Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 282

Thread: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

  1. #151
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It means that the country is suicidal?
    It means the country spends too much money and we cannot afford a 3.7 trillion dollar govt.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    I keep hearing Obama and liberals calling for shared sacrifice but their definition of fair seems to be contrary to the dictionary or even logic and common sense. Apparently fair to a liberal means 47% of income earners paying zero in FIT and the other 53% of income earners paying it all. Is there any doubt why we have a serious problem in this country today?

    Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

    Romney nails it:

    “His failed policies have led to high unemployment, skyrocketing deficits, and now, the unprecedented loss of our nation’s prized AAA credit rating,” he said. “President Obama promised that ‘things will get better.’ But it has become increasingly clear that the only way things will get better is with new leadership in the White House.”
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1UGOjq7GQ
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-06-11 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #153
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It means the country spends too much money and we cannot afford a 3.7 trillion dollar govt.
    It means that we need to raise more revenue to support the level of government most Americans want.

  4. #154
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I keep hearing Obama and liberals calling for shared sacrifice but their definition of fair seems to be contrary to the dictionary or even logic and common sense. Apparently fair to a liberal means 47% of income earners paying zero in FIT and the other 53% of income earners paying it all. Is there any doubt why we have a serious problem in this country today?

    Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

    Romney nails it:



    Read more: GOP Presidential Contenders Pile on Obama for Historic Credit Downgrade - FoxNews.com
    Romney is proving to be as disappointing as I expected him to be. He was completely invisible during the debt ceiling debate, refusing to take any position on the matter. Then, of course, as soon as a deal was reached he jumped on it, blaming Obama for the way it turned out. Showing some real leadership qualities, there.

  5. #155
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,480

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It means that we need to raise more revenue to support the level of government most Americans want.
    If most Americans wanted that level of government, you would be correct. The best way to raise revenue, would be to get out of the private sector's way and let them make more money ergo raise more revenue.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It means that we need to raise more revenue to support the level of government most Americans want.
    Most Americans? Do you speak for most Americans? We only need more revenue if you believe we need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Govt. which it sounds like you do. Get back to me with what you believe the role of the states is if you believe in a strong central govt. that has just created debt equal to our current yearly GDP.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Romney is proving to be as disappointing as I expected him to be. He was completely invisible during the debt ceiling debate, refusing to take any position on the matter. Then, of course, as soon as a deal was reached he jumped on it, blaming Obama for the way it turned out. Showing some real leadership qualities, there.
    As he should be, that is good political posturning. As for blaming Obama, who do you blame? Let me guess, the tea party and GW Bush? Since Democrats took control of the Congress and the WH over 4 trillion has been added to the debt. You apparently believe in more spending, I don't. That never was the role of the govt. and the American people spoke in Nov. so apparently you don't speak for most Americans.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If most Americans wanted that level of government, you would be correct. The best way to raise revenue, would be to get out of the private sector's way and let them make more money ergo raise more revenue.
    Liberals don't understand the concept. Higher revenue and higher GDP means more tax revenue for the govt. Simple concept but apparently not for some.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    Yes, it was Q3 2008. Perhaps you should be looking at REAL GDP....?

    GDP-Real (Adjusted) United States
    Ummm, just so ya know ... you're telling that to someone who selectively switches between nominal figures and real figures depending on which set of numbers work better for his argument.

  10. #160
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Most Americans? Do you speak for most Americans? We only need more revenue if you believe we need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Govt. which it sounds like you do. Get back to me with what you believe the role of the states is if you believe in a strong central govt. that has just created debt equal to our current yearly GDP.
    No, I don't speak for most Americans. But polls give us a pretty good indication what most Americans want, and time and time again they show that large majorities are pretty happy with Social Security and Medicare the way they are. And unless we make significant cuts to Social Security and Medicare, we will have to raise more revenue. Simple arithmetic.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •