Page 157 of 207 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1561
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No doubt. Remember when we had BDS? (Bush Derangement Syndrome) Now we have a segment of the country that, I not only suspect suffered that effect during the GWB years, but now has channeled that into a kind of ODS, only flipped from the vitriol of the Bush years turned into an almost religious following of Obama. I swear we could be 20 years down the road, and if it were possible that Obama would be in office, thank God he can't and won't past '12, but if he were they would still be blaming Bush for the policies of Obama that are complete failures.

    j-mac
    Well, considering it took 8 years for Bush to TANK this economy, its going to take more than 2 years to turn it around. It will probably take around 16 according to credible experts (economists) predictions. Bush only gets blamed because credit is due to whom deserves it. You can brush all the blame off to Obama you want but the facts show we are in this economic disaster because bush policies, not Obamas. The wars, rich tax cuts and fraudulant loop holes are the ONLY reason we are in this mess today. You Republicans want to take away Obamas blank check now, but I didnt see any arguments 8 years ago when GOVERNMENT SPENDING was funding wars with the money we didnt have and the debt ceiling was raised 4+ times. So basically your arguement is that government spending is ok when a republican is in office, even if it means completely tanking the economy to fuel our rich investors war machine, but if a democrat wants to use to money to simulate the economy or provide some free healthcare for the poor, its a BIG problem. You cant go as far as saying "failed Obama policies" when congress refuses to pass any legislation from Obama... even if he gives them EVERYTHING they desire, kind of like the debt ceiling deal. The Republican controlled house has one goal in mind, and thats to make Obama fail. They will tank the economy and starve chilidren before they give Obama an inch. Americans knows this, which is why the Republican party holds 80% of the blame for our current AAA downgrade and economic problems.

    You are a perfect example of someone who votes based on feelings instead of facts. Your complete denial over bush's failed policies and leadership blinds your eyes from credible facts and a potentially credible vote. Im not criticizing you for being a Republican, I myself have voted Republican before, but to say Obama is responsible for our problems is a very irrelevant and feeling based statement.

    Obama will win by a landslade in '12. There is no potential GOP runner right now that has the slightest chance of beating him, besides Mitt Romney, and he is the ONLY one that has a SMALL CHANCE of beating Obama. Obama did not become president by luck, he is a great public speaker and has a very special ability to connect and inspire voters. He still holds a 90% support rating from registered democrats. The only way he loses this upcoming election is if his own party support falls. Current polls show that democratic support is growing, and all he needs is a small amount of independent voters to swing his way and he wins his re-election with ease. He has the entire black vote, union voters, poor voters, and the majority of hispanics. The GOP is doing their best effort to fool hispanic voters into thinking they are the ones looking out for their best interest, which is actually the exact opposite of truth. They want to enforce strict immigration laws on all hispanics. Democrats will be going after alot of hispanics on this campaign which will prove to be very useful to them in the long run.

    The media is just trying to make a story out of this election. They all know Obama will win and so does the GOP. The GOP is saving all of their real credible candidates for the next election. They have publically admitted this.
    Last edited by SypherAL; 08-15-11 at 10:08 AM.

  2. #1562
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    Well, considering it took 8 years for Bush to TANK this economy, its going to take more than 2 years to turn it around. It will probably take around 16 according to credible experts (economists) predictions. Bush only gets blamed because credit is due to whom deserves it. You can brush all the blame off to Obama you want but the facts show we are in this economic disaster because bush policies, not Obamas. The wars, rich tax cuts and fraudulant loop holes are the ONLY reason we are in this mess today. You Republicans want to take away Obamas blank check now, but I didnt see any arguments 8 years ago when GOVERNMENT SPENDING was funding wars with the money we didnt have and the debt ceiling was raised 4+ times. So basically your arguement is that government spending is ok when a republican is in office, even if it means completely tanking the economy to fuel our rich investors war machine, but if a democrat wants to use to money to simulate the economy or provide some free healthcare for the poor, its a BIG problem.

    You are a perfect example of someone who votes based on feelings instead of facts. Your complete denial over bush's failed policies and leadership blinds your eyes from credible facts and a potentially credible vote. Im not criticizing you for being a Republican, I myself have voted Republican before, but to say Obama is responsible for our problems is a very irrelevant and feeling based statement.
    Facts? Where are your facts? This isn't tanking the economy. Bea.gov, Bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury Dept disagree with you but you would rather buy op ed pieces instead of getting actual data. Then of course you give Obama a pass and believe what he says as well.

    The recession ended in June 2009. Obama inherited a AAA rating from Bush, and then went and created the following results

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    Never in the history of this country has someone had these kind of results 2 years after the end of a recession but you give him a pass? Have you ever run any kind of business? You can never delegate responsibility and to continue to blame Bush is doing just that which makes Obama a failure.

  3. #1563
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    Well, considering it took 8 years for Bush to TANK this economy, its going to take more than 2 years to turn it around.
    That turn around hasn't started yet and in fact is a abject failure. You've killed your argument in the first sentence, so there's no need to go further. When is the first 2 years going to start?

    Understand that I've already anticipated you making the claim that the recession technically ended in 2009, and that growth is slow and that jobs are a lagging indicator.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #1564
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Facts? Where are your facts? This isn't tanking the economy. Bea.gov, Bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury Dept disagree with you but you would rather buy op ed pieces instead of getting actual data. Then of course you give Obama a pass and believe what he says as well.

    The recession ended in June 2009. Obama inherited a AAA rating from Bush, and then went and created the following results



    Never in the history of this country has someone had these kind of results 2 years after the end of a recession but you give him a pass? Have you ever run any kind of business? You can never delegate responsibility and to continue to blame Bush is doing just that which makes Obama a failure.

    Are you really trying to make the arguement that Obama killed our AAA credit rating? Wow, I cant believe you are in this much denial. Obama inherited a country with a failed economy, courtesy of President Bush. The AAA credit rating was downgraded because of what bush started, along with the Republicans un-willingness to reach a REAL DEAL with the President. Obama gave your party 90% of everything it wanted, but once again, your party was willing to tank the economy to protect the rich. Everyone in America knows we are in the mess because of Bush. You can defend that sad excuse of leadership all you want, but your denial and lack of ability to accept truth blinds you from being a credible voter. The Republican party destroyed this country in 8 years. Obama will get this country turned around, that is, as soon as Americans kick the GOP cancer out of congress and actually allow The President Of The United States to govern. The GOP is like a bunch of chilidren that didnt get what they wanted for their birthday. They cry, kick, and scream until they get what they want.

    Bush took a 200 billion dollar surplus and turned our countries economy into a dollar general when he left office. Sometimes I wonder if the GOP didnt fraud their way into winning that election, if Al gore would have lead this country somewhere of value, something the GOP has NEVER been able to do. I am willing to bet my life we would be in a much better position, probably with a debt surplus.
    Last edited by SypherAL; 08-15-11 at 11:07 AM.

  5. #1565
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That turn around hasn't started yet and in fact is a abject failure. You've killed your argument in the first sentence, so there's no need to go further. When is the first 2 years going to start?

    Understand that I've already anticipated you making the claim that the recession technically ended in 2009, and that growth is slow and that jobs are a lagging indicator.
    Growth may be slow, but we are not going backwards. Obama is still managing to slowly grow the economy even with the GOP trying to destroy every aspect of his leadership, even if it means they have to destroy the economy to trick Americans. I believe congress has 15% approval rating as of current? correct me if im wrong? Poll after Poll shows Americans blame the GOP for our lack of ability to govern. Poll after Poll also shows Americans wanted a blanaced approach in terms a defecit agreement, something Obama tried to provide, but was denied because it would have made him look like a good negotiator. You dont fix an economic mealtdown in two years, it will begin to grow faster as soon as we get the Tea baggers and GOP out of congress and actually allow the President to begin doing his job.


    You can give 100% credit to the Republican/Tea Bagging party for our AAA downgrade. The credit rating agency even admitted this. You must match government cuts with revenue in order to make the system work, its fact, and always has been a fact. Never in the history of America have tax cuts for the wealthy done good for our nation, only bad. If the Republican party would have been willing to give the AMERICAN PEOPLE what they wanted, in the form of SOME, I repeat SOME, Tax increases on the super wealthy, Obama and Bahner would have reached a grand bargain and we would not be sitting in this mess right now. But no, thats not possible, because the GOP has to defend its employers, the SUPER rich and corporations. Your party is so going to pay for this come election time.
    Last edited by SypherAL; 08-15-11 at 11:10 AM.

  6. #1566
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    Well, considering it took 8 years for Bush to TANK this economy
    This is pure talking point pap from the left. Remember, using liberals own metrics here, Bush himself inherited a recession, then had to do something after 9/11 that caused a economic blow. With his policies, he was able to preside over a country that had under 5% unemployment for much of his Presidency. Now I am not saying that bush didn't make mistakes with the economy, however to characterize his entire two terms as a steady tanking of this nations economy is not truthful, nor is it something I would expect a supposed "independent" to say.

    It will probably take around 16 according to credible experts (economists) predictions.
    This is a weak attempt at the "infallible argument" fallacy. Whom are these "credible experts" you cite, expecting to not have anyone question this? Krugman? Kenesyans? The policies of the current administration are a failure. That is clear.

    Bush only gets blamed because credit is due to whom deserves it.
    For some things you have a valid argument, however all I see so far is broad generalization, and deflection of any responsibility for the current administration, much like an Obama apologist.

    You can brush all the blame off to Obama you want but the facts show we are in this economic disaster because bush policies, not Obamas.
    I am not saying that it is entirely Obama's fault, you are posing that strawman argument. And note, you chastise me for what you think is unfair, while doing it yourself. Typical Allensky tactic. You need to change your lean, we have enough dishonest posers already. Not saying you are one of them.....Yet.

    The wars, rich tax cuts and fraudulant loop holes are the ONLY reason we are in this mess today.
    The wars cost pale in comparison to the spending on steroids that demo's have done since '06. Oh, and BTW, You do realize that congress authorizes spending, and demo's are on record supporting these ventures right?

    Tax cuts for the rich. Please be specific...What tax cuts are you saying caused this mess? Do you have specifics? Or just liberal pablum that really is dishonest, and means nothing?

    Fraudulent loopholes. Again, specify please. The current tax code is replete with loopholes. The current tax code is 71,684 pages long. Why? Why does America need a code that no one understands?

    You Republicans want to take away Obamas blank check now, but I didnt see any arguments 8 years ago when GOVERNMENT SPENDING was funding wars with the money we didnt have and the debt ceiling was raised 4+ times.
    Childish argument...So what you are saying here is that since previous Presidents were complicit in the debt reaching the level it is today, then it is ok for Obama to do it 4 times greater than any other President in history? That is just plain void of thought what so ever.

    o basically your arguement is that government spending is ok when a republican is in office, even if it means completely tanking the economy to fuel our rich investors war machine, but if a democrat wants to use to money to simulate the economy
    Wah, wah, wah....Cry me a river....Look, Obama's stimulus was a complete failure....Remember how we were told that it just must get passed so that the unemployment rate wouldn't get above 8%? Well, where is it today? Stimulus didn't do dick!

    or provide some free healthcare for the poor
    Free? Nothing in this world is free young man. It may be without cost to the recipient, however, someone pays, and that someone is myself, and other tax payers that are tired of the recipient class thinking that they can lay claim to my hard earned money.

    You cant go as far as saying "failed Obama policies" when congress refuses to pass any legislation from Obama... even if he gives them EVERYTHING they desire, kind of like the debt ceiling deal.
    Now you are just sinking to straight demo party lies. Look, Obama had a deal that Boehner would agree to some revenue, in addition to spending cuts, and Obama blew it up the next day, by demanding more in tax hikes. That is just fact.

    he Republican controlled house has one goal in mind, and thats to make Obama fail.
    Obama is doing that all on his own.....

    They will tank the economy and starve chilidren before they give Obama an inch.
    LOL, are you for real? Chicken little would be proud.

    Americans knows this, which is why the Republican party holds 80% of the blame for our current AAA downgrade and economic problems.
    Bull....This is the Obama downgrade. Just because the liberal shills and hacks are feeding your mind with really dumb talking point crap, and lies, doesn't make one bit of it true.

    You are a perfect example of someone who votes based on feelings instead of facts. Your complete denial over bush's failed policies and leadership blinds your eyes from credible facts and a potentially credible vote.
    Now we get to personal attack. The last bastion of the liberal with no way to defend their position. I see you keep typing things like "credible facts" yet you have produced nothing but rhetoric, and platitude. Where are your facts? And by "credible vote" you mean to say liberal vote, which is just plain dumb, and bordering on the 'needs help' category.

    Im not criticizing you for being a Republican, I myself have voted Republican before, but to say Obama is responsible for our problems is a very irrelevant and feeling based statement.
    You voted Republican? I say Bull. That is a lie, and since we are on an anonymous web site, arguing our points on a message board, you can pretty much spew any BS you want and there is no way to hold you to it, but based on your words above that I have expertly picked apart you are already proven to not be of genuine intent in here, so your words mean little. As for the actions of the current administration being irrelevant to the current conditions of today, I would only ask you to read what you wrote and try again with a straight face.


    Obama will win by a landslade in '12. There is no potential GOP runner right now that has the slightest chance of beating him, besides Mitt Romney, and he is the ONLY one that has a SMALL CHANCE of beating Obama.
    This is delusional...

    Obama did not become president by luck, he is a great public speaker and has a very special ability to connect and inspire voters.
    That may have been true in '08, it won't work today....

    America sees through this lying piece of crap.

    He still holds a 90% support rating from registered democrats. The only way he loses this upcoming election is if his own party support falls.
    LOL, Lies, I invite you to keep up with the current day, and put down the news from '08....

    Current polls show that democratic support is growing, and all he needs is a small amount of independent voters to swing his way and he wins his re-election with ease.
    Wrong, check again...Here is a headline from today.....

    Gallup: Obama job rating sinks below 40% for first time

    Gallup: Obama job rating sinks below 40% for first time - latimes.com
    Wake up dude....

    He has the entire black vote
    Lie

    union voters
    Increasingly upset with him

    poor voters
    the recipient class will always buy the lies of the demo's promises. When they get some self respect they usually pull themselves out of poverty, and become conservatives.

    and the majority of hispanics.
    Also, untrue....hispanics are growing tired of being lied to by this clown.

    The GOP is doing their best effort to fool hispanic voters into thinking they are the ones looking out for their best interest, which is actually the exact opposite of truth.
    Opportunity is what the hispanic community wants, republicans offer that, demo's just give lip service.

    They want to enforce strict immigration laws on all hispanics.
    I got news for ya, legal immigrants want this too.

    Democrats will be going after alot of hispanics on this campaign which will prove to be very useful to them in the long run.
    Good luck, Obama has lied to the hispanic community, and through his AG done things that have caused more death in Mexican violence. And possibly violated the law.

    The media is just trying to make a story out of this election. They all know Obama will win and so does the GOP.
    yeah, Crissy Hissy fit Matthews thought that Wisconson recalls would turn out different also, hmmmmm, how'd that work out for ya....heh, heh....

    The GOP is saving all of their real credible candidates for the next election.
    And whom are these "credible" candidates in your eyes? My guess is RHINO scum that have some sort of wish to be liberals.

    They have publically admitted this.
    link.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Thank you TeaBaggers for tanking our country.

    Ironically you did it with a name used by a group that helped found our country.

    So United States of American... began and ended with a TEA PARTY.

  8. #1568
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Thank you TeaBaggers for tanking our country.

    Ironically you did it with a name used by a group that helped found our country.

    So United States of American... began and ended with a TEA PARTY.
    Troll reported.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1569
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    Are you really trying to make the arguement that Obama killed our AAA credit rating? Wow, I cant believe you are in this much denial. Obama inherited a country with a failed economy, courtesy of President Bush. The AAA credit rating was downgraded because of what bush started, along with the Republicans un-willingness to reach a REAL DEAL with the President. Obama gave your party 90% of everything it wanted, but once again, your party was willing to tank the economy to protect the rich. Everyone in America knows we are in the mess because of Bush. You can defend that sad excuse of leadership all you want, but your denial and lack of ability to accept truth blinds you from being a credible voter. The Republican party destroyed this country in 8 years. Obama will get this country turned around, that is, as soon as Americans kick the GOP cancer out of congress and actually allow The President Of The United States to govern. The GOP is like a bunch of chilidren that didnt get what they wanted for their birthday. They cry, kick, and scream until they get what they want.

    Bush took a 200 billion dollar surplus and turned our countries economy into a dollar general when he left office. Sometimes I wonder if the GOP didnt fraud their way into winning that election, if Al gore would have lead this country somewhere of value, something the GOP has NEVER been able to do. I am willing to bet my life we would be in a much better position, probably with a debt surplus.
    So you think the 4 trillion dollars added to the debt the past 2 1/2 years helped keep our rating?

    When are liberals going to stop posting lies about the Clinton surplus. The Treasury Dept and the debt service we pay doesn't show any surplus yet you and others continue to post that lie.

  10. #1570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Facts? Where are your facts? This isn't tanking the economy. Bea.gov, Bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury Dept disagree with you but you would rather buy op ed pieces instead of getting actual data. Then of course you give Obama a pass and believe what he says as well.

    The recession ended in June 2009. Obama inherited a AAA rating from Bush, and then went and created the following results


    The New FOX NEWS tag line: Repeat a lie enough times...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •