Page 175 of 207 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1741
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Got it Pb, the govt knows best in your world and you have no problem with the 14.5 trillion dollar debt. Seniors are too stupid in the liberal world to get their own healthcare, I know that I am. So thanks for your concern.
    In many cases insurance companies would not insure a senior because maybe they have cancer, diabetes, emphysema, etc. ...


  2. #1742
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly, private insurance is taking money out of my pocket each month and I have a choice where to spend my insurance dollars
    Fine waste your money on a more expensive system. Just don't expect everyone else to play along.

  3. #1743
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly, private insurance is taking money out of my pocket each month and I have a choice where to spend my insurance dollars
    Most Americans don't have that choice. If they're lucky they get what their employer provides or they get nothing. Under health care reform they will have a choice among multiple plans.

  4. #1744
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You are hopelessly confused. Supplementals are added to the debt -- yes. But supplementals are not in the budget, and therefore they are not reflected in BUDGET deficits. Get the picture? That's how Bush played his shell game.
    No, supplementals are never part of the budget because a supplemental is for an unforseen event. Guess you really need a basics civics and economic class. They are indeed part of the debt and it is the debt that matters, and what we pay debt service on.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!

  5. #1745
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Most Americans don't have that choice. If they're lucky they get what their employer provides or they get nothing. Under health care reform they will have a choice among multiple plans.
    You are right, I remember well when I got my job that I had a gun held to my head forcing me to take that job. We need the nanny state more now than ever before.

  6. #1746
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Iraq Supplementals are included in the debt just like the Afghanistan supplemental requested by Obama was included in the 2009 deficit so what is your point
    The CSBA agreed and blamed the ballooning budgets on the Bush administration's unprecedented decision to fund the wars through giant emergency spending measures rather than through appropriations requests.

    "The process has reduced the ability of Congress to exercise effective oversight. It has also tended to obscure the long-term costs and budgetary consequences of ongoing military operations," the report says. It also warns that such emergency bills have included "substantial amounts of funding for programs unrelated to the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan."

    (snip)

    The report also rapped the Bush administration's paying for the wars through borrowing, rather than tax increases and spending cuts. That approach, it concluded, will lead to interest costs through 2018 that range from about $70 billion to as high as about $700 billion, depending on how much of the war funding came through bond sales.

    Study Criticizes Bush Approach to War Funding, Calls for Changes


    Stillcliaming the GOP doesn't spend?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1747
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Most Americans don't have that choice. If they're lucky they get what their employer provides or they get nothing. Under health care reform they will have a choice among multiple plans.
    Is that the same HealthCare reform law that increases the costs of HealthCare? Also the same one that's identified the mandate as unconstitutional in the 11th circuit court of appeals?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #1748
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Chart of the Day: Republican vs. Democratic Spending

    Chart of the Day: Republican vs. Democratic Spending | Mother Jones

    The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders

    The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders | Stephen Slivinski | Cato Institute: Policy Analysis

    Ironically, up until President Obama’s administration, all increases in the national debt as a percentage of GDP since WWII came under Republican administrations:

    national debt under republicans

    Spending escalates under GOP watch

    Spending escalates under GOP watch - Washington Times
    Re-posted for conservative.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1749
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    They are part of the debt, but not reflected in the deficit, that's one reason a balanced budget amendment is stupid.
    A balanced budget amendment would have exemptions that allowed us to go to war if necessary but besides that, are you argueing that it would have been bad if we had to come up with a plan to pay for going into Iraq before actually doing it?

  10. #1750
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, supplementals are never part of the budget because a supplemental is for an unforseen event. Guess you really need a basics civics and economic class. They are indeed part of the debt and it is the debt that matters, and what we pay debt service on.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    Wow, put down the Koolaid, kid. Do you HONESTLY believe that Bush did not foresee that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars needed to be funded every year? You are either extremely gullible or you have a serious integrity problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •