Page 120 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1191
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You were expecting a straight answer? Dodging questions and creating strawmen is the SOP for the GOP.



    Nice strawman! Also, for your information, the net public debt-to-GDP ratio is closer to 60%. Also for your information, Mr. Obama inherited a $1.3-trillion debt from Mr. Bush. But then again, you're a conservative, so I don't expect you to let those pesky facts get in your way.
    Net public debt isn't total debt and excludes the trillions in unfunded liabiilities. Where is your SS "contribution" today?

    For your information you don't know the difference between debt and deficit. Obama inherited a 10.4 trillion dollar debt from Bush and a PROJECTED 1.3 trillion dollar deficit. Suggest you learn the difference and then realize that Bush couldn't have created a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit in less than 4 months of fiscal year 2009 since he left office in January. Apparently you are a liberal and haven't a clue what facts really are.

  2. #1192
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    True. Public sector union jobs were protected by transferring taxpayer money to them through the states. This is one more reason why public sector unions must be emasculated if not actually outlawed.
    For protecting jobs? How evil.



    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1193
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that has what to do with the U.S Credit downgrade? This country has a spending problem which you fail to recognize
    The huge debt we have today is mostly because of the financial meltdown, which S&P was complicit in creating.

    Despite the increasing use of high risk loans to support mortgage related securities,
    mortgage related securities continued to receive AAA and other investment grade ratings from
    the credit rating agencies, indicating they were judged to be safe investments. Those credit
    ratings gave a sense of security to investors and enabled investors like pension funds, insurance
    companies, university endowments, and municipalities, which were often required to hold safe
    investments, to continue to purchase mortgage related securities.


  4. #1194
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Spending and not paying for it causes debt. Yes.
    Spending always causes debt for without it there wouldn't be any debt

  5. #1195
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,746

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    tell it to the chief of staff

    "sometimes you can't defend the indefensible"

    june 16
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    quite a construct, that

    meanwhile, chief of staff daley to the potential donors: "the number of rules and regulations that come out of agencies is overwhelming...

    "but we're trying to bring some rationality to it"

    LOL!
    Is my question really so difficult to answer? Again, what your reservation is to clean air and water and to solid education?

  6. #1196
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You ignore the fact that S&P is a corrupt organisation.
    A new mantra! Om. Om. Om....not working. Darn.

  7. #1197
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The huge debt we have today is mostly because of the financial meltdown, which S&P was complicit in creating.
    What does that have to do with the statement by S&P regarding the downgrade? This country spends too much and you don't seem to have a problem with debt created by Obama

  8. #1198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does that have to do with the statement by S&P regarding the downgrade? This country spends too much and you don't seem to have a problem with debt created by Obama

    And you don't seem to have a problem with debt created by any body with an R in front of their name.

  9. #1199
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    May I ask what your reservation is to clean air and water and to solid education?
    Do you believe that it requires federal regulations for either? As people become wealthy they do a better job of cleaning of the environment. We have arrived. We don't need the federal government to burden us with thousands of pages of regulations and criminal statutes.

    The extra-constitutional Education Department does no educating. They provide parking spots for liberals and a means to funnel taxpayer money to public sector unions. Fire them all, sell the buildings. The students and the taxpayers will be far better off.

  10. #1200
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And you don't seem to have a problem with debt created by any body with an R in front of their name.
    Yes, but there is nothing we can do about the debt in the past except what you do,, whine about it. We have a chance to do something about it now and "your" President put Bush spending on steroids which you and others want to ignore and try to justify. Obama inherited a 10.4 trillion debt that is now 14.5 trillion in less than 3 years. If you have outrage about the past why no outrage now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •