Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 215

Thread: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Alright, explain the threat to the US that convinced you and the majority of Republicans, to wage war on Iraq?
    No. I am not going to play your petty, silly game. Play it with someone else.

  2. #162
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    No. I am not going to play your petty, silly game. Play it with someone else.

    Fine, you have no justification for the war against Iraq. Just as I thought!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #163
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersfan314 View Post
    Its upsetting to me that Americans talk to each other with such disrespect. Having respect for on another is just as important as having the facts. Without respect and cooperation we can't act together on those facts and fix our problems. Our political system is based on compromise and cooperation. Look at how the greatest document ever, the Constitution was written with many cooperation and compromises, 3/5th, Connecticut Compromise, even the Bill of Rights.
    We live in a world now as to where folks simply wish to one up each other and all the while? The folks that need jobs and healthcare have to suffer cause some folks on the Hill cannot get a grip and act like adults!
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Fine, you have no justification for the war against Iraq. Just as I thought!
    I am not going to play your petty, silly games. That's all. You go on believing whatever happy nonsense you want to believe. It matters little.

  5. #165
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I am not going to play your petty, silly games. That's all. You go on believing whatever happy nonsense you want to believe. It matters little.
    Of course, there is no way to justify the war against Iraq, perfectly understandable.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Alright, explain the threat to the US that convinced you and the majority of Republicans, to wage war on Iraq?
    Bit of a cop-out. The vote was truely bi-partisan. 81 Dems voted for the action in the House 296-133. In the Senate, also bi-partisan. 77-23.

  7. #167
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Bit of a cop-out. The vote was truely bi-partisan. 81 Dems voted for the action in the House 296-133. In the Senate, also bi-partisan. 77-23.


    Hardly, it is the verifiable truth! Despite your attempt at spin, the fact remains what I stated, that a majority of Democrats voted against the war, vs a near unanimous majority of Republicans that voted for the war:

    147 Congressional Democrats voted against the war vs 110 that voted for it (a majority by anyone's count), and that 296 Congressional Republicans voted for the war and only 7 voted against it.

    This can easily be verified by anyone looking at the roll call votes:
    Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Hardly, it is the verifiable truth! Despite your attempt at spin, the fact remains what I stated, that a majority of Democrats voted against the war, vs a near unanimous majority of Republicans that voted for the war:

    147 Congressional Democrats voted against the war vs 110 that voted for it (a majority by anyone's count), and that 296 Congressional Republicans voted for the war and only 7 voted against it.

    This can easily be verified by anyone looking at the roll call votes:
    Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It was bi-partisan. Exactly what people are calling for today.

  9. #169
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    It was bi-partisan. Exactly what people are calling for today.
    A majority of Democrats voted against the war. Without the Republicans vote for it, we would never have invaded Iraq. Let them pay for it!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ‘Pentagon’s Worst Nightmare’

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    A majority of Democrats voted against the war. Without the Republicans vote for it, we would never have invaded Iraq. Let them pay for it!
    Obama could have ended it long ago.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •