Page 123 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1221
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is a warning that we cannot continue to spend like "your" President has spent. Credit agencies were looking for over 4 trillion in spending cuts and basically got nothing other than a cut in the growth of spending. In order to cut spending we would have had to start by going back to the 2008 budget. Obama isn't serious about cutting anything and that is why he never put a proposal on paper. That way it is easier to shirk your responsibility and blame someone else.
    Bull****. It says nothing about our ability to pay our debts. BTW, it specifically called out the Republican party for not wanting to stop the Bush tax cuts.


  2. #1222
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't read too much into that. We are no more or no less likely than we were before the down grade.
    What I read into it is irrelevant. S&P read into it and their opinion and credibility that's saying the U.S. risk is higher to not pay it's debt. What this does is shine a very bright light on the underlying problem.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #1223
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly, but we've already established that no one should take this type of thinking seriously.
    And that is why you fail.

  4. #1224
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    What, the Social Security that, for all intents and purposes, does not contribute one dime to the deficit? That Social Security?



    Knock it off. You're just trolling now. Throwing around childish remarks such as these is not helping solidify your case except for those who blindly accept it. I am fully aware of the difference between the debt and the deficit: The latter is the rate at which the former grows. I am also aware of what a budget surplus is: The rate at which the debt shrinks. You know, kind of like the last one we had under A DEMOCRAT. Why is it that Republicans utterly refuse to accept the fact that Bush gave us a $1.3-trillion deficit? Did you even read my link? It is a FACT, but I realize that conservatives tend to be highly allergic to facts.
    That is a lie, it doesn't contribute to public debt but it is an obligation that contributes to intergovt. holding debt and thus is part of the total.

    Childish remarks? learn the difference between debt and deficit instead of being caught not knowing the difference and becoming defensive. Just admit it and we can move on.

    There was no surplus under Clinton as evidenced by the fact that debt increased every year under his Administration. I suggest you do better research instead of buying what you are told by someone else. That only makes you look foolish.

    Bush and Congress gave us a 5 trillion dollar debt in 8 years whereas Obama and Congress has given us a 4 trillion dollar debt in less than 3 years. Let me give you a few non partisan links.

    Debt by year

    Government - Historical Debt Outstanding Annual

    The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

    So tell me those facts again?

  5. #1225
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If I want to spend more than I presently have, I can work more to increase my revenue.
    not anymore

    One Million Applications, 62,000 Jobs Served At McDonald’s CBS Chicago

    obama's america

    seeya at the polls, progressives

  6. #1226
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It is a money laundering scheme. The taxpayers are compelled to pay. The union members get the money. They give their union dues to the union thugs, er, bosses, who, in tern provide the money back to the democratic party bosses for their re-election bids. The democrat politicians make agreements with the union thugs to provide every greater pay and benefits to public sector union members....

    What could possibly go wrong? The only people left our are the ones who actually pay the bills, the taxpayers.
    If you claim illegal actives you should note two things:

    1) Illegal means it is against the law, so we should approach it that way.

    2) You have to give some evidence to your claims and not just make accusations. As this would be a factual type of thing, evidence is needed.

    And you do know everyone gives mony to politicians, including business leaders and corporations. So you argument is that you want business leaders to have all the politician buying power? I see.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1227
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And that is why you fail.
    Your failure is mine? Don't see that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1228
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I realize this is your belief, can't argue that it isn't. However, many have raised concerns you don't seem to acknowledge. This is why conservatives also reject such a idea. Do you remember the Articles of Confederation? Care to articulate why we didn't keep that form of governace?
    Do you believe that an amendment that requires the nation to only spend what it takes in will lead to a central government so weak that we cannot defend ourselves nor make the states play nicely with one another? Is that your argument?

  9. #1229
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Bull****. It says nothing about our ability to pay our debts. BTW, it specifically called out the Republican party for not wanting to stop the Bush tax cuts.
    Prove to me that you keeping more of what you earn is an expense to the govt? Why are liberals so adicted to govt. spending and so against keeping more of what they earn? These are bureaucrats that have created a 14.5 trillion dollar debt that has yet to solve a social problem. You would think that all those trillions spent on compassion would have generated some actual compassionate results.

  10. #1230
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What I read into it is irrelevant. S&P read into it and their opinion and credibility that's saying the U.S. risk is higher to not pay it's debt. What this does is shine a very bright light on the underlying problem.
    Key word, opinion. They lack faith in us to work together, for good reason, but we haven't been working together for a sometime now. So, taking them too seriously, especially since they could be bought if we wanted to, seems rather foolish to me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •