    The reality is that the cost of ObamaCare will be quite high for some people. By 2017, thousands of people in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio will be paying more than $5,000 a year in lost health-care benefits to make ObamaCare possible, according to a study published this month by Robert Book at the Heritage Foundation and James Capretta at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. For some New York City dwellers, the figure will exceed $6,000 a year. Unfortunate residents of Ascension, La., will pay more than $9,000 in lost benefits.

    Who are these people? Are they the rich and the comfortable—the folks presidential candidate Barack Obama told us could afford to pay for health reform? Are they people who have excessively profited during a recession that's caused hardships for so many? Are they the ones who gained the most from the Bush tax cuts?

    None of the above. According to the Book/Capretta study, the people getting hit with these very expensive tabs live in predominately low-income households. They are disproportionately minorities. They have trouble paying their own medical bills.

    John C. Goodman: How Seniors Will Pay for ObamaCare - WSJ.com
    j-mac
    Last edited by j-mac; 08-17-11 at 09:59 AM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that lipo is in there,..
    prove its in there...or it ain't.

  4. #104
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    prove its in there...or it ain't.
    No, I am not going to do some endless search so you can just disappear when proven wrong....Nice try though. BTW, this show me or it doesn't exist crap is a fallacy.

    The damn bill is over 2500 pages long, I am sure there are a great many things in there that weren't covered before the bill.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I am not going to do some endless search so you can just disappear when proven wrong....Nice try though...
    ah, so you admit Obamacare does not cover cosmetic liposuction? good to know.

    what..you think it does cover this procedure? prove it then. forgive me if I fail to simply take your word for it.

  6. #106
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Of course, like most critics of health care reform, he has no idea what's in the bill. He just knows that he's against it.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Of course, like most critics of health care reform, he has no idea what's in the bill. He just knows that he's against it.
    Good argument, the only reason a person might oppose health care reform as Obama's lobbyists and special interests wrote the bill is because they did not read the bill an so do not know what they are talking about.

    What next, because he's racist as well?

  8. #108
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Good argument, the only reason a person might oppose health care reform as Obama's lobbyists and special interests wrote the bill is because they did not read the bill an so do not know what they are talking about.

    What next, because he's racist as well?
    You mean the fact that he just admitted that he doesn't know if cosmetic surgery is covered in HCR doesn't indicate that he doesn't know what's in the bill? You think it's a valid argument to rail against HCR because of liposuction, even though liposuction wouldn't be covered?

    Nice try, though.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Of course, like most critics of health care reform, he has no idea what's in the bill. He just knows that he's against it.
    why read the bill when you can just assume what's in it?


  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I am not going to do some endless search so you can just disappear when proven wrong....Nice try though. BTW, this show me or it doesn't exist crap is a fallacy.

    The damn bill is over 2500 pages long, I am sure there are a great many things in there that weren't covered before the bill.

    j-mac
    Actually, you cannot say something exists without proving it does. That is how this works.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •