Page 141 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1401
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said each should be decided on their own. There is no specific number, but rather the regulation is in fact valid and needed.
    Perhaps we are making progress. What obstacles do you see in using weight or measure? Or do you prefer that an independent group assesses the real costs and real benefits and we all decide by voting?

  2. #1402
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, with no intended insult, how do you know you have it exactly right?
    the same way you know you got the sydney morning herald exactly right, silly

    LOL!

  3. #1403
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would agree to that type of concerning being addressed, but not for trying to intimidate.
    come again?

  4. #1404
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Even if I disagree with a law, I believe the government should enforce it. They put it there. Enforce it.
    Oh, I agree.


    The idea that they are "the" reason is wrong. I believe we agree that blame falls in many places.
    We do.

    Again, we agree that those who see things as only one sided are wrong.
    Yes, we do.

    I think that's only going to lead to more dissention. No, it's 45% the governments fault. No, it's only 22%. No I disagree, it's 63%
    .

    Not fault, control. If we agree that all government can do is help or hinder to a small degree, we have to look at other factors, take more of it out of the polticial releam. acknowledge that there will be ups and downs, and that people and companies and even lenders have to be responsible as well.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1405
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's an incredibily illogical leap there
    says the armchair chin stroker who asserts that presidents---OUSTIDE DIRECT HIRING---have no effect on the economy

    LOL!

  6. #1406
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Perhaps we are making progress. What obstacles do you see in using weight or measure? Or do you prefer that an independent group assesses the real costs and real benefits and we all decide by voting?
    Public safety. Financial risk to all parties. Some sense of fair play (truth in advertising for example). These things matter. As for independent, depends on what we call independent. Someone without a dog in the fight may well be a government agency. Anyone, government of not, who gets a payment from the people they are assessing likely has a dog in the fight, and would not be independent.

    It should be transparent, the reasoning clearly explained.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If we agree that all government can do is help or hinder to a small degree, we have to look at other factors, take more of it out of the polticial releam.
    sure, shirley, s&p's DOWNGRADE had nothing to do with conditions IN WASHINGTON

    LOL!

    read much?

  8. #1408
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I worry about anyone spewing Marxist nonsense,
    Let's take this one first. Do you know or do you care that Obama grew up with Marxists and Communists? Here is an excerpt from just one website:

    As we have seen in the past anyone that mentions the fact that Barack Obama has socialist policies and tendencies is vilified, called a liar, or called crazy. The fact is that Barack grew up in a Marxist household, was born to a communist mother, and a socialist father. There have been lies told about him, but the truth in many cases are scarier than the lies. Along with his own words in “Dreams from my father” there is more than enough evidence to show that Barack Obama is indeed a Marxist Socialist, with the goal of transforming America into a socialist utopia.
    Marxism, Obama and what the MSM doesn’t want you to know. | Virginia 9th Watchdog

    I could provide dozens, possibly hundreds of references. But I think you already know it and secretly even agree with me that Obama's core beliefs are anti-American, Marxist beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    but I think there are many out there who can think. But, many have read all kinds of documents and reach incorrect conclusions. This is true of intelligent well read people as well. So, with no intended insult, how do you know you have it exactly right?
    Do you believe I intend for me to be the final arbiter of what is or is not appropriate limited government? I am only half as smart as some of the people here believe themselves to be. So I will leave that specific exercise to others. But I can participate. I have read the documents themselves. I am very familiar with the broad outlines of American history. I have read many of Jefferson's papers along with Madison and George Washington, Hamilton and Tom Paine. I have read much of Montesquieu and Locke along with a bit of Rousseau.

    Do I have it right? Probably. Exactly right? That requires compromise.

    What we have done will lead to either revolution, civil war or dictatorship. We can fix this. But only if we choose to do so.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 08-14-11 at 06:58 PM.

  9. #1409
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Right, those poor creditors who ended up getting something, because of the bailout, as opposed to nothing, which is what they would have gotten without it.
    Any idea how much that fiasco cost the American taxpayer? It would have been easier to just write them a check and it would have been less expensive. You don't seem to understand that when you are talking govt. expense you are talking taxpayer expense. Find out how much GM/Chrysler ended up costing the taxpayer

  10. #1410
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Review is fine.But what will you say if after reveiw, they remain?
    If the voters decide they are willing to pay for the benefit then it is a good regulation. Periodically it should be reviewed, much like a baby's diaper, and for the same reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And as for publishing names, for what purpose? Do you suspect a conflict of interest? I would agree to that type of concerning being addressed, but not for trying to intimidate.
    Intimidation. Of course. I did say it was a page from the Left's playbook, didn't I?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •