Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 255

Thread: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

  1. #131
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    july 29: GDP grows slender 1.3% in second quarter - Economic Report - MarketWatch

    sub headline: "economic growth for first quarter revised down to 0.4%"

    Massive fail

    Read the article. He was talking about quarter one! Your article adresses quarter 2...
    First-quarter U.S. economic growth slows to 1.8% - Economic Report - MarketWatch


    First-quarter U.S. economic growth slows to 1.8%


  2. #132
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post

    Massive fail

    Read the article. He was talking about quarter one! Your article adresses quarter 2...
    First-quarter U.S. economic growth slows to 1.8% - Economic Report - MarketWatch


    First-quarter U.S. economic growth slows to 1.8%
    Apparently this is the way Socialists do research



    April 28, 2011, 10:29 a.m. EDT

    First-quarter U.S. economic growth slows to 1.8%
    That was a prelimary report that was revised down to .4%, bea.gov. Doesn't do much for your credibility.

    http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nati...ewsrelease.htm
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-02-11 at 11:16 PM.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Never said i wanted to "model myself after", thanks for putting words in my mouth....
    I choose to learn from their success's.
    I choose to learn by leaders, intellectuals, etc.


    Well when you have a country thats not trying to keep open hundreds of military bases around the world, giving hand outs to other countries (Ex. Israel), you can implement a extreme progressive taxation.


    What implement progressive taxation or socialism?
    I think he believe the rich should have a higher tax rate sure.
    But is he trying to implement socialism? No. When has he ever tried or even said anything about the workers TAKING CONTROL OF THE WORKPLACE?



    What world to you live in!?!?
    Are you serious!?


    Well im guessing sense OBama wanted to raise the debt ceiling that makes him a socialist right? Is this seriously your definition of socialism!? Well if it is i guess that makes republicans socialists too!!!!

    Open a book? Check in to reality. Maybe try to find out what socialism is before you go on your babbaling "anything to the left of me is a socialist" bull****...
    Thanks for the good laugh tonight, "their successes?" Now that is really funny. Not a lot of credibility here

  4. #134
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    The premise of the original article is silly. $1.7 billion is precisely 0.1% of the FY 2011 US federal budget deficit. What a farce. Get worried about the other 99.9%.
    Last edited by nijato; 08-03-11 at 12:14 AM.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Your article adresses quarter 2
    my article?

    LOL!

    "my" article addresses both q's 1 and 2

    Gross domestic product expanded at a paltry 1.3% annual rate in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said Friday, below the 1.6% growth rate that economists anticipated.

    But it was a drastic downward revision to first-quarter GDP growth that stole the show — and set economists on edge.

    The new data on the inflation- and seasonally-adjusted value of all goods and services produced in the United States showed the economy barely grew at all in the January-through-March quarter, rising just 0.4% as opposed to the initially reported 1.9% improvement.
    wsj above

  6. #136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    my article?

    LOL!

    "my" article addresses both q's 1 and 2



    wsj above
    Guess Socialists cannot admit when they are wrong either.

  7. #137
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    The premise of the original article is silly. $1.7 billion is precisely 0.1% of the FY 2011 US federal budget deficit. What a farce. Get worried about the other 99.9%.
    Right, as the saying goes, "a billion here, a billion there ... pretty soon you're talking about real money."

  8. #138
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Conservatives don't care about the cost as long as it serves their political goals, in my opinion.

    Debt ceiling cost: $1.7 billion for Treasury bills - Aug. 1, 2011
    Reminds of when they paid somebody thousands of dollars an hour do defend DOMA... ****ing idiots

  9. #139
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You've got to be joking, right? The Republican position in this "democratic" process was that we, the minority, must get 100% of what we want and you, the majority, must get 0% of what YOU want or we are going to destroy the fu**ing economy!

    Hey look, even more deficit reduction from those teabagger deficit hawks!

    "WASHINGTON -- The congressional standoff that has partially shut down the Federal Aviation Administration has some curious math.

    Lawmakers risk losing more than $1 billion in revenue from uncollected airline ticket taxes in a quarrel between Senate Democrats and House Republicans who are demanding a $16.5 million cut in rural air service subsidies.

    The shutdown is less than two weeks old and already the government has lost more than $250 million in revenue because airlines' authority to collect ticket taxes has expired. The entire annual budget of the rural air services program is about $200 million."

    Ah, but conservatives would tell us that those taxes are just passed on to consumers, so we're really benefitting from the non-collection of taxes ... right?

    Err, wrong. With one or two exceptions, the airlines are simply pocketing the money they would have paid in taxes.
    Well a bunch of Republicans won the midterm, they kept arguing that Obama should do everything they wanted and get all their demands. Well that was BS, because in reality, nobody wants to take responsibility for what is passed. Nobody wants to be the fall guy, so all them pass the buck to the other party and drag their feet. Congress's approval rating is only 14 percent right now.

  10. #140
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Debt ceiling cost to taxpayers: $1.7 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Uhh... you're angry over this $1.7 billion?

    Congress could have carried on for 54 years at that rate and still wouldn't have spent as much as this increase "to get us through 2012."

    Spare us the fake outrage.
    I think the point is they could have got something done sooner and more effectively, and they could have also saved the tax payers money and got the same ****ty joke of a bill through. They all did the job half assed and dragged their ****ing feet the entire time. I want my government to do better than this, this is pathetic.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •