Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 480

Thread: Breaking: Agreement has been reached on raising the debt limit....

  1. #301
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Translation: I have no substantive response.
    Why do you buy what any politicians tells you? Learned a long time ago to "Trust but verify" and I haven't seen you verify anything. Name for me any country in the world where the single payer system is working? What were those 4 trillion in spending cuts that Obama said he approved of? Larger Stimulus for what? How did he use the current stimulus? Raising taxes on the rich? Why? What is the rich fair share that I keep hearing about and why isn't paying zero in FIT be of concern to you?

  2. #302
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I find it amusing that Conservative uses the thread topic like a condom to protect himself from losing an argument.

    You don't find that funny?
    He laid out the facts for you in that post and you laugh at it, yet I am sure if pressed you'd see yourself as a champion of the less privileged no? How can you laugh when your choice for President is making things in this country worse for them? Is it that you really just don't give a crap about their struggle and see them as little more than a useful tool?

    I think that is how many so called "progressive" liberals really see the poor.

    Look, it is clear that Obama has made by every measure our economy, and the standing of this country worse off, and has broken everything he spewed in the campaign. In fact, instead of having transparent government working for the people, we get crisis after crisis, and back room closed door deals that seem to do more damage, and all the while all liberals can do is continue to blame Bush, or laugh...This is sad.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course he led. The two sides reached an agreement, didn't they? Conservatives can't have it both ways. While the two sides are a chasm apart, Conservatives attack Obama saying a real leader would have been able to bring the two sides together. Well, Obama did that and they reached an agreement. Y'all can't attack his leadership abilities for accomplishing what you were attacking his leadership abilities for.
    The only 'leadership' The Obama displayed here was to get His party to cave.

  4. #304
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course he led. The two sides reached an agreement, didn't they? Conservatives can't have it both ways. While the two sides are a chasm apart, Conservatives attack Obama saying a real leader would have been able to bring the two sides together. Well, Obama did that and they reached an agreement. Y'all can't attack his leadership abilities for accomplishing what you were attacking his leadership abilities for.

    :
    I give more credit to Harry Reid than I do Obama....Barry was late to the game, and to this date hasn't put forth his own plan...How is that leadership...He is a rank amature trying to bluff his way through, and it is catching up with him...If it weren't for Reid, McConnell, Bohenner bringing this along we'd still be stuck in Obama's name calling class warfare speech tour.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #305
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why do you buy what any politicians tells you? Learned a long time ago to "Trust but verify" and I haven't seen you verify anything. Name for me any country in the world where the single payer system is working? What were those 4 trillion in spending cuts that Obama said he approved of? Larger Stimulus for what? How did he use the current stimulus? Raising taxes on the rich? Why? What is the rich fair share that I keep hearing about and why isn't paying zero in FIT be of concern to you?
    I'm pretty sure I've already named about 10 countries with nationalized health care that deliver an equivalent level of care at about half the cost of our system.

    I didn't say that Obama proposed $4 trillion spending cuts. I said he proposed $4 trillion in deficit reduction. Contrary to what republicans seem to believe, these are not syonymous. I can't tell you the details of what Obama and Boehner discussed in private, but I did not hear Boehner disclaiming the numbers. What he objected to was the revenue component.

  6. #306
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    The only 'leadership' The Obama displayed here was to get His party to cave.

    And I think that was more Reid than Obama....Barry is cowering in a corner somewhere being told what to say, do, and think....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #307
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've already named about 10 countries with nationalized health care that deliver an equivalent level of care at about half the cost of our system.

    I didn't say that Obama proposed $4 trillion spending cuts. I said he proposed $4 trillion in deficit reduction. Contrary to what republicans seem to believe, these are not syonymous. I can't tell you the details of what Obama and Boehner discussed in private, but I did not hear Boehner disclaiming the numbers. What he objected to was the revenue component.

    Can you show me a country with socialized health care that is not only on par with America, but puts forth the innovation in pharma, and med procedures that this country does?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #308
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And I think that was more Reid than Obama....Barry is cowering in a corner somewhere being told what to say, do, and think....


    j-mac
    Yeah, it's really Dick Cheney running the show.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    AdamT;1059703923]I'm pretty sure I've already named about 10 countries with nationalized health care that deliver an equivalent level of care at about half the cost of our system.
    And you know this how? Have you been paying attention to what is going on in Europe? The countries there are imploding and costs are out of control. Britain and France are trying to dismantle the single payer system as costs aren't contained and continue to rise. You continue to buy what you are told

    I didn't say that Obama proposed $4 trillion spending cuts. I said he proposed $4 trillion in deficit reduction. Contrary to what republicans seem to believe, these are not syonymous. I can't tell you the details of what Obama and Boehner discussed in private, but I did not hear Boehner disclaiming the numbers. What he objected to was the revenue component.
    There never has been an Obama plan, he is leaderless. His so called 4 trillion in spending cuts were smoke and mirrors with no specific plan. Raising the taxes on the rich do nothing to lower the deficit. If you are concerned about revenue go get some from the 47% of the income earners that aren't paying anything in FIT or put 24 plus million unemployed or under employed people back to work. What do you think they are paying in FIT?

  10. #310
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama: We have a deal

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Can you show me a country with socialized health care that is not only on par with America, but puts forth the innovation in pharma, and med procedures that this country does?


    j-mac
    There's no question America takes the leading role in innovation, although most of that is being done at the university level -- not by big pharma. But if you want to ride the big pharma pony, many of them are European companies.

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •