Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 282

Thread: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

  1. #21
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly, imagine that spending less than the record spending that Obama has done the past two plus years. You seem to have a liberal view as to the role of the govt. How much is enough if 3.7 trillion spending a year isn't it?
    You don't have to be a liberal -- you just have to be cognizant of basic economics.

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You don't have to be a liberal -- you just have to be cognizant of basic economics.
    Who says that Keynes was right? Seems that throughout history when ever his theory is put into place it fails miserably.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    jobs won't be created as long as consumers don't buy. it's CONSUMERS who create jobs, not the wealthy. when will people wake the **** up?
    Why would consumers spend their money today, when all we get from the liar n chief is uncertainty? Oh, and you have to have something to consume don't you? Who provides, builds, invests in that? the poor?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #24
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You don't have to be a liberal -- you just have to be cognizant of basic economics.
    Please show me that you understand basic economics especially supply and demand. Why do you continue to buy what you are told by the media and this Administration never doing any research? Do you honestly believe we need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal govt funded by the taxpayers? That is record spending to generate the results we have today.

  5. #25
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please show me that you understand basic economics especially supply and demand. Why do you continue to buy what you are told by the media and this Administration never doing any research? Do you honestly believe we need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal govt funded by the taxpayers? That is record spending to generate the results we have today.
    Again, this is not complicated. Cutting spending at this point is idiotic. Unemployment is much more expensive than borrowing. For example, let's say that it costs $25 billion/yr. to service one trillion dollars in borrowing. Now let's say that you could use that trillion dollars to financy infrastructure programs that would employ 10 million people. By taking 10 million people off the unemployment roles you save roughly $250 billion/yr. You end up saving $225 billion by borrowing the money, versus not borrowing. See how it works?

  6. #26
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, this is not complicated. Cutting spending at this point is idiotic. Unemployment is much more expensive than borrowing. For example, let's say that it costs $25 billion/yr. to service one trillion dollars in borrowing. Now let's say that you could use that trillion dollars to financy infrastructure programs that would employ 10 million people. By taking 10 million people off the unemployment roles you save roughly $250 billion/yr. You end up saving $225 billion by borrowing the money, versus not borrowing. See how it works?
    Unemployment has gone up during this Administration as today there are still over 24 million unemployed or under employed Americans. All that spending has created fewer employed and greater debt so what purpose did it serve? We are spending record dollars for unemployment insurance, imagine putting that money to work into the private sector which is where the jobs will be created. You have so much faith in the Federal Govt. and the question is why? These are the people that have created the 14.5 trillion dollar debt, 4 trillion of which has been added since 2009. I learned a long time ago to trust but verify. You trust but never verify what you are being told.

  7. #27
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unemployment has gone up during this Administration as today there are still over 24 million unemployed or under employed Americans. All that spending has created fewer employed and greater debt so what purpose did it serve? We are spending record dollars for unemployment insurance, imagine putting that money to work into the private sector which is where the jobs will be created. You have so much faith in the Federal Govt. and the question is why? These are the people that have created the 14.5 trillion dollar debt, 4 trillion of which has been added since 2009. I learned a long time ago to trust but verify. You trust but never verify what you are being told.
    You aren't saying anything. If we hadn't done stimulus, instead of there being 24 million unemployed there would be 27 or 28 million unemployed. Unemployment insurance is one of the most effective ways to stimulate the economy because unemployed people tend to spend every dollar they can get. The money they spend supports private businesses. In other words, it is fed directly into the economy. Frankly, you don't seem to verify anything. You take your conservative marching orders as an article of faith without really thinking about anything.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You aren't saying anything. If we hadn't done stimulus, instead of there being 24 million unemployed there would be 27 or 28 million unemployed. Unemployment insurance is one of the most effective ways to stimulate the economy because unemployed people tend to spend every dollar they can get. The money they spend supports private businesses. In other words, it is fed directly into the economy. Frankly, you don't seem to verify anything. You take your conservative marching orders as an article of faith without really thinking about anything.
    And how do you know that? you continue to buy the rhetoric from an Administration that has yet to tell the truth but they do bs a lot. What is it about this liberal ideology that creates such loyalty? The numbers refute everything you say yet you keep falling back on the Obama rhetoric. As has been proven over time you cannot spend rhetoric, you spead real numbers. there is no proof whatsoever that things would have been worse especially the way they spent the money.

    Unemployment Plus Discouraged workers by month

    2011 14856 14693 14463 14736 14736 15069 15050

    Total U-6 unemployment 16.1% or over 24.6 million Americans
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-05-11 at 12:23 PM.

  9. #29
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And how do you know that?
    It is, again, basic economics. When you pump money into the economy it increases economic activity and supports jobs. When you pull money out of the economy it suppresses economic activity and lowers employment.

    It's sort of morbidly amusing to see all of these conservative Congressman running around their states having their pictures taken at ribbon cutting ceremonies celebrating the completion of projects that were financed with stimulus spending, all while they maintain that the stimulus has done nothing.

  10. #30
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, this is not complicated. Cutting spending at this point is idiotic. Unemployment is much more expensive than borrowing. For example, let's say that it costs $25 billion/yr. to service one trillion dollars in borrowing. Now let's say that you could use that trillion dollars to financy infrastructure programs that would employ 10 million people. By taking 10 million people off the unemployment roles you save roughly $250 billion/yr. You end up saving $225 billion by borrowing the money, versus not borrowing. See how it works?
    Conservatives don't seem to understand about supply and demand, they buy in to the idea that if you increase production that lowers the prices, that will increase demand. That's a bogus argument, because consumers need money in their pockets in order to purchase goods and services.

    We needed a bigger stimulus package focused on infrastructure programs which put people to work on projects badly needed in our country- road, bridges, schools, etc. All this would be done with privates businesses.

    Austerity programs kill jobs.


Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •