Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 161

Thread: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

  1. #61
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I think they've earned the right to healthcare. I don't care if it wasn't from what they did on 9/11, their heroism on that day was extraordinary, and the country owes them dignity, and respect. They should not have to wither, and die, from a lack of healthcare.
    Amen! Amen!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Your entire political philosophy is a logical fallacy
    Nice, you aren't really attacking my position, you're attacking me in a round robin type way.




    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    In your own post, you said said "could" and said nothing about "is"
    I know that.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #63
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Veteran's have been hearing that same lame ass argument about Agent Orange and Gulf War Syndrome and PTSD.

    Harry, EPA Administrator Whitman was determined by a federal judge to have lied about the air quality following 9/11. "By these actions," Judge [Deborah] Batts wrote, Mrs. Whitman "increased, and may have in fact created, the danger" to people living and working near the trade center.

    So later we find that Christie Whitman, playing the role of GOP political prostitute, lies to the nation and the people of New York on behalf of the George W. Bush Administration and assures the people of Manhattan and the 9/11 workers that the air is safe AND YOU HARRY SAY "**** THOSE PEOPLE FOR EXPECTING ANYTHING FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT LIED TO THEM". Beautiful, just beautiful.
    Always protecting the bottomline and not the people sent into harms way. This is what is so infuriating (emotional response).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I think they've earned the right to healthcare. I don't care if it wasn't from what they did on 9/11, their heroism on that day was extraordinary, and the country owes them dignity, and respect. They should not have to wither, and die, from a lack of healthcare.
    They are already compensated partially (they do earn wages and retirement benefits as well) with medical care.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #65
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Veteran's have been hearing that same lame ass argument about Agent Orange and Gulf War Syndrome and PTSD.

    Harry, EPA Administrator Whitman was determined by a federal judge to have lied about the air quality following 9/11. "By these actions," Judge [Deborah] Batts wrote, Mrs. Whitman "increased, and may have in fact created, the danger" to people living and working near the trade center.

    So later we find that Christie Whitman, playing the role of GOP political prostitute, lies to the nation and the people of New York on behalf of the George W. Bush Administration and assures the people of Manhattan and the 9/11 workers that the air is safe AND YOU HARRY SAY "**** THOSE PEOPLE FOR EXPECTING ANYTHING FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT LIED TO THEM". Beautiful, just beautiful.
    Potential carcinogens from WTC fallout ≠ Agent Orange, GWS or PSTD
    They are not equivocal.

    Besides the point that they already have medical coverage.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like fire fighters and police officers and first responders?
    ask mayor bing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Personally I prefer Detroit's choice to Milwaukee's
    Police, fire cuts remain as Detroit City Council prepares to return budget to Mayor Dave Bing | MLive.com

    facts are formidable foes

  7. #67
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    When they are germane.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #68
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    [QUOTE=Harry Guerrilla;1059697669]Nice, you aren't really attacking my position, you're attacking me in a round robin type way.

    Nope, it goes to what you said.


    I know that.
    And yet, you changed your argument without admitting you were wrong.

    Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #69
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    They are already compensated partially (they do earn wages and retirement benefits as well) with medical care.
    Now it's time for them to be fully compensated. Anything less is theft, which you claim to oppose

    Libertarians like you are only opposed to some frauds
    Last edited by sangha; 07-30-11 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Always protecting the bottomline
    yup, that's the concern

    Democrats split on Independent Payment Advisory Board - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

    good thinking

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •