Page 182 of 207 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1811
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    This should be fun.

    You will have to bring it here though.

    Eris Bar & Grill

    I strongly disagree with the latest infraction I have received and have chosen to leave this place where the admins actually allow people to talk.

    To those who provided interesting conversation, thank you very mush.
    On the day I said it would not take much this is the site my initial search led me to.
    But you are gone?
    Pity.

  2. #1812
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    David Stockman, Reagan's economic advisor, says that tax cuts do not pay for themselves. Alan Greenspan has said that tax cuts do not pay for themselves. In short, there is no credible economist who maintains that tax cuts have or will pay for themselves.
    People who believe that reductions in tax rates need to be paid for appear to believe that all wealth belongs to the government. Awesome. I love statists. And Big Brother is watching...

  3. #1813
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Raising the debt ceiling does not increase the deficit when you are borrowing to pay for already-committed spending. Failing to raise the debt ceiling would send the deficit into a death spiral, however.
    I think we should cut spending on the government's two million or so busybody bureaucrats. Then we could begin lowering the debt ceiling.

  4. #1814
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    People who believe that reductions in tax rates need to be paid for appear to believe that all wealth belongs to the government. Awesome. I love statists. And Big Brother is watching...
    I think you nailed it. That is why they believe tax cuts are an expense to the govt. since all wealth belongs to the govt. Liberal logic 101. That explains Donc and Adam well.

  5. #1815
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    s.
    Paragraph 4 of the 14th Amendment says the debt of the U.S. can't be questioned.
    Super. Let's start closing down those extra-constitutional departments and agencies. We can save half of what the government spends and rid ourselves of about two million busybody bureaucrats. Win. Win.

  6. #1816
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Got it private insurance is better in your world even though it takes money out of the pocket of seniors.
    Is your argument that the greediest generation should be untouched by our troubles?

  7. #1817
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Rightwingers don't investigate the facts. It hurts their little brain

    They only investigate blowjobs and birth certificates
    And the occasional suborning of perjury...

  8. #1818
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What strawman? A budget, whether it is yours, or the Federal government, it just a plan. According to the following most states don't really have a balanced budget even though they say they do.
    It would make sense to use a rolling average of the revenues of the previous five years or so. Combine that with a requirement to spend not more than 90% of that average and I think the brakes on uncontrolled government growth and expenses would be appropriately applied.

  9. #1819
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I think you nailed it. That is why they believe tax cuts are an expense to the govt. since all wealth belongs to the govt. Liberal logic 101. That explains Donc and Adam well.

    What do you have against paying for unfunded wars ?
    Last edited by Donc; 08-16-11 at 10:21 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #1820
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Here is another nifty little trick they used:
    The reason: State lawmakers have locked away the money to deal with the budget shortfall. The state is now spending only half as much as it did to help the poor and elderly get through the summer a decade ago.
    Sounds good. Responsible. I like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •