Page 81 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #801
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You're the one who keeps calling for tax hikes on millions of working americans. Keep ignoring your own words and principles; it's what the rightwing does
    Show me where "I" have called for tax hikes on millions of working Americans and in fact where have I ever called for tax hikes on anyone. I really don't care what even you pay in taxes or what you get to keep of your income. Interesting that I am on your side with regard to your increased take home pay due to tax cuts, if you work.

  2. #802
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It went to 65 million because the number of jobs has decreased thus the number of income earners has decreased thanks to Obama economic policies. 47% of 140 million employed Americans gives the 65 million.

    Under Clinton we had the dot.com bubble that increased employment. There weren't 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans during the Clinton years nor the Bush years.

    I have never claimed that taxes should be raised, only that those who believe we have a revenue problem are looking in the wrong places to get their revenue and ignore the impact that increase in taxes will have.

    What I am saying is we need to cut spending, not increase taxes. You seem to believe we need to pay for a 3.7 trillion dollar govt. I am saying we need to cut that size of govt.

    You have yet to answer the question about the 3.7 trillion dollar govt. or I haven't seen it. Why do we need a 3.7 trillion dollar govt paying for these expenses when many of them are duplicated by the states.

    Expenses

    Defense
    International Affairs
    Gen. Science, Space
    Energy
    Natural resources/env
    Agriculture
    Commerce
    Transportation
    Community Dev
    Education/Train/Social
    Health
    Medicare
    Income Security
    Social Security
    Veterans Benefits
    Justice
    General Govt.
    Net Interest

    By the way, do you notice anything on the list of expenses that shouldn't be in the general budget of the U.S?
    Well, I don't think the number of workers not paying taxes changed between your first and second posts, did it? Still waiting for that link to your numbers....

    As I explained, the reason Democrats are looking more to the wealthy for tax increases is that it will have less impact on the economy.

    As I've also explained, I think government spending can and should be cut, particularly in defense and through entitlement reform. I would also do away with agricultural and oil subsidies.

    But even then, our revenue is insufficient to maintain a reasonable deficit.

  3. #803
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Show me where "I" have called for tax hikes on millions of working Americans and in fact where have I ever called for tax hikes on anyone. I really don't care what even you pay in taxes or what you get to keep of your income. Interesting that I am on your side with regard to your increased take home pay due to tax cuts, if you work.
    In post after post you have complained and posted lies about working americans who pay no taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #804
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As we don't have such a union here
    NO public sector units, huh?

    that's awfully unusual these days

    so unusual, in fact, it would make such a place a...

    what was that word again?

    oh, yeah---anomially

    LOL!

  5. #805
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Well, I don't think the number of workers not paying taxes changed between your first and second posts, did it? Still waiting for that link to your numbers....

    As I explained, the reason Democrats are looking more to the wealthy for tax increases is that it will have less impact on the economy.

    As I've also explained, I think government spending can and should be cut, particularly in defense and through entitlement reform. I would also do away with agricultural and oil subsidies.

    But even then, our revenue is insufficient to maintain a reasonable deficit.
    The link is easy, here is a link from a site that I know you are familiar with. Now take the 47% times the BLS number of actual income earners which is almost 140 million

    Half of Americans pay no federal income tax - Business - Personal finance - Tax Tactics - msnbc.com

    now I am waiting for an answer to my first question, why did Democrats renege on their promise to cut $3 in spending for every $1 in tax increases by GHW Bush?

  6. #806
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    In post after post you have complained and posted lies about working americans who pay no taxes.
    Typical liberal spin, that is a lie, Not complaining at all, only those who claim we aren't getting enough revenue like you are complaining

  7. #807
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Nice post!

    I would only add that this is more true of established business. Most businesses don't turn a profit until after year five. Once this has been achieved capital investment into new equipment is easier than hiring. Prior to that, hiring is the best way to manage growth.

    For this reason, growth among smaller businesses is percentage wise, exponentially higher than that of established business, and why most job creation is with small business, not large corps.
    I disagree. Every business will be profitable in terms of either a revenue/cost basis, or via balance sheet expansion (inducing new investment). The old mantra of being able to borrow your way out of a marginal revenue < fixed costs situation only applies under the correct credit criteria. Generally speaking, if a firm is losing for 5 years, no bank will touch them IMHO.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #808
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The link is easy, here is a link from a site that I know you are familiar with. Now take the 47% times the BLS number of actual income earners which is almost 140 million

    Half of Americans pay no federal income tax - Business - Personal finance - Tax Tactics - msnbc.com

    now I am waiting for an answer to my first question, why did Democrats renege on their promise to cut $3 in spending for every $1 in tax increases by GHW Bush?
    Your #'s are for 2009, the year we were operating under bush*'s job destruction program
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #809
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Typical liberal spin, that is a lie, Not complaining at all, only those who claim we aren't getting enough revenue like you are complaining
    And there you go again
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #810
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your #'s are for 2009, the year we were operating under bush*'s job destruction program
    So it is destructive to allow taxpayers to keep more of their money? Interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •