Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121

Thread: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    well now, let's take a gander at these examples you have provided, of Congressmen being accused of racism simply because they disagree with Obama

    this article has nothing to do with Congressmen.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    this article has a racist who portrayed Obama as a chimpanzee. nevermind the fact that she is not a Congressman, do you NOT consider comparing a black man to a chimp to be racist?


    this article has nothing to do with disagreeing with Obama

    Georgia Tea Party members accused of racism - Atlanta Conservative | Examiner.com[/QUOTE]

    this article is about the Georgia Tea Party calling a Muslim school a "terrorist training camp".

    dude, not only did you NOT provide ANY examples of a GOP Congressman being accused of racism simply due to his disagreement with Obama, but you even provided great exampls of actual racism expressed by Republicans.

    thanks, but do you wanna try again..and this time not help my argument?
    Last edited by Thunder; 08-15-11 at 06:49 PM.

  2. #112
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No sir, although you post the things I said, then you go on to ascribe to me things I didn't say. So, it is either a straw argument, or you are just plain being dishonest here.

    j-mac
    Jesus christ....

    Read what a straw man argument is. Educate yourself and then come back and give it another shot dude. I'm going to assume if you don't actually know that it's called a "straw man argument" that you're ill equipped to actually pick them out.

    You're wrong, I'm right, get used to it, game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #113
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    well now, let's take a gander at these examples you have provided, of Congressmen being accused of racism simply because they disagree with Obama



    this article has nothing to do with Congressmen.



    this article has a racist who portrayed Obama as a chimpanzee, as a racist. nevermind the fact that she is not a Congressman, do you NOT consider comparing a black man to a chimp to be racist?




    this article has nothing to do with disagreeing with Obama



    Georgia Tea Party members accused of racism - Atlanta Conservative | Examiner.com
    [/QUOTE]

    How about the Boehner article, why no comment there? Out of 4 articles you found something to object to with two of them, so that dismisses the entirety of the posted articles? Man, I tell ya, just stop with the disingenuous twisting will ya?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #114
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How about the Boehner article, why no comment there? Out of 4 articles you found something to object to with two of them, so that dismisses the entirety of the posted articles? Man, I tell ya, just stop with the disingenuous twisting will ya?

    j-mac
    The Boehner article had nothing to do with Obama, let alone Boehner saying that Obama was wrong.

  5. #115
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    How about the Boehner article, why no comment there? Out of 4 articles you found something to object to with two of them, so that dismisses the entirety of the posted articles? Man, I tell ya, just stop with the disingenuous twisting will ya?

    j-mac
    Go to that article. Push CTRL+F. Type in Obama. Tell me if Obama is mentioned anywhere in that "article" (It's from Fox nation, might as well list media matters as a source). Explain how this source proves liberals call anyone that disagrees with Obama a racist without actually bringing up anyone disagreeing with Obama...

    This ought to be fun watching you chase your tail...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How about the Boehner article, why no comment there? Out of 4 articles you found something to object to with two of them, so that dismisses the entirety of the posted articles? Man, I tell ya, just stop with the disingenuous twisting will ya?

    j-mac
    I guess you failed to read the Boehner article.

    ..its not your fault.


  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Anxiously awaiting American's response.

    Does he even know that the articles he linked to not only don't refer to Congressmen being accused of racism due to their disagreeing with Obama, but they give examples of actual Republican racists?

  8. #118
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    There's no ****ing incentive for anyone anymore. The pressure or tension of raising venture capital, keeping people employed, turning a profit, and paying more taxes plus fighting the system....

    Keep raising taxes on companies and people and you will make never fix the deficit
    Taxes are lower today on companies and rich than they were in our past, so your statement is factually incorrect to start with. However, you still don't address the post you responed to. So let me repeat: There is no socialism (the word has a real definition), no nanny state, and forgien policy better than under Bush, though not perfect. So, your point?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #119
    Student Flyersfan314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-12 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    232

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Its sad how this topic focused on race. Most of people who don't like Obama are not racist, this coming from a democrat. They are more prejudiced against a democrat, than they are of the color of his skin. The whitest guy in the world could still be in the White House and he would be getting the same criticism from Republicans, if he were a Democrat.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersfan314 View Post
    Its sad how this topic focused on race. Most of people who don't like Obama are not racist, this coming from a democrat. They are more prejudiced against a democrat, than they are of the color of his skin. The whitest guy in the world could still be in the White House and he would be getting the same criticism from Republicans, if he were a Democrat.
    Presuming he did the same things - absolutely.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •