Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 282

Thread: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I don't expect COnservatives to think
    more power to you

    but some of us sure READ a lot

    LOL!

    party on

  2. #212
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No, it is not false for the last 30+ years. How about before Reagan, did you ever vote for Republicans? Or did you vote strictly Democrat back then? You're a party liner. You don't care who runs, you don't care what results they achieve, all you care about it that they are running for your political party.


    Exactly what you do. I don't expect Conservatives to think.
    I am a conservative so please tell me who a Conservative would have voted for in the last 30 years. Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama? The charges you levy at me could be used to describe you as you classify yourself as a liberal. I would expect you to vote for Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, and Obama thus the results that you ignore

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!

  3. #213
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am a conservative so please tell me who a Conservative would have voted for in the last 30 years. Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama? The charges you levy at me could be used to describe you as you classify yourself as a liberal. I would expect you to vote for Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, and Obama thus the results that you ignore

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    In 2008 Bush handed Obama the worse job loss (2,590,000) since 1945 which was 2,750,000. Even worse than Reagan's job loss in 1982 of 2,130,00. Nov. and Dec. of 2008 were 2 month where the economy lost over 500,000 jobs.

    Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009


  4. #214
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    In 2008 Bush handed Obama the worse job loss (2,590,000) since 1945 which was 2,750,000. Even worse than Reagan's job loss in 1982 of 2,130,00. Nov. and Dec. of 2008 were 2 month where the economy lost over 500,000 jobs.

    Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009
    Obama was handed an AAA credit rating as well plus an economy with a NET JOB GAIN. Fewer people are employed today than when he took office which goes against your population growth argument. Interesting how you judge Bush based upon 2008 but not Obama 2 1/2 years after he took office.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!

  5. #215
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    In 2008 Bush handed Obama the worse job loss (2,590,000) since 1945 which was 2,750,000. Even worse than Reagan's job loss in 1982 of 2,130,00. Nov. and Dec. of 2008 were 2 month where the economy lost over 500,000 jobs.

    Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009


  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I am a conservative so please tell me who a Conservative would have voted for in the last 30 years. Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama?
    All you're doing is confirming what I said ... all you care about is that a candidate put an "R" after their name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    The charges you levy at me could be used to describe you as you classify yourself as a liberal. I would expect you to vote for Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, and Obama thus the results that you ignore
    Well your expectations fall short. I didn't vote Mondale and I didn't vote for Dukakis. I didn't vote for Clinton because he was a Democrat but because I agreed with his positions. I didn't vote for Gore because he was a Democrat but because the sense I got from George Bush was that he was a drunken loser who had everything he ever got handed to him. The vote for Kerry was because my sense of Geroge Bush four years earlier proved to be dead on. Obama was the first person I ever voted for strictly because he's Liberal and even that was limited to keeping the Supreme court fair and balanced (unlike Fox News). And by the way, Obama wasn't even my first choice or even my second choice. My first choice was Hillary Clinton. When she lost, my second choice was John McCain -- until he declared that he would pick Supreme Court justices in the mold of Roberts and Alito. Up until then, I thought he was more moderate than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch!
    Why don't you just make that your tagline so you don't have to copy & paste it all the time?

  7. #217
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    All you're doing is confirming what I said ... all you care about is that a candidate put an "R" after their name.


    Well your expectations fall short. I didn't vote Mondale and I didn't vote for Dukakis. I didn't vote for Clinton because he was a Democrat but because I agreed with his positions. I didn't vote for Gore because he was a Democrat but because the sense I got from George Bush was that he was a drunken loser who had everything he ever got handed to him. The vote for Kerry was because my sense of Geroge Bush four years earlier proved to be dead on. Obama was the first person I ever voted for strictly because he's Liberal and even that was limited to keeping the Supreme court fair and balanced (unlike Fox News). And by the way, Obama wasn't even my first choice or even my second choice. My first choice was Hillary Clinton. When she lost, my second choice was John McCain -- until he declared that he would pick Supreme Court justices in the mold of Roberts and Alito. Up until then, I thought he was more moderate than that.


    Why don't you just make that your tagline so you don't have to copy & paste it all the time?
    You are the one that claimed I only voted for an individual because he had a "R" after his name which of course is false, I voted for the individual who was more conservative of the two candidates on the ballot that had a chance to win. You don't seem to be able to comprehend that concept. The candidate that happened to fit that bill happened to have a "R" after their name. In other races i.e Evan Bayh for example he was more conservative than the Republican running against him.

    As for the tagline, no need to do that because that tag line doesn't represent a response to all threads.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    All you're doing is confirming what I said ... all you care about is that a candidate put an "R" after their name.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that, right?

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama was handed an AAA credit rating as well plus an economy with a NET JOB GAIN.
    Net job gain? There was a NET LOSS of 4 million jobs in 2008. 8 million jobs lost during Bush's Great Depression. 12 million becoming underemployed during Bush's Great Depression.

    Add to that a $1.2T deficit and a $10.6T debt and a Republican party of "no" Congress who refuses to deal with Obama and a downgrade was inevitable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Fewer people are employed today than when he took office which goes against your population growth argument. Interesting how you judge Bush based upon 2008 but not Obama 2 1/2 years after he took office.
    So? Obama lost 2.3 million jobs to date. At this same point in Bush's presidency, he lost 3.2 million jobs. At this same point in Reagan's presidency, he lost 3.1 million jobs, and that was with a workforce 1/3rd smaller than today; by today's workforce, that's like 4 million.

    Yet you still voted for each of them to serve 4 more years. I have no doubt that if Obama were a Republican, you would be voting for him next year because results don't matter to you. All that matters to you is that the candidate put an "R" after their name.

  10. #220
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are the one that claimed I only voted for an individual because he had a "R" after his name which of course is false, I voted for the individual who was more conservative of the two candidates on the ballot that had a chance to win. You don't seem to be able to comprehend that concept. The candidate that happened to fit that bill happened to have a "R" after their name. In other races i.e Evan Bayh for example he was more conservative than the Republican running against him.

    As for the tagline, no need to do that because that tag line doesn't represent a response to all threads.
    In 2008 Bush handed Obama the worse job loss (2,590,000) since 1945 which was 2,750,000. Even worse than Reagan's job loss in 1982 of 2,130,00. Nov. and Dec. of 2008 were 2 straight months where the economy lost over 500,000 jobs.

    Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009


Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •