Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 215

Thread: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    My friend we wouldn't be in the wars we are in now if we had not invaded foreign lands. It's amazing how much peace you can have as a nation when you leave other people the **** alone. No empire, fewer wars.
    Tell me exactly what country we were invading on Sept, 11 2001?

  2. #182
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Tell me exactly what country we were invading on Sept, 11 2001?
    Well, the fact is the U.S. wasn't invading any country on Sept. 11, 2001.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #183
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then explain how you justify the US going to war against a country that was of no threat to us?
    Well...you see there are these guys...they call them rebels, but no one really knows who they are affiliated with and how...and they are trying to overthrow the president of their country...and then the president of their country fired back,,,and OUR president says it is not something we as a nation can sit back and watch...and that we MUST intervene-its our national character. Except...not in Syria...where...you know...tons MORE people are dying.

  4. #184
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Well...you see there are these guys...they call them rebels, but no one really knows who they are affiliated with and how...and they are trying to overthrow the president of their country...and then the president of their country fired back,,,and OUR president says it is not something we as a nation can sit back and watch...and that we MUST intervene-its our national character. Except...not in Syria...where...you know...tons MORE people are dying.
    Which is what my post in this thread is all about:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...akia-port.html
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #185
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Tell me exactly what country we were invading on Sept, 11 2001?
    Normandy! The Muslims are still made about Operation Overlord.

  6. #186
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then explain how you justify the US going to war against a country that was of no threat to us?
    You must be mad as hell about the war in Libya.

  7. #187
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Well, the fact is the U.S. wasn't invading any country on Sept. 11, 2001.
    We already had plans and measures in place to invade Iraq - Sep 11 just happened to be a convenient means of gaining national support for what would have otherwise been unsupported - or even uneventful.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #188
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    History has proven that the best defense, is to attack. A defensive grand strategy has never worked.
    Like the Maginot Line when the Germans just went around it?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #189
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    We already had plans and measures in place to invade Iraq - Sep 11 just happened to be a convenient means of gaining national support for what would have otherwise been unsupported - or even uneventful.
    But, we hadn't invaded, right?

    Hell, we have a plan to invade Canada and Mexico, but that doesn't mean we're going to do it.

  10. #190
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Like the Maginot Line when the Germans just went around it?
    Exacta-mundo!

    And the defensive strategy used by Poland, Denmark and Norway.

    If the nations of Europe would have sunk more money into offensive capabilities, WW2 might have only lasted a few months.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •