Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

  1. #21
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    My point is that you haven't shown that at all. In your argument you assumed that there had to be compromise if one party didn't have a super majority in the Senate, which was never the case ... until the new breed of republicans hijacked the Senate rules.
    I guess factual history doesn't prove anything to you. That's fine.... you're in good company with lots of people who are also in denial.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #22
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I guess factual history doesn't prove anything to you. That's fine.... you're in good company with lots of people who are also in denial.
    I am always interested in factual history. As soon as you provide one, not assuming that a super majority was required to force compromise, I will have happy to accept it.

  3. #23
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I am always interested in factual history. As soon as you provide one, not assuming that a super majority was required to force compromise, I will have happy to accept it.

    Post #15.

    Directions: Read. Repeat until it sinks in.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #24
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    From post #15: "Senate filibuster proof majority since 1975 is 60, the house has no such "filibuster proof" number. 2001-2003 Congress was split, 2003-2006 was Republican, 2007-2010 was Democrat. NONE of those Senates a filibuster proof majority to pass whatever they wanted and ALL needed the other party to "compromise". The facts do not support your view."

    FAIL

  5. #25
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    From post #15: "Senate filibuster proof majority since 1975 is 60, the house has no such "filibuster proof" number. 2001-2003 Congress was split, 2003-2006 was Republican, 2007-2010 was Democrat. NONE of those Senates a filibuster proof majority to pass whatever they wanted and ALL needed the other party to "compromise". The facts do not support your view."

    FAIL
    Because you say so?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #26
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Because you said so.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Great Mr. V, tell me how much money President George W. Bush stole from Americans in terms of social security to buy down debt in his 8 years in office? Hmmm? Have to look that up? I'll wait.
    One really must wonder how that is relevant. Red herring, anyone?

  8. #28
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    One really must wonder how that is relevant. Red herring, anyone?
    Right, it's only relevant if you're talking about Clinton.

  9. #29
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Because you said so.
    Nope, because I linked to the facts that said so. You're not entitled to your own facts and what I posted were facts... you claiming they are not doesn't change anything...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #30
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Nope, because I linked to the facts that said so. You're not entitled to your own facts and what I posted were facts... you claiming they are not doesn't change anything...
    Okay, my last post in this silly argument: you assumed that in the past a party needed a super majority or it could not pass legislation. That is incorrect. Until very recently the vast majority of bills passed with a simple majority.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •