Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 351 to 358 of 358

Thread: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

  1. #351
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Would that not be the 15 th Amendment?
    Actually, no it wouldn't. Don't bother to research, it though. The fewer facts your argument contains, the better off it is.

  2. #352
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    So when were non white men provided the same voting rights as white men? It was not in 1776 now was it
    Not, it wasn't.

  3. #353
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Yeah, I think you can really relate to slaves... Of course since you pay a tax rate you despise, you know exactly how it feels to see your own children put in little baby hand cuffs and shackles, crammed on a ship, and later sold in a auction.

    You haven't been whipped this hard literally, but the burden of paying your tax rate stings just as bad and dehumanizes just as much.





    Your emotional arguments equate to pure BS, and I am tired of ****ing reading your whiny posts. I have seen your write posts and say you are being raped. You're not a rape victim. You're not a ****ing slave. It's just like in the other thread you were arguing the government confiscates your wealth, but not people in a lower tax bracket. WTF, just WTF.

    Keep running your mouth, because the more you do, the more and more difficult it becomes to feel sorry for you.
    You play the race card, then complain about people being emotional?

  4. #354
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The fewer facts your argument contains, the better off it is.
    This explains much about your posts. Thanks!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #355
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    This explains much about your posts. Thanks!
    Which ones??

  6. #356
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which ones??
    The ones I have read.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #357
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Unfortunately, gross profit is a confusing word if you do not have a business or accounting background. Technically, gross profit is revenue less cost of revenue.... operating expenses are then deducted from gross profit to yield net income for interest and taxes (usually). My guess is the "lay" definition (what those not versed on business or accounting) would like of as gross profit. The tax deductions/loopholes, however, are the book/tax differences in various expenses, including depreciation, amortization and cost allocations that move costs domestically, but offshore revenue (and therefore profits). Its the 2nd set of books that cause the problem.

    We should lower corporate tax rates to 25%, but eliminate many tax preferences and crack down on FISC/DISCs and other offshoring schemes. For business, tax simplification would very much be in our interest.
    Finally someone that makes some sense, and I agree that we need to lower the the nomal rate, I would like to see it lowered to one of the lowest in the world to encourage business to stay and to relocate here.

    I've always been one that has been in favor of a flat tax .. or a consumption tax and no other federal tax. I believe that would end up being a fairer tax rate on everyone, and anyone including large corporation to end up paying nothing.

    If I remember right we have something like 70,000 pages of tax laws, anyone and I mean anyone that thinks we have that many pages, and loopholes were not inserted deliberately are just not using common sense.

    I've been in business for My livelihood twice, theses were small buinesses that employed no more then 9 people, and I can tell you from experience, that you don't have to be a multi million dollar company to avoid taxes. Is it right? I don't know, the laws are written for people to use, I paid dearly to accountants to see that I followed those laws, but those dollars were returned 5 fold in savings.

    So I agree with you, simplify the tax codes, lower all rates for everyone, if this was done I believe you would see a growth in revenue to our government, and a growth in jobs and all the good things that come with it.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 08-04-11 at 11:24 AM.

  8. #358
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    And here I was told it was just a peice of paper, and not a suicide pact (when people were defending the Patriot Act)
    opps but wait ..... now that we have a liberal in the white house ... that has expanded the Patriot Act .. it seem to longer be an issue .. to those very same people that were squeeling like stuck pigs about it's passing ... wonder why that is ?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •