Page 127 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1261
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I neither accept nor deny. I don't have to yet as you have done nothing more than amke an accusation. Can you do more?
    Oh sure. I could. But some things are self evident.

  2. #1262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sothose (sic) that kept that jobs due to their efforts and due to government money weren't saved?
    support your local!

    those who WEREN'T FIRED (and who didn't see their collective bargaining shredded) were protected!

    LOL!
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-14-11 at 03:50 PM.

  3. #1263
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    lowered its outlook on U.S. debt to "negative."

    That is a warning
    Not a downgrade though.


  4. #1264
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Wouldn't that be cool?
    You just don't get it, do you. You refuse to accept the documented, verified FACT that THE CLINTON BUDGET GAVE US A SURPLUS.

    I have already answered your question with my own. I shall ask it in a new form especially for you. Do you believe there is any relationship between giving an extra-constitutional agency dictatorial powers and clean air and water? I do not believe any identifiable harm would come from closing down the EPA and repealing its regulations.
    You did it! You dodged AGAIN. And your stupid question is equivalent to my asking you, When will you stop beating your wife?

    Who cares? It is not relevant to closing down the extra-constitutional departments and agencies.

    Ignore me if you wish.
    You utterly refuse to accept the fact that you blindly support one position--shutting down government agencies--without the slightest regard to the dire consequences of such situation. You are either unwilling or unable--my vote is for the former--to weigh the pros and cons of such a move. But most of all, you think this is one big joke. You have a clear disdain for the United States of America, and you'd just assume to trash it if it means advancing your political agenda. I have no patience for such extremist positions as yours. <AOL voice>Goodbye.

  5. #1265
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I cannot help that you do not recognize nor care that the one term president grew up with Marxists and Communists. I cannot help that you do not recognize that his hero figures were communists and Marxists. I cannot help that you do not recognize that a community organizer is likely to be a radical. But there it is.
    No, you can't help that I can actually think. Thank God some can, regardless of party.


    So you agree with my central point after all. Money was transferred from the productive people in the private sector to Obama supporters in public sector unions. That was pretty hard for you, wasn't it?
    No where did I even suggest that. While I wish that teachers and policemen and fire figthers were all Obama's supporters, the fact is they are not so ideologically bent. Teachers, police officers, firefighters all vote for both democrats and conservatives. Some just see their jobs as important to all of us. And tha some who do include both liberals and conservatives.

    About half of the time. How about you?
    Did you close your eyes and plug your ears while awake? You seem to have missed a lot.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1266
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Although you are wrong, What does this have to do with the subject of this thread?.
    Let's see. The government takes nearly a trillion dollars out of the economy to provide a safe haven for government workers. We don't actually have the money to do everything so in addition to the two plus trillion the taxpayers are forced to give the government borrows another 1.6 trillion, or so. The debt to GDP ratio goes to 100%. Nations that go above 80% or so, have real trouble repaying. S&P says we are likely to have trouble repaying. I agree with S&P. We are become Greece.

    Did that help?

  7. #1267
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    now, who would be so stupid as to post a link to an article he or she didn't read

    there are very few 60 second clickers who might post, for example, a link to a source from NEW SOUTH WALES

    on behalf of SCHOOL TEACHERS

    in NEW YORK CITY

    LOL!

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...uesday-26.html

    yup, those unions are doing a great job of protecting those jobs

    that's why rahm called em in and FIRED EM on the spot

    just like malloy in connecticut, which is as blue as it gets

    that's why bing and bobb are ripping up collective bargaining in detroit

    but then...



    deep thoughts

    LOL!
    Why don't you find a more relevant thread to post this stuff in? MAYBE YOU COULD CREATE ONE!!!


  8. #1268
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Phys251;1059726909]Receiving a scolding from a conservative on alleged lying is like receiving a scolding from Michael Jackson on alleged child abuse. I'm very sorry, but the mere fact that you are a conservative severely impairs your credibility in this regard. Hey, you may be one of the very few conservatives that can honestly handle these kinds of conversations well. Strictly from a statistical point-of-view, however, it isn't likely.
    Except I gave you the link to the actual data and facts. There was no surplus under Clinton as proven but liberals love to use public debt instead of total debt even though total debt is what we pay debt service on. Does it really matter if public debt has a surplus if the total debt thus debt service increases?


    P
    ot, meet kettle. Besides, I already answered this question.





    Care to explain to me what that $236.2-BILLION dollar mark means? Or at least what the colors on the chart stand for?
    Again, why would you buy politifact instead of actual Treasury data? Could it be because that is what you want to believe? Do you realize that CBOis posting public debt not total debt? Again you don't seem to know the difference just like you don't understand the difference between deficit and debt

    You are twisting and distorting the numbers to suit your agenda. And again, it's crap like that why liberals and conservatives have very little chance of having a civil debate.

    The US government is mostly bound by its deficit that it passed the prior year. (Note: I am a bit shaky in terms of the exact lag time, but I know it is on the order of a year or so.) In other words, strictly from a budgetary point-of-view, how much we spend this year was mostly determined by what we budgeted back in 2010 (I think). Which, getting back to the OP, underscores one of the many follies of the debt ceiling crisis: Raising it merely gave the Treasury permission to fund that which Congress had already agreed to. It would be like an adult having to receive permission from her husband just to pay the bills that she was contractually obligated to pay.
    Sorry, but didn't know that posting actual data was twisting and distorting numbers.

    Your understanding of the budget process is better than your understanding of the debt and deficit. The govt. uses baseline budgeting meaning that the next year's budget process starts with the baseline budget which is this years thus a 100 billion budget item this year is then the starting point for next year and a proposal of 150 billion that is reduced to 125 billion is called a cut by Congress when the reality is it is a cut in growth but no cut at all.

  9. #1269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As this would be a factual type of thing, evidence is needed.
    says the 60 second clicker who goes a thousand posts

    before finally submitting a link

    to whitehouse.gov

    LOL!

    or the sydney morning herald

  10. #1270
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Not a downgrade though.
    Both the downgrade and the statement by Moody's is a warning. Doesn't appear that Obama has heeded that warning as he has yet to submit a plan on paper to cut spending

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •