Page 110 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2065

Thread: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

  1. #1091
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Not from a Republican president. The so-called entitlement programs Social Security, Medicare are paid by payroll taxes. Social Security currently has a $2.6 trillion surplus in U.S. Treasury's. A Republican would give that money to the crooks on Wall Street.
    There is no money. One can't give away what's already spent.

  2. #1092
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Nah, John lost it for himself by making an irrational pick for an important post.
    You failed to answer my question.

    So you believe McCain wuold have beat Obama if not for Palin?

  3. #1093
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Depends on the area of the country, doesn't it? Seems that liberals focus on the Federal Taxes that those evil rich people pay but not the state taxes and the affects that Federal Taxes on state revenue collection. People are fleeing NY in droves so what does that do to the tax base there?


    New York state actually gained population in the last decade. They did lose about 700,000 people due to net migration, however. But the fact that California did not--look at the electoral college, they did not lose a single vote this time around--and the fact that several other states in the Northeast and the Midwest are losing population, suggests that there are far bigger factors at play here, probably the economy and the weather.

    Furthermore, your assumption that "liberals hate the rich" is a strawman. Most of us never said anything more than the fact that the rich are more easily able to support this great nation. Unless, of course, it is to cease to be great.

    I have seen a number like 700 billion over 10 years with is 70 billion a year to pay for the 1.5 trillion dollar deficit we are generating each year and not one liberal has acknowledged a downside to raising taxes with 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans. Right now 70 million Americans aren't paying any FIT, is that their fair share in your world?
    We really, really, really need to get away from looking at just the debt number itself. It is highly misleading. Of far greater importance is our Debt-to-GDP ratio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For people who think tax cuts reduce govt. revenue instead of having a spending problem, yep and that would be you and a lot of others here, not me
    Uh, am I missing something here? I learned in school that if you take a positive number and subtract another positive number from it, the result is smaller than the first number. You wanna explain to me how a-b > a when b>0?

  4. #1094
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P


  5. #1095
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Social Security currently has a $2.6 trillion surplus in U.S. Treasury's.
    My Way News - Social Security now seen to run permanent deficits

  6. #1096
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You got it all wrong, this downgrade is all on the republicans be it perry, bachman,or romney.This horse shoe will be hung around the neck of whoever wins the republican nomination.

    I really don't see how. Anyone with the slightest bit of common sense could see that it was the demos actually pushing to the brink in the attempt of promoting yet more demo failed policy of class warfare, and wealth redistribution. And now lying about the process like they lie about almost everything they do.

    The one thing Bush started for sure, and Obama has continued is to expose what utter liars liberals are. Weather they admit their affiliation or not (wink, wink)...


    J-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1097
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I really don't see how. Anyone with the slightest bit of common sense could see that it was the demos actually pushing to the brink in the attempt of promoting yet more demo failed policy of class warfare, and wealth redistribution. And now lying about the process like they lie about almost everything they do.

    The one thing Bush started for sure, and Obama has continued is to expose what utter liars liberals are. Weather they admit their affiliation or not (wink, wink)...


    J-mac
    And how absolutely redundant it is for you to say that only the liberal side lies.

    200 million dollars a day anybody?

    This downgrade was the fault of all sides including the president, S&P has clearly outlined that it was due to the political brinksmanship and the fact due to an idealogical mud slinging match congress can't even agree on what colour the sky is anymore...

    To those who say "Its the republicans fault" and those who say "Its Obama and the democrats fault" listen guys, not only is it both sides fault, but its also your own fault for supporting this kind of fractured, "compromise is unnacceptable" style of governance that has crippled your country and made you lose your AAA credit rating.

  8. #1098
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And how absolutely redundant it is for you to say that only the liberal side lies.

    200 million dollars a day anybody?

    This downgrade was the fault of all sides including the president, S&P has clearly outlined that it was due to the political brinksmanship and the fact due to an idealogical mud slinging match congress can't even agree on what colour the sky is anymore...

    To those who say "Its the republicans fault" and those who say "Its Obama and the democrats fault" listen guys, not only is it both sides fault, but its also your own fault for supporting this kind of fractured, "compromise is unnacceptable" style of governance that has crippled your country and made you lose your AAA credit rating.

    Nice try. Repubs only control 1/3 of this government. If the liberals had the answer then why not put it in place when they were running roughshot over the the repubs for the first two years of Obama? Because they were busy pushing this that's why.


    J-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1099
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nice try. Repubs only control 1/3 of this government. If the liberals had the answer then why not put it in place when they were running roughshot over the the repubs for the first two years of Obama? Because they were busy pushing this that's why.


    J-mac
    Alright alright J-mac, its all the dirty liberals fault and always will be and conservatives are always the glorious saviours and never do anything wrong and can never make any mistakes and in NO WAY WHATSOEVER contributed to the downgrade AT ALL!


  10. #1100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: United States loses its AAA Credit rating from S & P

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And how absolutely redundant it is for you to say that only the liberal side lies.

    200 million dollars a day anybody?

    This downgrade was the fault of all sides including the president, S&P has clearly outlined that it was due to the political brinksmanship and the fact due to an idealogical mud slinging match congress can't even agree on what colour the sky is anymore...

    To those who say "Its the republicans fault" and those who say "Its Obama and the democrats fault" listen guys, not only is it both sides fault, but its also your own fault for supporting this kind of fractured, "compromise is unnacceptable" style of governance that has crippled your country and made you lose your AAA credit rating.
    Why? Why is anyone holding S&P up as a legitimate arbiter of what is credit worthy?

    This is insane! They are one of the three major bad actors in creating this clusterf**k. Any legitimacy they had should be forever gone after accepting payments for rating junk mortgages as AAA.

    Your second paragraph is spot on!

    BTW, the banks that paid S&P for that bogus AAA are now pulling their money out of the markets and dumping most of it into downgraded Treasuries. Do you see a pattern here?

    Junk securities are AAA (though the banks rebundled and passed them on as quickly as possible, and bet against them) yet the constitutional mandate to recognize and pay all debts is less safe and the Bankers invest heavily...

    Do some of you start to get the idea that the instant we're told something at the top of government, the top of financial or the top of military, we should immediately assume the opposite is true?

    Hindsight bears this out far more often than not. So why is anyone on either side discussing this on any level defined by those at the top of media, gov't and finance? Are we to continue to argue passionately over red herrings only to go "DOH! Ya got me ag'in..." ten years later?

    It's time to stop divisively arguing the theater being presented to us and rip back the backdrops to expose the reality now that we usually only find out about decades later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •