Page 69 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #681
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The poverty line in this country is much higher than the poverty line in other countries and to believe that people cannot afford something in the form of income taxes is ridiculous. That is the point, almost 70 million Americans are paying NOTHING in FIT yet those rich that liberals love to demonize are paying 38% of the taxes. That isn't their fair share according to liberals. You don't see a problem here?

    I am disabled. My wife makes in excess of $40K and we are filing bankruptcy because of medical bills and we will surely be paying taxes this year. Your figures are misleading.

  2. #682
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    And pray tell who stepped up with the great promise of leadership? There are no innocents in this.

    I know most Americans are politically ignorant, but history will lay wide open that the credit downgrade was indeed a joint effort, the single bi-partisan thing that was actually completed. As it currently stands there is not one single person on the horizon that would get my vote for president. Not one.

    The economy has been headed to hell for decades and nothing has been done about it. It is finally heading for the only logical conclusion there is, failure.

    I am not pronouncing this American experiment DOA just yet, but life support is in order here. We spend trillions overseas trying to make the rest of the world just like us. Think about that. As an outsider watching recent events, where is any incentive to be just like us? That includes lip service in order to get our cash.
    You makes a few good points here especially with our foreign aid and getting nothing for it. I will still take this free enterprise, capitalistic economy over anything else in the world. The results speak for themselves. Liberalism is a cancer that cannot be allowed to destroy what made this country great. We need leadership now not class warfare and demonization of anyone who creates wealth. The pie isn't a specific size as it continues to grow when given the opportunity to do that. Liberals don't accept that and believe it is a zero sum game and one size. That is false.

    The problem seems to be that liberals want equal outcome instead of equal opportunity. Our constitution doesn't guarantee equal outcome. In a free enterprise, capitalistic system some people will fail due to their own failure to accept responsibility. Those are the poster people for the liberals with an agenda to destroy this economy. Until liberals acccept the concept of personal responsibilty and consequences for failure they will continue this country on a downward trend. The entitlement mentality today is a disaster

  3. #683
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, you miss the point entirely although I doubt that is the case as you simply won't admit it. I don't think we have a revenue problem, you do. I don't care that 47% don't pay any FIT but you are showing the hypocrisy of a liberal. If you want revenue go after those not paying any FIT instead of those who pay 38% and then claim they aren't paying their fair share? And please don't confuse FIT with Corporate taxes which is another liberal strawman and misstatement.
    What's the reason they pay no FIT?


  4. #684
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    I am disabled. My wife makes in excess of $40K and we are filing bankruptcy because of medical bills and we will surely be paying taxes this year. Your figures are misleading.

    This mnth I got about 3k in medical bils.

  5. #685
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    I am disabled. My wife makes in excess of $40K and we are filing bankruptcy because of medical bills and we will surely be paying taxes this year. Your figures are misleading.
    So whose responsibilty is it for your failures? Sorry about your problem but why should the Federal govt. pay for your mistakes and failure to plan ahead? Have you tried local charities and your local community? What makes you think that a bureaucrat in D.C. can solve your personal problem and do it effeciently? You seem to put faith in bureaucrats that generated the 14.5 trillion debt.

  6. #686
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    This mnth I got about 3k in medical bils.
    And of course none of those could have been prepared for years ago, right? Live for today and the hell with tomorrow is what far too many do. Planning for retirement and for unexpected healthcare expenses isn't on many agenda today. I employed thousands and offered healthcare for every employee, part or full time. It was a contributory program and picked up 80% of the cost. Participation rate was 50% because younger employees felt they were invincible. Sound familar to you?

  7. #687
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So whose responsibilty is it for your failures? Sorry about your problem but why should the Federal govt. pay for your mistakes and failure to plan ahead? Have you tried local charities and your local community? What makes you think that a bureaucrat in D.C. can solve your personal problem and do it effeciently? You seem to put faith in bureaucrats that generated the 14.5 trillion debt.
    Life stomped the **** out of my savings. **** happens and for you to call them failures is insulting to a degree that I doubt you can comprehend. How is 3 incurable diseases a failure? How is a year and a half to jump through disability hoops that ate every dime I had a failure?

    Oh, I tried the local route, I was told they had no funding, imagine that. Or did you mean the type of charities that require me to move to a homeless shelter? What I have put faith in is SS, which I have paid into for 46 years.

    One more insult like the failure one and we will never converse again.

  8. #688
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And of course none of those could have been prepared for years ago, right? Live for today and the hell with tomorrow is what far too many do. Planning for retirement and for unexpected healthcare expenses isn't on many agenda today. I employed thousands and offered healthcare for every employee, part or full time. It was a contributory program and picked up 80% of the cost. Participation rate was 50% because younger employees felt they were invincible. Sound familar to you?

    Honestly I really don't know how one prepares for a debilitating congenital heart defect like isolated left ventricular non-compaction where the "cure" is a heart transplant. Even the very expensive high risk pool private insurance I have doesn't cover everything.

  9. #689
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    This mnth I got about 3k in medical bils.


    But according to some it is our fault that we don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars in reserve to pay for that. Face it, we should just roll off of the travois into a snowbank and die.

  10. #690
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    Life stomped the **** out of my savings. **** happens and for you to call them failures is insulting to a degree that I doubt you can comprehend. How is 3 incurable diseases a failure? How is a year and a half to jump through disability hoops that ate every dime I had a failure?

    Oh, I tried the local route, I was told they had no funding, imagine that. Or did you mean the type of charities that require me to move to a homeless shelter? What I have put faith in is SS, which I have paid into for 46 years.

    One more insult like the failure one and we will never converse again.
    As I pointed out before I am sorry for your personal situation but as i pointed out the entitlement mentality is the problem today for far too many. I will be 65 this year so have had my share of problems and heartbreak. NOT ONCE did I ever expect the govt. to bail me out. I learned personal responsibility growing up. Seems the govt. has creates that entitlement mentality. You relied on SS for your retirement? Was that the intent of SS or was it supposed to be a supplement to SS? Think about it. The sooner people realize that the Federal Govt. isn't the answer the sooner we actually solve social problems because that is the role of the state and local communities.

    As for trying the local route, I contributed thousands yearly to my church and no for a fact that no one has been turned down for help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •