Page 77 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #761
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Asking what percentage of our debt can be addressed with taxes is a legit question. One that I see asked over and over without a reply. Yes, I note that you agree that we have a debt problem but only a small percentage is going to be able to addressed with new taxes.
    Tell me why some here are screaming to increase taxes on "the 47% who pay no taxes". I still call BS on that number, BTW. At $42K we are going down the tubes and will still pay taxes. Like so many of that mythical 47% we simply don't have the deductions to file the long form.

    Why was my call to roll corporate taxes back to pre-cut days and offer tax incentives for jobs created ignored? If tax cuts create jobs then those corporations would still get exactly the same tax rate, why the fear?

    This mess was caused by both parties and allowed by apathetic Americans who get easily sidetracked by shiny things. I can find no one who is without guilt.

    The financial market has demanded by their own actions strong regulation. Many Americans have accepted job downgrades and many more will before the end I expect.

    Where we are right now demands that action is required, not phoney math and bull**** from the political pulpit. Certainly not partisan parroting and finger pointing.

  2. #762
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    Tell me why some here are screaming to increase taxes on "the 47% who pay no taxes". I still call BS on that number, BTW. At $42K we are going down the tubes and will still pay taxes. Like so many of that mythical 47% we simply don't have the deductions to file the long form.

    Why was my call to roll corporate taxes back to pre-cut days and offer tax incentives for jobs created ignored? If tax cuts create jobs then those corporations would still get exactly the same tax rate, why the fear?

    This mess was caused by both parties and allowed by apathetic Americans who get easily sidetracked by shiny things. I can find no one who is without guilt.

    The financial market has demanded by their own actions strong regulation. Many Americans have accepted job downgrades and many more will before the end I expect.

    Where we are right now demands that action is required, not phoney math and bull**** from the political pulpit. Certainly not partisan parroting and finger pointing.
    Great spin on your part, you are the one along with all other liberals claiming we need more revenue yet never addressing the FACT that 47% of income earners aren't paying any FIT. I don't think we have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem. How much additional revenue would you get if you collected anything say $100 a year from the 70 million income earners who aren't paying anything?

  3. #763
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Many? What do you think Pharma does with their R&D Money? 153 in 40 years. Is that all the breakthrough drugs we have had?
    Rather than explain it to you.Read the following two books.

    Overdosed America: by John Abramson, M.D

    and


    The Truth About the Drug Companies: written by Marcia Angell, M.D



    You will find that most socalled research by big pharma is really done by outside sources. The biggest chunk of money they spend is on advertisement.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #764
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Rather than explain it to you.Read the following two books.

    Overdosed America: by John Abramson, M.D

    and


    The Truth About the Drug Companies: written by Marcia Angell, M.D



    You will find that most socalled research by big pharma is really done by outside sources. The biggest chunk of money they spend is on advertisement.
    You really do hate private industry, don't you? Your article claims that 153 drugs have been created by public research companies over the last 40 years. That is a drop in the bucket in enhancements over that same period but you ignore that reality. Why? R&D money doesn't go to advertisement. By the way how many taxpaying people work for Pharma companies and how much do Pharma companies pay to local charities and contribute to the local communities? Let's shut them all down and put those people on the unemployment line with the other 25 million unemployed or under employed.

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great spin on your part, you are the one along with all other liberals claiming we need more revenue yet never addressing the FACT that 47% of income earners aren't paying any FIT. I don't think we have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem. How much additional revenue would you get if you collected anything say $100 a year from the 70 million income earners who aren't paying anything?
    This argument, on both sides, and this BS justification above must stop. It's speculative conjecture based "reasoning" that never ventures away from the party/media (of choice) framework as they define it for you.

    I always find it interesting that the rallying cry for the Tea Party is missing half (it's most important half) of the original battle cry of no taxation...

    .. WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

    Since well over 47% of the time Our elected public servant representatives spend is with special interests of elites, it is only fair that they pay more than those they've subversively subjugated that representation from.

    Any other argument is circus theater. It's really just that simple. And the founders agreed so passionately, they went to war to win it.... for you/Us.

    IT'S ABOUT EQUAL REPRESENTATION!

  6. #766
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    This argument, on both sides, and this BS justification above must stop. It's speculative conjecture based "reasoning" that never ventures away from the party/media (of choice) framework as they define it for you.

    I always find it interesting that the rallying cry for the Tea Party is missing half (it's most important half) of the original battle cry of no taxation...

    .. WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

    Since well over 47% of the time Our elected public servant representatives spend is with special interests of elites, it is only fair that they pay more than those they've subversively subjugated that representation from.

    Any other argument is circus theater. It's really just that simple. And the founders agreed so passionately, they went to war to win it.... for you/Us.

    IT'S ABOUT EQUAL REPRESENTATION!
    You miss the point entirely, today we have a 3.7 trillion dollar a year Federal Govt. and liberals claim we need to increase revenue to pay for it. I don't agree with that at all. I know we have a spending problem not a revenue problem and also know that if you compromise with liberals on getting tax increases those same liberal politicians will never give you the spending cuts because that is how they keep their jobs, keeping a large group of people dependent.

  7. #767
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really do hate private industry, don't you? Your article claims that 153 drugs have been created by public research companies over the last 40 years. That is a drop in the bucket in enhancements over that same period but you ignore that reality. Why? R&D money doesn't go to advertisement. By the way how many taxpaying people work for Pharma companies and how much do Pharma companies pay to local charities and contribute to the local communities? Let's shut them all down and put those people on the unemployment line with the other 25 million unemployed or under employed.
    Is there anything in the above that refutes my statement "You will find that most socalled research by big pharma is really done by outside sources"? No?Why am i not surprised?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #768
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,354

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Is there anything in the above that refutes my statement "You will find that most socalled research by big pharma is really done by outside sources"? No?Why am i not surprised?
    How do you explain their huge R&D budgets.

  9. #769
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Is there anything in the above that refutes my statement "You will find that most socalled research by big pharma is really done by outside sources"? No?Why am i not surprised?
    And paid for by Big Pharma. Do you deny that Big Pharma has created drugs as well? You have so much support for the bureacrats that created the 14.5 trillion dollar debt we all are paying for today and yet the attack on the private sector continues.

    I haven't seen you or any other liberal talk about the benefits corporations add to the economy and the country. Why is that?

  10. #770
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    Tell me why some here are screaming to increase taxes on "the 47% who pay no taxes". I still call BS on that number, BTW. At $42K we are going down the tubes and will still pay taxes. Like so many of that mythical 47% we simply don't have the deductions to file the long form.

    Why was my call to roll corporate taxes back to pre-cut days and offer tax incentives for jobs created ignored? If tax cuts create jobs then those corporations would still get exactly the same tax rate, why the fear?

    This mess was caused by both parties and allowed by apathetic Americans who get easily sidetracked by shiny things. I can find no one who is without guilt.

    The financial market has demanded by their own actions strong regulation. Many Americans have accepted job downgrades and many more will before the end I expect.

    Where we are right now demands that action is required, not phoney math and bull**** from the political pulpit. Certainly not partisan parroting and finger pointing.
    Because no one is going to spend $30,000+ to hire an employee they don't need, just to save a couple thousand on their taxes.

    Tax credits don't = tax cuts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •