Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 161

Thread: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

  1. #91
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Workers is a generic reference to all people, including debris clearing and construction personnel.
    First responders are not debris cleaners or construction personnel.
    Obviously, you weren't there during the attack or in the days after.

    Construction workers all over the city left their work sites and rushed to the WTC DURING the attack. Some arrived before the 2nd plane hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #92
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    OK. MY bad.

    I'm trying to find out why if they have existing coverage, it's nto being paid for. I can't even find anyone arguing they already have insurance to pay for this.
    No, not your bad. Construction workers were among the people who first responded to the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #93
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Here is what you said




    First you asked for evidence that it COULD have caused harm. Then you changed it to proof that it DID cause harm
    I did not change anything, otherwise the post would represent that I edited it.

    Yes I misspoke later on, but that does not prove that the cancer is primarily caused by the exposure.

    If they would actually investigate it further and could provide more than conjecture, that the fallout was the primary or the most likely primary cause for the cancer, then I would fully support coverage as they are liable for the damages.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #94
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,801

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Potential carcinogens from WTC fallout ≠ Agent Orange, GWS or PSTD
    They are not equivocal.
    Perhaps they are. Let's look at GWS. The facts are that a toxic mix in the Gulf AO caused an inordinate amount of Americans and local nationals to have a number of illnesses, including early ALS, cancer, a host of nasty and thus far incurable maladies - and higher birth defects especially in and around areas like Fallujah. I can go deeper into the subject, but not here. The U.S. Government, the VA in this case, shucked and jived and lied and stone walled and bull****ted and ****ed over all the people coming home with GWS, telling them they're lying, goldbricking, it's all in their head. They did the EXACT same thing regarding Agent Orange. The government that waved the flag and called them heroes shoved it up the butt when they came home sick as a result of their deployment. The same government denied them continued medical treatment and compensation for their disabilities and their disabled children. Could the Bush Administration have then lied to Americans, New Yorkers about air quality? Oh, hell yes, and did. It is therefore equivocal, there is a pattern, well established and documented.

    Besides the point that they already have medical coverage.
    Nope. The medical coverage was/is often inadequate and insufficient. The harm the people in question encountered was extraordinary and most coverage was inadequate. The government's role in causing great harm is inexcusable. It is in fact in an extraordinary situation such as 9/11 that the government SHOULD step in and ensure the proper assistance for people who were harmed. Nope, you disagree. If the first responders, the salvage workers, the clean up workers and the people living in that area of Manhattan didn't have proper insurance for that kind of disaster, with illnesses from causes unknown within the U.S. then screw those dumb ass chumps for not knowing better, right?

    What we are really talking about here is YOUR sense of entitlement, isn't it Harry. I was once a Libertarian. Capital L. It's all about moi, isn't it? Self entitlement and everyone else is a sucker, dummy or fool.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 07-30-11 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typos, spelling, pick something










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #95
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I did not change anything, otherwise the post would represent that I edited it.
    Oy vey!!

    One post said "could". After I pointed out that there was evidence, you changed it to "did"

    Yes I misspoke later on, but that does not prove that the cancer is primarily caused by the exposure.
    So now you "misspoke"?

    If they would actually investigate it further and could provide more than conjecture, that the fallout was the primary or the most likely primary cause for the cancer, then I would fully support coverage as they are liable for the damages.
    Gee, so you're going to stick to the "misspoken" point?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #96
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Why are you always thinking in terms of one party?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Workers is a generic reference to all people, including debris clearing and construction personnel.
    First responders are not debris cleaners or construction personnel.
    I do think it includes both. The page I quoted, and a few others I've read refer to both as workers. As I said, I want to find out why they need the money if they already ahve adequate coverage. I suspect, as noted above they don't really have the coverage they need.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Oy vey!!

    One post said "could". After I pointed out that there was evidence, you changed it to "did"
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059697573

    Show me where it says "edited" so that we know that I changed it.
    Even as a mod, I cannot hide my "edits."

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now you "misspoke"?



    Gee, so you're going to stick to the "misspoken" point?
    Yes, because I did.
    Much better than you accusing me of changing my post, without any evidence what so ever.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #99
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059697573

    Show me where it says "edited" so that we know that I changed it.
    Even as a mod, I cannot hide my "edits."
    It was in two seperate posts. One you argued "could". Then, after being proved wrong, you posted again, arguing "did"




    Yes, because I did.
    Much better than you accusing me of changing my post, without any evidence what so ever.
    I didn't say you changed your POST. I said you changed your ARGUMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #100
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Perhaps they are. Let's look at GWS. The facts are that a toxic mix in the Gulf AO caused an inordinate amount of Americans and local nationals to have a number of illnesses, including early ALS, cancer, a host of nasty and thus far incurable maladies - and higher birth defects especially in and around areas like Fallujah. I can go deeper into the subject, but not here. The U.S. Government, the VA in this case, shucked and jived and lied and stone walled and bull****ted and ****ed over all the people coming home with GWS, telling them they're lying, goldbricking, it's all in their head. They did the EXACT same thing regarding Agent Orange. The government that waved the flag and called them heroes shoved it up the butt when they came home sick as a result of their deployment. The same government denied them continued medical treatment and compensation for their disabilities and their disabled children. Could the Bush Administration have then lied to Americans, New Yorkers about air quality? Oh, hell yes, and did. It is therefore equivocal, there is a pattern, well established and documented.
    If I'm not mistaken, Agent Orange and GWS were both documented to cause problems and were hidden from the public eye, for some time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Nope. The medical coverage was/is often inadequate and insufficient. The harm the people in question encountered was extraordinary and most coverage was inadequate. The government's role in causing great harm is inexcusable. It is in fact in an extraordinary situation such as 9/11 that the government SHOULD step in and ensure the proper assistance for people who were harmed. Nope, you disagree. If the first responders, the salvage workers, the clean up works and the people living in that area of Manhattan didn't have proper insurance for that kind of disaster with illnesses from causes unknown with in the U.S. then screw those dumb ass chumps for not knowing better.
    I didn't say that.
    You're quite good at putting words into my mouth, I'll say that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    What we are really talking about here is YOUR sense of entitlement, isn't it Harry. I was once a Libertarian. Capital L. It's all about moi, isn't it? Self entitlement and everyone else is a sucker, dummy or fool.
    What have I claimed that I am entitled too?
    Is this just another, "attack the person, not debate the topic" posts?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •