Page 169 of 207 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1681
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Wait, did he say that the essence of bipartisanship is to give up a little to get a lot? Was he singing the praises of compromise?!
    So compromise with us anytime you want to. Let's have trillions in spending cuts now with a promise of tax increases in the out years.

  2. #1682
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    QUOTE=Conservative

    Tax cuts aren't an expense,
    $2.5 Trillion looks like an expense to me.


    First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    If it wasn't for the $2.5 Trillion tax cuts we would not be thinking about AA+ now.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #1683
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    $2.5 Trillion looks like an expense to me.




    If it wasn't for the $2.5 Trillion tax cuts we would not be thinking about AA+ now.
    Then you need glasses, no accountant will ever support that claim. How is keeping more of what you earn an expense to the Federal Govt. I gave you the line item expenses and nowhere does tax cut appear as an expense. That is nothing more than liberal talking points that the brainwashed buys.

  4. #1684
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How is keeping more of what you earn an expense to the Federal Govt.
    When $2.5 trill don't get collected in taxes while two wars are going on.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #1685
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    When $2.2 trill don't get collected in taxes while two wars are going on.
    That doesn't make it an expense, it makes it less revenue. Do you know the difference between revenue and expense? Obviously not, nor do you understand that FIT tax revenue went up AFTER the tax rate cuts of Bush and Reagan when fully implemented. Frustrating for you, I know.

  6. #1686
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That doesn't make it an expense, it makes it less revenue.

    Two unfunded wars and you don't call that an expense?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #1687
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Two unfunded wars and you don't call that an expense?
    Wars are an expense, tax cuts aren't. The wars didn't create the 14.5 trillion dollar debt. how about unfunded social programs, unfunded Great Society. Unfunded New Deal, unfunded now SS trust fund? You pick on wars because you don't like wars, no one does but to claim that tax cuts are expenses to the govt. is totally and completely false and foolish.

  8. #1688
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    QUOTE=Conservative

    Wars are an expense, tax cuts aren't. The wars didn't create the 14.5 trillion dollar debt.
    Hhhmm...Where is this money coming from?

    Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM


    You pick on wars because you don't like wars, no one does but to claim that tax cuts are expenses to the govt. is totally and completely false and foolish.
    If we had the dough that the tax cuts diverted from the treasury we would have $2.5 trillion less debt at this time and we would still have our AAA rating.You can spin like a top all night if you want but facts are facts.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #1689
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hhhmm...Where is this money coming from?

    Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM




    If we had the dough that the tax cuts diverted from the treasury we would have $2.5 trillion less debt at this time and we would still have our AAA rating.You can spin like a top all night if you want but facts are facts.
    You just cannot admit that you are wrong, the war is an expense and has to be paid out of revenue. Whether or not there is enough revenue or not doesn't make it an expense. You really need to get some help. Go talk to your accountant and ask them if you keeping more of what you earn is an expense to the govt. because you send them less revenue. That may be one of the dumbest arguments I have ever heard.

    We would have 2.5 trillion less debt if we didn't spend the money. With this govt. has nothing to do with the amount of revenue. The fact is we have more revenue from the tax cuts and you cannot explain it.

  10. #1690
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You just cannot admit that you are wrong, the war is an expense and has to be paid out of revenue. Whether or not there is enough revenue or not doesn't make it an expense.

    We would have 2.5 trillion less debt if we didn't spend the money. With this govt. has nothing to do with the amount of revenue. The fact is we have more revenue from the tax cuts and you cannot explain it.

    Who pays this non expense?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •