Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 165

Thread: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

  1. #11
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    that book explains exeactly what is going on. This crisis is nothing but a show
    bingo!!!!!










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #12
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersfan314 View Post
    The horrible thing is, the worst time to cut spending is during a recession.
    that is incorrect. during a recession is the best time to reduce the drag of government.

  3. #13
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    bingo!!!!!
    The purpose of the show is for both sides to show that they're fighting for us, while both sides work together to screw us royally.

    It's for our own good
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #14
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is incorrect. during a recession is the best time to reduce the drag of government.
    Is that why reagan and ghwb both raised taxes during a recession?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, I hope you didn't expect them to talk about it when there was a republican in the white house
    of course we were. that's why George Bush tried to fix Social Security. only to be abandoned by Republicans and hounded by infuriated Democrats.

  6. #16
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    of course we were. that's why George Bush tried to fix Social Security. only to be abandoned by Republicans and hounded by infuriated Democrats.
    Umm, SS reduces the deficit and the debt.

    rightwingers keep quiet about spending and debt when there's a republican in the white house because they LOVE spending and debt, as long as they're the ones doing the spending and racking up the debt
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #17
    Student Flyersfan314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-12 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    232

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    cpwill you are wrong. The government needs to spend money, no one else is doing it. You want to cut spending not because of economic factors but because it furthers your social agenda of less government, the economy be damned. We are a consumer economy, we don't produce enough, if someone doesn't spend the economy will never recover, it will just keep getting worst.

  8. #18
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    We don't have the money, the power nor the consensus. That is by design, believe it or not. I do hope we can find a way out, but it isn't looking too good. Politics aside, the money and the power are held by a very small number of Americans. They have nothing to lose and much to gain if the nation goes into default. In fact, after a brief period of suckage they have a lot to gain.
    There is no design - that's the great fault of the ssytem. So unregulated and so 'free' that it folds in on itself like a cold-nipped rising yorkshire pudding in the oven.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #19
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Is that why reagan and ghwb both raised taxes during a recession?
    both men made the same error, and trusted Congressional Democrats to actually make good on their promises to cut spending in proportion to the tax increases. Both got hoodwinked because no, when they pretty promise that this time they really mean to stop spending, they aren't trustworthy.

  10. #20
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Debt Crisis is Worse than we Think

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Umm, SS reduces the deficit and the debt.
    this is incorrect. SS Started running a deficit in 2010, and the CBO says it will continue to do so every year from here on out.

    rightwingers keep quiet about spending and debt when there's a republican in the white house because they LOVE spending and debt, as long as they're the ones doing the spending and racking up the debt
    you'll get no arguments from me that Republicans screwed the pooch. but that doesn't excuse Democrats cutting said pooch's head off.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •