Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 118

Thread: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

  1. #41
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    I'm not so sure. Formal armies do not fare well against guerrilla tactics, especially when the guerrillas can exist in some of the harshest conditions and with very little.

    A study of Geronimo will bear this out. he terrorized two countries and their armies for roughly 20 years with usually about 30 warriors at any given time. Large armies require huge logistics, guerrillas don't require very much at all.

    When your enemy is invisible it's pretty hard to get a good aim on him.
    Precisely my point.

  2. #42
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, the commies weren't in control of the country when our army pulled out, but hey, don't let the facts blurr your revisionist history.
    Oh really? Was it Casper the friendly Ghost?

  3. #43
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Precisely my point.
    I apologize, I misunderstood.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Oh really? Was it Casper the friendly Ghost?
    Musta been, because it wasn't the commies. Communists forces didn't over-run the South until 1974...2 years after American forces had pulled out. It's all in the history books.

  5. #45
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The stupidity of your argument is epic. Thousands of years of history suggest that to be the case.
    The stupidity of my argument? So you are saying they aren't beating us?

    Also, the US military is the best one in history.

    The stupidity of your response is epic.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #46
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The stupidity of my argument? So you are saying they aren't beating us?

    Also, the US military is the best one in history.

    The stupidity of your response is epic.
    What exactly have we won? Enlighten me.

  7. #47
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Musta been, because it wasn't the commies. Communists forces didn't over-run the South until 1974...2 years after American forces had pulled out. It's all in the history books.
    You do understand one led to the other? Your contention that we won the Viet Nam war is laughable.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    What exactly have we won? Enlighten me.
    We've killed a truckload of terrorists. If we keep at it, we can kill them all.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The stupidity of my argument? So you are saying they aren't beating us?

    Also, the US military is the best one in history.

    The stupidity of your response is epic.
    No, they're not beating us. We're beating ourselves. There are too many people who will sell out our fighting men, to prove how much they care about our fighting men.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: 31 American Troops Killed In NATO Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You do understand one led to the other? Your contention that we won the Viet Nam war is laughable.
    Actually, it didn't. The defeat of the ARVN led to the commies over-running the South.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •