Page 47 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #461
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet you never hear that from liberals,

    Uhmm thunder's political lean on his profile says liberal.

  2. #462
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why do liberals promote class warfare? You continue to miss the point and continue to spout the talking points without even thinking. Millions and millions of Americans are working, earning income but pay zero in Federal Income taxes. Are they paying their fair share?
    Where do you get class warefare? If anyone is promoting that, you are. You're trying to painted wealthy (a class) as picked on, and the poor (a class) and working people (a class) as privileged.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Notice that you never address the FACT that those evil rich people are paying 38% of the taxes and 47% of income earners most 50,000 or less pay zero. That the liberal definition of fair share?
    Where did I call them evil? Agian, so far, I only see YOU using that word. And while many pay little income tax, all do pay taxes. There is no reason to feel sorry for anyone here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Where do you get class warefare? If anyone is promoting that, you are. You're trying to painted wealthy (a class) as picked on, and the poor (a class) and working people (a class) as privileged.
    I don't care what you or anyone else makes. I know we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem so how am I promoting class warfare? You can make as much as you legally can make. Interesting how liberals like you don't seem to understand the value of keeping more of what you earn.

  5. #465
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. Never in the history of this country has the Govt. spent as much money as Obama. There isn't enough revenue from the rich to pay for the liberal spending appetite. Why do you continue to buy the liberal rhetoric.
    No, we have a debt problem. To combat that problem, you cut spending and rasie revenue (taxes).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't care what you or anyone else makes. I know we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem so how am I promoting class warfare?..
    we have a spending problem AND a revenue problem.

  7. #467
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Where did I call them evil? Agian, so far, I only see YOU using that word. And while many pay little income tax, all do pay taxes. There is no reason to feel sorry for anyone here.
    Here we go again, all pay some kind of taxes isn't the same as millions paying zero in FIT. You probably should find out what FIT funds. Heaven knows I have posted the line item expenses here often enough. Guess if you say something often enough you begin to believe it is true. What do you think raising taxes at the Federal Level will do to state taxes? Tell you the truth, raise taxes at teh Federal level and watch more and more businesses flock to the non state income tax states. Most people in the upper income levels aren't stupid. They aren't going to pay higher Federal Taxes and higher state taxes. They can move from the high tax states and will.

  8. #468
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    we have a spending problem AND a revenue problem.
    If you have a revenue problem as you claim, you stop spending. Justify a 3.7 trillion dollar spending spree of Obama? My bet is you haven't a clue as to how much of state spending is duplicated at the Federal Level but continue to buy the liberal spin that the Federal Govt. needs more revenue.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, we have a debt problem. To combat that problem, you cut spending and rasie revenue (taxes).
    GHW Bush taught the world that you don't compromise with a liberal. He agreed to $1 in tax increases for $3 in spending cuts. Guess what we didn't get?

  10. #470
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here we go again, all pay some kind of taxes isn't the same as millions paying zero in FIT. You probably should find out what FIT funds. Heaven knows I have posted the line item expenses here often enough. Guess if you say something often enough you begin to believe it is true. What do you think raising taxes at the Federal Level will do to state taxes? Tell you the truth, raise taxes at teh Federal level and watch more and more businesses flock to the non state income tax states. Most people in the upper income levels aren't stupid. They aren't going to pay higher Federal Taxes and higher state taxes. They can move from the high tax states and will.
    You're not paying attention. And business holding a state hostage, getting all kinds of breaks, and than shipping jobs overseas anyway, for the low, low, low wages, cannot not be appeased enough. We've seen states elminate taxes altogether and still see business leave.

    And before you bring up Texas, you might want to look at Texas just a little closer. The state is hardly paradise.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •