Page 119 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1181
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So you don't think having major financial institutions in jeopardy could possibly effect the US's credit rating?
    Why would anyone think thay would be possible? We all no the only thing we need to know. Obama is evil.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Is that the new talking point? S&P is corrupt now. First it was the Tea Party's fault, now it's S&P's fault, it's always been the Republicans fault, and when Obama took office it was Bush's fault.

    It's always someone or something elses fault isn't it?
    Dare you to read the report.


  3. #1183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Page 26 of the report:


    Despite the increasing use of high risk loans to support mortgage related securities,
    mortgage related securities continued to receive AAA and other investment grade ratings from
    the credit rating agencies, indicating they were judged to be safe investments. Those credit
    ratings gave a sense of security to investors and enabled investors like pension funds, insurance
    companies, university endowments, and municipalities, which were often required to hold safe
    investments, to continue to purchase mortgage related securities.
    And that has what to do with the U.S Credit downgrade? This country has a spending problem which you fail to recognize

  4. #1184
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And democrats. Will you join me in calling for a balanced budget Constitutional Amendment?
    You wouldn't like the results. It would likely lead to not only to cuts YOU don't want (military), but also to tax increases. In the past, I've link this from conservartive sites that oppose such a measure.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1185
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What does you comment have anything to do with the U.S. Senate report?????????????
    You were expecting a straight answer? Dodging questions and creating strawmen is the SOP for the GOP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I wonder if you understand what having a debt 100% of our GDP means? Apparently it doesn't matter when a Democrat creates it, right?
    Nice strawman! Also, for your information, the net public debt-to-GDP ratio is closer to 60%. Also for your information, Mr. Obama inherited a $1.3-trillion debt from Mr. Bush. But then again, you're a conservative, so I don't expect you to let those pesky facts get in your way.

  6. #1186
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The credit rating was downgraded because of Congressional spending and no honest attempt to reduce it.
    That's pure BS and you of all people should know that. A credit report is based upon your ability to repay the loan.


  7. #1187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    May I ask what your reservation is to clean air and water and to solid education?
    quite a construct, that

    meanwhile, chief of staff daley to the potential donors: "the number of rules and regulations that come out of agencies is overwhelming...

    "but we're trying to bring some rationality to it"

    LOL!

  8. #1188
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Dare you to read the report.
    Dare you to take some responsibility.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #1189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We all no the only thing we need to know.
    i don't no about that

    i think maybe there are some people that don't no

    LOL!

  10. #1190
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, spending too much causes debt, govt. revenue grew after the Bush tax cuts were fully implemented just like they did when the Reagan tax cuts were fully implemented
    Spending and not paying for it causes debt. Yes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •