Page 75 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #741
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tax cuts were of benefit to the taxpayer, you seem to have a problem with that
    What do yuo think I said? You're not even close to a response that has any connection to the question I asked. Reread and try again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #742
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As we don't have such a union here, and tax payer money did save jobs, who should I demonize?
    Obama of course, haven't you been paying attention? I am pretty sure he was also responsible for the Cuban Missle Crisis and several natural disasters around the globe.

  3. #743
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What do yuo think I said? You're not even close to a response that has any connection to the question I asked. Reread and try again.
    Try to comprehend what is being posted here, Obama inherited a AAA credit rating from Bush and saw it downgraded. He spent trillions and generated the following results.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!

  4. #744
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    Obama of course, haven't you been paying attention? I am pretty sure he was also responsible for the Cuban Missle Crisis and several natural disasters around the globe.
    No, that would have been GW Bush and isn't it amazing that GW Bush snuck back into the WH and generated the following 2011 economic results

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!

  5. #745
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try to comprehend what is being posted here, Obama inherited a AAA credit rating from Bush and saw it downgraded. He spent trillions and generated the following results.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    Again, you responded to my comment. Did you read it, or the response, or do you just have standard replys you post regardless to what you reply to?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #746
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, you responded to my comment. Did you read it, or the response, or do you just have standard replys you post regardless to what you reply to?
    Yep, read it and responded accordingly

  7. #747
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, read it and responded accordingly
    Can't prove it by your response.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #748
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, you responded to my comment. Did you read it, or the response, or do you just have standard replys you post regardless to what you reply to?
    Asking what percentage of our debt can be addressed with taxes is a legit question. One that I see asked over and over without a reply. Yes, I note that you agree that we have a debt problem but only a small percentage is going to be able to addressed with new taxes.

  9. #749
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, that would have been GW Bush and isn't it amazing that GW Bush snuck back into the WH and generated the following 2011 economic results

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    In 2008 Bush handed Obama the worse job loss (2,590,000) since 1945 which was 2,750,000. Even worse than Reagan's job loss in 1982 of 2,130,00. Nov. and Dec. of 2008 were 2 straight months where the economy lost over 500,000 jobs.

    Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009


  10. #750
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Banks concocted $14 trillion of toxic assets that S&P rated AAA between 2003 and 2008.

    S&P Debt-Rating-Downgrade Hypocrisy - The Daily Beast

    That high-class rating was the criterion hurdle that allowed international cities, towns, and pension funds to scoop up those assets, and then borrow against them because of their superior quality, and later suffer devastating losses and bankruptcies when the market didnít afford them the value that the S&P AAA rating would have implied.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •