Page 201 of 207 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #2001
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    George W. Bush
    Then prove it

  2. #2002
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then prove it
    The key word you used - generated.

    BTW, the president of S&P is resigning, why do you think that is?

    Standard & Poor's President Stepping Down | FoxNews.com

    See you later after my coffee at my favorite Starbucks.

  3. #2003
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Liberal tag line, the year is 2025, the US is now Greece after demo destruction of the nation, and what will liberals in this country blame it on?


    GEORGE W. BUSH!!!!

    What a joke.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #2004
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The budget that Bush submitted didn't have a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit. Now if you want to continue to talk about Bush then carry on but all that does is divert from the disaster that Obama is. Bush is out of office and my bet is you will still be blaming him 10 years from now. Bush didn't authorize the troop surge in Afghanistan
    Read the fact check:

    As we have written twice before, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected the fiscal year 2009 deficit at $1.2 trillion two weeks before Obama took office. That fiscal year started Oct. 1, 2008. Thefiscal year was already nearly one-third over when Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. After Obama took office, the deficit increased to $1.4 trillion for fiscal year 2009. At the end of the fiscal year, the CBO largely blamed the 2009 deficit on the recession, specifically a sharp decline in tax revenues and an increase in spending in response to the economic crisis first by Bush and later by Obama.

    http://www.factcheck.org/2011/06/rom...-auto-bailout/

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #2005
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The key word you used - generated.

    BTW, the president of S&P is resigning, why do you think that is?

    Standard & Poor's President Stepping Down | FoxNews.com

    See you later after my coffee at my favorite Starbucks.
    Another casualty of a vindicative Obama justice department?

  6. #2006
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The key word you used - generated.

    BTW, the president of S&P is resigning, why do you think that is?

    Standard & Poor's President Stepping Down | FoxNews.com

    See you later after my coffee at my favorite Starbucks.
    Another casualty of a vindicative Obama justice department? Still waiting for you to prove that Bush generated 4 trillion dollar deficits in 3 years?

  7. #2007
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Read the fact check:

    As we have written twice before, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected the fiscal year 2009 deficit at $1.2 trillion two weeks before Obama took office. That fiscal year started Oct. 1, 2008. Thefiscal year was already nearly one-third over when Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. After Obama took office, the deficit increased to $1.4 trillion for fiscal year 2009. At the end of the fiscal year, the CBO largely blamed the 2009 deficit on the recession, specifically a sharp decline in tax revenues and an increase in spending in response to the economic crisis — first by Bush and later by Obama.

    Romney Wrong on Deficits, Auto Bailout | FactCheck.org
    Look I understand that you don't want to answer the question but posting the same information from the CBO over and over again doesn't change the fact that you have ignored the questions. The CBO projected a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit due to "increase in spending in response to the economic crisis" which means what to you? Please explain to me what part of that included the Obama stimulus, included the Obama bailout of GM/Chrysler, the Afghanistan surge ordered by Obama?

  8. #2008
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Liberal tag line, the year is 2025, the US is now Greece after demo destruction of the nation, and what will liberals in this country blame it on?


    GEORGE W. BUSH!!!!

    What a joke.


    j-mac
    Nice to see you here, j-mac

  9. #2009
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Liberal tag line, the year is 2025, the US is now Greece after demo destruction of the nation, and what will liberals in this country blame it on?


    GEORGE W. BUSH!!!!

    What a joke.


    j-mac
    There's that fabled personally responsibility at work again. First it was Clinton's fault, and now Bush's actions are all Obama's fault. Repubican personal responsibility at work?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #2010
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look I understand that you don't want to answer the question but posting the same information from the CBO over and over again doesn't change the fact that you have ignored the questions. The CBO projected a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit due to "increase in spending in response to the economic crisis" which means what to you? Please explain to me what part of that included the Obama stimulus, included the Obama bailout of GM/Chrysler, the Afghanistan surge ordered by Obama?
    It means exactly what it says, but that is not the issue. Obama's contibution is the difference between 1.2 and 1.4 trillion. That is realitively quite small. To blame Obama and ignore Bush's contribution is illogical and quite partisan.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •