Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 358

Thread: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Both liberals and conservatives have changed the constitution, and it should go back to the way the founders wanted it... only white rich men can vote, and we'll all be able to own slaves again. It will beautiful.
    Go look back on their arguments on voting. A good starting point would be John Adams and his wives letters they had on topic. When you do you will find his arguments had nothing to do with race or gender but experience and investment. Btw,In those letters she was arguing for womans voting rights and by the end of those letters she admitted he was right.

    As for the other argument on slavery, that has debunked many times.

  2. #282
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,444

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Go look back on their arguments on voting. A good starting point would be John Adams and his wives letters they had on topic. When you do you will find his arguments had nothing to do with race or gender but experience and investment. Btw,In those letters she was arguing for womans voting rights and by the end of those letters she admitted he was right.

    As for the other argument on slavery, that has debunked many times.
    We are talking about not changing the constitution....

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    We are talking about not changing the constitution....
    Are you saying you admit you are full of it or do you wish to not admit you are full of it?

  4. #284
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,444

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Are you saying you admit you are full of it or do you wish to not admit you are full of it?
    Well, what is your argument exactly? That the founders weren't proud of the constitution?

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Well, what is your argument exactly? That the founders weren't proud of the constitution?
    Who changed it and for what purpose is your argument. Mine is merely on the two examples you brought up.

  6. #286
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,547

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    We had 90% rates under Eisenhower. Do you consider the rich back then to be enslaved? I swear you are so delusional. On a slightly unrelated note who are more a fan of Rand or Rothbard?
    1) how many people did that rate affect

    2) what deductions and avoidance mechanisms were available then that are not available now

    3) what was the overall top effective tax rate

    taking 90c on the next dollar someone earns is slavery. If you are not willing to pay that rate what gives you any moral foundation to demand someone else pay that rate

    what brand of socialism do you prefer? national socialism or stalinesque socialism?

    I haven't read Rand in 30 years-the other guy not at all



  7. #287
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,444

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who changed it and for what purpose is your argument. Mine is merely on the two examples you brought up.
    The founders didn't change it, and you seem to be arguing they gave a constitution they weren't proud of

  8. #288
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have an effective rate of 33%? Find that amazing given that the highest effective rate is those making between 380K to 5 million and their's is 24%
    wrong: 2010 Tax Brackets | Tax Rates

    2010 tax rates
    Tax rate Single filers Married filing Married filing Head of
    jointly or qualifying separately household
    widow/widower
    10% Up to $8,375 Up to $16,750 Up to $8,375 Up to $11,950
    15% $8,376 - $34,000 $16,751 - $68,000 $8,376 - $34,000 $11,951 - $45,550
    25% $34,001 - $82,400 $68,001 - $137,300 $34,001 - $68,650 $45,551 - $117,650
    28% $82,401 - $171,850 $137,301 - $209,250 $68,651 - $104,625 $117,651 - $190,550
    33% $171,851 - $373,650 $209,251 - $373,650 $104,626 - $186,825 $190,551 - $373,650
    35% $373,651 or more $373,651 or more $186,826 or more $373,651 or more
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  9. #289
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) how many people did that rate affect

    2) what deductions and avoidance mechanisms were available then that are not available now

    3) what was the overall top effective tax rate

    taking 90c on the next dollar someone earns is slavery. If you are not willing to pay that rate what gives you any moral foundation to demand someone else pay that rate

    what brand of socialism do you prefer? national socialism or stalinesque socialism?

    I haven't read Rand in 30 years-the other guy not at all
    1. I don't have the exact numbers, but probably not very many. That is because this forced them to invest instead of hoarding wealth. That is the main reason we have high tax rates because it encourages them to reinvest so that they will make more money instead of simply hoarding it all.
    2. They probably have more loopholes now.
    3. The top tax rate was 90%.

    First of all Nazism was supported by big business and no actual historian considers hem a socialist party. They were fascists which is a far right ideology. Secondly I'm a democratic socialist with some Trotskyist leanings.

  10. #290
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,547

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    wrong: 2010 Tax Brackets | Tax Rates

    2010 tax rates
    Tax rate Single filers Married filing Married filing Head of
    jointly or qualifying separately household
    widow/widower
    10% Up to $8,375 Up to $16,750 Up to $8,375 Up to $11,950
    15% $8,376 - $34,000 $16,751 - $68,000 $8,376 - $34,000 $11,951 - $45,550
    25% $34,001 - $82,400 $68,001 - $137,300 $34,001 - $68,650 $45,551 - $117,650
    28% $82,401 - $171,850 $137,301 - $209,250 $68,651 - $104,625 $117,651 - $190,550
    33% $171,851 - $373,650 $209,251 - $373,650 $104,626 - $186,825 $190,551 - $373,650
    35% $373,651 or more $373,651 or more $186,826 or more $373,651 or more
    you don't understand top marginal rates and overall effective rates



Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •