Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I was actually hoping this would be enough for people to realize deciding who to blame isn't enough anymore. Guess that was pretty naive of me, yes Obama and the Congress deserve some blame for this, so do all Americans as well, after all there's a personal debt crisis still in this country and after all we elected these people. So while you may want to "throw the bums out" if people just elect new bums nothing is going to change, time to be solution driven not blame driven when it comes to our voting.
    Well what do you expect with those piddly-ass spending cuts? It makes me sick when I think of the pure coward sons of bitches we have up there, who see the sky falling yet still vote to stay elected. We have debt over our ears, and people are fighting for their freaking social security checks while the country is going financially bankrupt. The budget deal didn't do ****, as you can see by our AA-plus rating. This day was predicted long ago. The entitlements is was is ****ing this country up.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Across the board includes the military.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Across the board includes the military.
    Yeah yeah, why don't we just get rid of the military altogether, and sell our aircraft carriers. Wanna bet there aren't liberals that would do it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Across the board includes the military.
    I'm aware of this.

    However, the military is 20% of our spending, Social Spending is 55-60%. Which will have more effect on our debt?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah yeah, why don't we just get rid of the military altogether, and sell our aircraft carriers. Wanna bet there aren't liberals that would do it?
    There is a ton of waste in the military. There is no reason we shouldn't make people responsible for getting rid of this waste.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm aware of this.

    However, the military is 20% of our spending, Social Spending is 55-60%. Which will have more effect on our debt?
    The question was if the cuts should include military. I said it should include military.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating


  8. #28
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well what do you expect with those piddly-ass spending cuts? It makes me sick when I think of the pure coward sons of bitches we have up there, who see the sky falling yet still vote to stay elected. We have debt over our ears, and people are fighting for their freaking social security checks while the country is going financially bankrupt. The budget deal didn't do ****, as you can see by our AA-plus rating. This day was predicted long ago. The entitlements is was is ****ing this country up.
    You do understand that part of the reason for the downgrade is because of the clear rifts in the American political system have spilled over into this partisan bickering which lead to this deal.

    The lack of spending cuts is one thing.

    The lack of political leadership and swift prosecution of responsible fiscal policy is the other.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You do understand that part of the reason for the downgrade is because of the clear rifts in the American political system have spilled over into this partisan bickering which lead to this deal.

    The lack of spending cuts is one thing.

    The lack of political leadership and swift prosecution of responsible fiscal policy is the other.
    So in other words, the lack of the republicans to be able to get what they wanted done is the reason?

    Got it. And lovin' it, too.

  10. #30
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: S&P tells White House it will downgrade U.S. rating

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post

    All makes for a great campaign slogan but here's another question.

    How are you going to make this happen?
    Cause we are Americans and Americans can't make anything happen anymore like pass a debt ceiling agreement on time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •