Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 121

Thread: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

  1. #91
    Student Flyersfan314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-12 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    232

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Evil? No, you have to be able to rationalize things to be evil. The system worked pretty well for decades so it must be those currently running it.
    I disagree. Many of our problems, debt, dependence on oil, mandatory and defense wasteful spending, go back far more than a few decades. I agree with you that it isn't evil though. I don't think are politicians are intentionally trying to make America worst.

  2. #92
    Student Flyersfan314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-12 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    232

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    There's no ****ing incentive for anyone anymore. The pressure or tension of raising venture capital, keeping people employed, turning a profit, and paying more taxes plus fighting the system....

    Keep raising taxes on companies and people and you will make never fix the deficit
    Wow that is just not true. If there was no incentive I would not be working and neither would my mom or my friends or the rest of America. We have some of the lowest income taxes in he industrialized world. We have not raised corporate taxes since 1993. I agree that that they should be lowered though. No one is claiming raising taxes is the way to fix the deficit. Repealing the Bush tax cuts on the upper 1% will help. Mainly we need to reform welfare and defense.

  3. #93
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yeah? Who brought race up in this thread that has nothing to do with it? Oh yeah, it was you.
    Wrong, lol. The OP brought up the "black community".

    Also, it's not bad to simply mention race. I just find it funny that a black guy makes a video bashing Obama, rather incoherently, but conservatives post it three or four times over the course of a few days because for some reason, they think his ideas really just need to be spread around, lol. His points don't make any sense. Nothing to do with race. I've already gotten it in two emails from conservative co-workers and seen it posted on facebook a couple of times, and have seen it posted on these forums a few times. It'd be different if the guy laid out some profound information or had a well thought out explanation of what Obama is doing wrong, but he doesn't. He's just screaming incoherently, which I guess is another reason that conservative tea-partiers love him so much. That's like their favorite past-time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #94
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Wrong, lol. The OP brought up the "black community".

    Also, it's not bad to simply mention race. I just find it funny that a black guy makes a video bashing Obama, rather incoherently, but conservatives post it three or four times over the course of a few days because for some reason, they think his ideas really just need to be spread around, lol. His points don't make any sense. Nothing to do with race. I've already gotten it in two emails from conservative co-workers and seen it posted on facebook a couple of times, and have seen it posted on these forums a few times. It'd be different if the guy laid out some profound information or had a well thought out explanation of what Obama is doing wrong, but he doesn't. He's just screaming incoherently, which I guess is another reason that conservative tea-partiers love him so much. That's like their favorite past-time.

    Seems as though someone ignore his message....In case it is in some foreign speak for you, it was, BALANCE THE BUDGET!!!!!

    And there is a part that I am interested in concerning your dismissive post, largely because I have seen the theme over and over coming from libs when they are caught in their destruction. and that is when you said...."It'd be different if the guy laid out some profound information or had a well thought out explanation of what Obama is doing wrong, but he doesn't."

    1. Why is it up to any critic to do Obama's job for him? I mean what Obama is doing wrong is elementary, and clear. We have Barry's own words exclaiming how he is going to "fundamentally change the system" not to mention a track record of how he keeps doing things to the economic engine of this country that is analogous to success in a free market system, like when he cut to shareholders of GM out of the picture so he could reward the Union. Not to mention stepping all over contract law to do it.

    2. Race was important to the opening post because it is just another example of how steadfast Obama supporters are leaving him. Or at the very least scratching their heads wondering where the hell this MIA, bomb throwing clown is....

    3. Obama's message is incoherent. It is more so bent on deflecting responsibility than it is anything of true substance. Filled with platitude, and generalization and vitriolic attack it is as Rick Perry said over the weekend, 'Rutterless'. I think Barry would love to think that Socialistic policies would be the answer to what our problems are, however he is way too gutless to actually enact them, nor does he have the stomach to actually do what it would take to see it through in actually killing the opposition to them. See, you libs do have at least one thing right, and that is that this country's problems were started long before Obama, long before Bush. They were started when this country started creeping away from the principles of freedom that founded this country, and when politicians started thinking, and putting into place those policies and programs that shifted responsibility for ones life away from the person themselves, and onto the collective in the form of government aid.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #95
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Seems as though someone ignore his message....In case it is in some foreign speak for you, it was, BALANCE THE BUDGET!!!!!
    Holy ****! Balance the budget? That's ****ing genius. No one's ever thought of that! Yes, let's, during very shaky economic times, pull a bunch of money out of the economy and see how that works. Let's quit investing in any new technology of the future, who wants to plan ahead? **** infrastructure, we don't need that crap. Just whatever you do, don't cut any military spending because it would be irresponsible to have any less than 100,000 troops in Iraq to watch over the maybe hundred people there that are actively planning attacks on us on our soil. And while were at it don't raise those taxes back up to what they were in the 90's because the 90's were a terrible time where no one invested in anything because of the invasive taxes, right? As a matter of fact, let's cut taxes, that'll get us more money, just like it led to the current booming economy.

    We need to balance the budget. Everyone knows that. But the problem, right now a slashing of the government budget would simply make our economy even more weak. As much as you like to deny it, the money the government is spending is going towards government employees, construction firms, defense contractors, engineers, the unemployed etc. and those people are using it to buy **** in our economy. All of that spending is going right back into our economy. Pulling a huge portion of it out right now will just make things worse. We need to get over the recession and then cut any unnecessary spending.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And there is a part that I am interested in concerning your dismissive post, largely because I have seen the theme over and over coming from libs when they are caught in their destruction. and that is when you said...."It'd be different if the guy laid out some profound information or had a well thought out explanation of what Obama is doing wrong, but he doesn't."
    Ok, it doesn't have to be profound, but it should at least be coherent. He sounded like a nut that can't wrap his head around the greater implications of just slashing the government's budget. If it was that easy and there would be no bad results from slashing the budget then it would have been done already.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    1. Why is it up to any critic to do Obama's job for him? I mean what Obama is doing wrong is elementary, and clear. We have Barry's own words exclaiming how he is going to "fundamentally change the system" not to mention a track record of how he keeps doing things to the economic engine of this country that is analogous to success in a free market system, like when he cut to shareholders of GM out of the picture so he could reward the Union. Not to mention stepping all over contract law to do it.
    How much is the admission charge into whatever parallel, right wing universe you've seemed to find you're way into? Yea, GM and Chrysler were doing way better before the bailout, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    2. Race was important to the opening post because it is just another example of how steadfast Obama supporters are leaving him. Or at the very least scratching their heads wondering where the hell this MIA, bomb throwing clown is....
    One black person doesn't speak for the black community any more than you or I speak for our entire race. The whole idea is silly on it's face. You'd understand that if you could get over the Obama derangement syndrome.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    3. Obama's message is incoherent. It is more so bent on deflecting responsibility than it is anything of true substance. Filled with platitude, and generalization and vitriolic attack it is as Rick Perry said over the weekend, 'Rutterless'. I think Barry would love to think that Socialistic policies would be the answer to what our problems are, however he is way too gutless to actually enact them, nor does he have the stomach to actually do what it would take to see it through in actually killing the opposition to them. See, you libs do have at least one thing right, and that is that this country's problems were started long before Obama, long before Bush. They were started when this country started creeping away from the principles of freedom that founded this country, and when politicians started thinking, and putting into place those policies and programs that shifted responsibility for ones life away from the person themselves, and onto the collective in the form of government aid.

    j-mac
    It's not just libs that want a functioning society that doesn't treat workers like **** and don't think that poor people should be denied a little assistance. If everybody except for some minority group of liberals, since I'm constantly being told this is a center right nation, then we would have gotten rid of most of the assistance a long time ago and the fairtax wouldn't be just a dream of a small sliver of the republican party.. This reminds me of the Bush days when the conservative mantra was "don't like it? Well then you can just get out!"

    I don't think Obama's done a great job. I don't think the stimulus was implemented as well as it could have been, and it maybe just wasn't big enough. I don't like his actions in Libya, I don't like how slow he is taking on the wind down of the wars etc.

    But then I think about what would have happened if McCain were elected. No stimulus, just a reduction in taxes. Wouldn't have created nearly as many jobs, wouldn't have saved any jobs. Still would have more soldiers in Iraq and almost as many or more in Afghanistan with no signal of a withdrawal date, no investing in any new green technology, which regardless of how much you disagree, will be the wave in the very near future, and if China and Japan develop it all before us we will just see another couple of decades of falling behind.

    I understand not being in love with Obama, I know I'm not, but trying to say that everything would be better if he would just enact some conservative policies is simply false. We have seen what strictly conservative policies give you which is exactly why from day 1 they pushed all of Bush's crap on Obama and revved up the talking points. "He's just blaming Bush" Yea, and what part was he wrong about exactly? He should have to stand by his results, but just mentioning the starting point he was given isn't a bad thing.

    This can all be summed up very easily. When I see a conservative point to a specific policy, point out which details are flawed and why, I know I'm speaking with someone who has thought this through and knows what they're talking about. When I hear a conservative talk about how Obama is a socialist, hates this country, wasn't born here, is trying to ruin the economy to turn us into a nanny state, should slash spending, that we should not raise the debt ceiling etc, I know that that person should just be laughed at.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    10.25 MPG you must be invested in oil stocks!!!
    Yes - because my one car will make a difference on the US demand for oil.

    It's no guess, no FDR then no USA
    You're right -- it is a statement denoting abject ignorance.
    The US was never in any danger of invasion by or defeat at the hands of the Japanese or Germans, both of whom had absolutely no intention or capability to do so.

    today it would be to your advantage to learn instead of just attack.
    As the desert said to the grain of sand

    Your 79 trans am was a gas hog and a pig...
    Your POChevelle is slower, gets worse mileage, can't turn to save its life... and my T/A is a hog/pig?
    :LOL:

  7. #97
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    Yes - because my one car will make a difference on the US demand for oil.


    You're right -- it is a statement denoting abject ignorance.
    The US was never in any danger of invasion by or defeat at the hands of the Japanese or Germans, both of whom had absolutely no intention or capability to do so.


    As the desert said to the grain of sand


    Your POChevelle is slower, gets worse mileage, can't turn to save its life... and my T/A is a hog/pig?
    :LOL:
    So Hitler told his Japanese allies not to attack Pearl Habour is that what you are saying or do you think that the Japanese thought that thier attack on Pearl Habour would scare the USA so bad that the USA would not respond?

    My Chevelle got over 17MPG and was never beat on the street, gas was less then a dollar a gallon

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    So Hitler told his Japanese allies not to attack Pearl Habour is that what you are saying...
    That's not even close to what I am saying. Please up your reading comprehension a little.

    My Chevelle got over 17MPG and was never beat on the street, gas was less then a dollar a gallon
    Then your POChevelle doesn't have a prayer at catching my T/A.

  9. #99
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Holy ****! Balance the budget? That's ****ing genius. No one's ever thought of that! Yes, let's, during very shaky economic times, pull a bunch of money out of the economy and see how that works. Let's quit investing in any new technology of the future, who wants to plan ahead? **** infrastructure, we don't need that crap. Just whatever you do, don't cut any military spending because it would be irresponsible to have any less than 100,000 troops in Iraq to watch over the maybe hundred people there that are actively planning attacks on us on our soil. And while were at it don't raise those taxes back up to what they were in the 90's because the 90's were a terrible time where no one invested in anything because of the invasive taxes, right? As a matter of fact, let's cut taxes, that'll get us more money, just like it led to the current booming economy.

    We need to balance the budget. Everyone knows that. But the problem, right now a slashing of the government budget would simply make our economy even more weak. As much as you like to deny it, the money the government is spending is going towards government employees, construction firms, defense contractors, engineers, the unemployed etc. and those people are using it to buy **** in our economy. All of that spending is going right back into our economy. Pulling a huge portion of it out right now will just make things worse. We need to get over the recession and then cut any unnecessary spending.

    Ok, it doesn't have to be profound, but it should at least be coherent. He sounded like a nut that can't wrap his head around the greater implications of just slashing the government's budget. If it was that easy and there would be no bad results from slashing the budget then it would have been done already.

    How much is the admission charge into whatever parallel, right wing universe you've seemed to find you're way into? Yea, GM and Chrysler were doing way better before the bailout, lol.

    One black person doesn't speak for the black community any more than you or I speak for our entire race. The whole idea is silly on it's face. You'd understand that if you could get over the Obama derangement syndrome.



    It's not just libs that want a functioning society that doesn't treat workers like **** and don't think that poor people should be denied a little assistance. If everybody except for some minority group of liberals, since I'm constantly being told this is a center right nation, then we would have gotten rid of most of the assistance a long time ago and the fairtax wouldn't be just a dream of a small sliver of the republican party.. This reminds me of the Bush days when the conservative mantra was "don't like it? Well then you can just get out!"

    I don't think Obama's done a great job. I don't think the stimulus was implemented as well as it could have been, and it maybe just wasn't big enough. I don't like his actions in Libya, I don't like how slow he is taking on the wind down of the wars etc.

    But then I think about what would have happened if McCain were elected. No stimulus, just a reduction in taxes. Wouldn't have created nearly as many jobs, wouldn't have saved any jobs. Still would have more soldiers in Iraq and almost as many or more in Afghanistan with no signal of a withdrawal date, no investing in any new green technology, which regardless of how much you disagree, will be the wave in the very near future, and if China and Japan develop it all before us we will just see another couple of decades of falling behind.

    I understand not being in love with Obama, I know I'm not, but trying to say that everything would be better if he would just enact some conservative policies is simply false. We have seen what strictly conservative policies give you which is exactly why from day 1 they pushed all of Bush's crap on Obama and revved up the talking points. "He's just blaming Bush" Yea, and what part was he wrong about exactly? He should have to stand by his results, but just mentioning the starting point he was given isn't a bad thing.

    This can all be summed up very easily. When I see a conservative point to a specific policy, point out which details are flawed and why, I know I'm speaking with someone who has thought this through and knows what they're talking about. When I hear a conservative talk about how Obama is a socialist, hates this country, wasn't born here, is trying to ruin the economy to turn us into a nanny state, should slash spending, that we should not raise the debt ceiling etc, I know that that person should just be laughed at.
    There are so many straw arguments in this post I don't even know where to begin....All I know is that I can't wait for 2012 when progressives crawl back under the rock they sprang from.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #100
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Obama: Something is wrong with country's politics

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    There are so many straw arguments in this post I don't even know where to begin....All I know is that I can't wait for 2012 when progressives crawl back under the rock they sprang from.

    j-mac
    Straw arguments = things that I don't have talking points to come back with.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •