Page 93 of 207 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #921
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually factual results are worth a thousand words except to a liberal. Didn't Obama inherit a AAA credit rating from Bush?

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to cause a credit downgrade
    Yes, and if Republicans hadn't acted like five year olds then we would still have our AAA credit rating. That one goes in your column.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.

  2. #922
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, and if Republicans hadn't acted like five year olds then we would still have our AAA credit rating. That one goes in your column.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.
    Post 915 tells you how much Obama improved the employment situation.

  3. #923
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I posted the Obama improvements in post 915, read them
    Right, and they are pretty substantial, given where he started.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.

  4. #924
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually factual results are worth a thousand words except to a liberal. Didn't Obama inherit a AAA credit rating from Bush?

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to cause a credit downgrade
    He also inherited all of Bush's debt, so what was your point? LOL!!
    One Tin Soldier Walked Away..................

  5. #925
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    This is getting funny!

  6. #926
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here we go again, an obsession with Reagan and total ignorance of what is happening right now. I lived and worked during the Reagan years, did you? I am witnessing right now the total destruction of the private sector today and you are ignoring it. What does Reagan have to do with the thread topic? You are however distorting and actually ignoring his record. Get that from bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury sites.

    If the average American spent the money that this govt. spent they would have gone bankrupt long, long ago. So your answer is Obamanomics? Didn't he inherit a AAA rating from Bush? How do you justify the following results in 2011
    My source seems to understand a free market better than you.

    It's too bad that neo cons have no real concept of free market. If they did, they would most certainly not blame Obama for the current economy. My point would have ultimately been to demonstrate how no matter which party we vote for, the results are mostly indistinguishable between parties. And yet this is what people focus on. All of the debt piling up was happening long before Obama was even in the senate. Think about it. The government is thoroughly corrupted, and it certainly it doesn't work for average people. And while Americans are bickering about which party to blame, nothing changes. All sides have failed us.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  7. #927
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Right, and they are pretty substantial, given where he started.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.
    Where he started, 142.2 million employed to 139 million? 12.6 million unemployed to 15.1 million. That is definitely liberal improvement, LOL

    Do you always buy the leftwing spin and ignore actual results? They are making you look foolish and laughing their asses off.

  8. #928
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    My source seems to understand a free market better than you.

    It's too bad that neo cons have no real concept of free market. If they did, they would most certainly not blame Obama for the current economy. My point would have ultimately been to demonstrate how no matter which party we vote for, the results are mostly indistinguishable between parties. And yet this is what people focus on. All of the debt piling up was happening long before Obama was even in the senate. Think about it. The government is thoroughly corrupted, and it certainly it doesn't work for average people. And while Americans are bickering about which party to blame, nothing changes. All sides have failed us.
    You have shown no evidence that you have a clue what went on in the 80's and what Reagan inherited. Too bad because that has blinded you to the present and the disaster in the WH

  9. #929
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Right, and they are pretty substantial, given where he started.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.
    This "inherited" line of defense is so pathetic. How about Bush inheriting a social security and medicare system when he plainly stated he preferred a system of private accounts? How about Bush inheriting a system where Fannie and Freddie were already ticking time bombs. How about Ike inheriting a system which had a fully functioning "military and industrial complex" that he wouldn't have fostered if he'd had his druthers. How about Truman inheriting WWII. How about Nixon inheriting the Great Society programs.

  10. #930
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    He also inherited all of Bush's debt, so what was your point? LOL!!
    Yes, just like Bush inherited 5.7 trillion from Clinton. So inheriting 10.4 trillion from Bush makes it ok that Obama has increased it to 14.5 trillion? Interesting liberal logic. Deficits are yearly and add to the debt. obama spending has added 4 trillion in less than 3 years. Guess you slept through the past three years and still blame Bush for Obama spending

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •