Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 282

Thread: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

  1. #111
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A lot of times the parties do great things when they work together... it's difficult to give any one party full credit for anything that goes great or horrible, because the three branches are not usually controlled by one party. As long as you keep pretending one party is all good and the other is all bad, nothing will get done. Your side will just clamor to claim responsibility for the good stuff, and pin all the bad stuff on dems. I am smarter than that. It doesn't always work that way... You aren't smart enough or independent minded enough to know that yourself.
    We are smart enough to see that what has been put out there for the past three years is not working....Things are getting worse.

    If the US is to be a powerhouse again, we need real leadership, we have none of that now in either party.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #112
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    This country has massive problems that need addressed. I simply want those issues addressed and addressed practically... addressed at all. If any party has the ****ing guts to end the partisan squabble and take action for me, I'll stand with that party. I am an American before I am a republican, a democrat, or anything else.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A lot of times the parties do great things when they work together... it's difficult to give any one party full credit for anything that goes great or horrible, because the three branches are not usually controlled by one party. As long as you keep pretending one party is all good and the other is all bad, nothing will get done. Your side will just clamor to claim responsibility for the good stuff, and pin all the bad stuff on dems. I am smarter than that. It doesn't always work that way... You aren't smart enough or independent minded enough to know that yourself.
    The problem is most of the results we are seeing today were generated by one party rule. Democrats controlled the legislative process and purse strings since January 2007. Now they control two parts of the govt. and has rejected GOP budgets and legislation. I am still waiting for those good results from you that you claim I should give liberals credit for.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    This country has massive problems that need addressed. I simply want those issues addressed and addressed practically... addressed at all. If any party has the ****ing guts to end the partisan squabble and take action for me, I'll stand with that party. I am an American before I am a republican, a democrat, or anything else.
    How does the country get better by promoting class warfare in demonizing individual wealth creation?

  5. #115
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The problem is most of the results we are seeing today were generated by one party rule. Democrats controlled the legislative process and purse strings since January 2007. Now they control two parts of the govt. and has rejected GOP budgets and legislation. I am still waiting for those good results from you that you claim I should give liberals credit for.
    And the GOP had full control of this country for much longer.... The GOP still has a lot of weight to throw around with Boehner and the TP. Don't try to pretend otherwise.

  6. #116
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    And the GOP had full control of this country for much longer.... The GOP still has a lot of weight to throw around with Boehner and the TP. Don't try to pretend otherwise.
    Not nearly enough...One half of one third of government is really irrelevant. The current crop of demo's see to that everyday with their allies in the MSM.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #117
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    And the GOP had full control of this country for much longer.... The GOP still has a lot of weight to throw around with Boehner and the TP. Don't try to pretend otherwise.
    That simply isn't true, we had a divided govt. from 2001-2001 and again in 2007-2008 and even when the GOP had control it was never by the numbers that Democrats had from 2007-2010. GOP is exercising the control of the House it was given in the 2010 elections when it was charged with cutting spending.

    How do you justify spending 3.7 trillion dollars a year and generating the results we are seeing today. The last Bush budget not influenced by TARP or the Stimulus was 3 trillion dollars. 3.7 Trillion dollars a year is outrageous.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The problem is most of the results we are seeing today were generated by one party rule. Democrats controlled the legislative process and purse strings since January 2007. Now they control two parts of the govt. and has rejected GOP budgets and legislation. I am still waiting for those good results from you that you claim I should give liberals credit for.
    No, the problems have been created in a very bi-partisan manner.

  9. #119
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    If Romeny gets elected and a second recession is in full swing, he will probably do another stimulus and invest in infrastructure... ya know, all that **** Obama proposed doing before. If it has to be done, he will do it. He knows more about economics than most people in the TP do right now, and I doubt he would waste time. The only difference will be when Romney does, the GOP won't throw as big of a fit cause that's how DC works. Obama isn't an effective leader in many ways. IDK if Romney is, but the GOP has shown in the past that they'll throw away their hardline stances, even give somebody a pass on saying the constitution is just a piece of paper, if it's fellow GOPer in the White House.

  10. #120
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Worst day since 2008 financial crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From what your own site seems to show is at best a flat line....You think that is good?

    j-mac
    I didn't say it was good or bad. He asked when the recession started, implying, I guess, that there was never a recession because of the unadjusted GDP numbers.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •