Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 358

Thread: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

  1. #231
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    tell it to mr immelt, the JOBS CZAR

    how utterly pathetic
    Yes, your response is utterly pathetic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    why is the epa driving five coal plants out of business, thousands of jobs, raising energy prices?

    why are so many companies fleeing california and illinois?

    why was immelt promoted to jobs czar, the posterboy of offshore profits?

    questions all answered by FACTS

    facts are formidable foes

    have fun in the forums, folks

  3. #233
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    why is the epa driving five coal plants out of business, thousands of jobs, raising energy prices?

    why are so many companies fleeing california and illinois?

    why was immelt promoted to jobs czar, the posterboy of offshore profits?

    questions all answered by FACTS

    facts are formidable foes

    have fun in the forums, folks
    FActs are good to have, but you often show how easy it is to misinterpret them. You have to understand that what they mean, and even if regulation causes business to leave, that doesn't mean we want to be cChina, which might likely be worse. Throwing up stuff, links, is not equal to reasoned thought.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    THAT's why companies are leaving california "in droves?"

    LOL!

    gdp was 1.3, q1 revised down to POINT FOUR

    interpret THAT, thales

  5. #235
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    THAT's why companies are leaving california "in droves?"

    LOL!

    gdp was 1.3, q1 revised down to POINT FOUR

    interpret THAT, thales
    And somehow you think this is a rebuttal?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #236
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    it is a worthy point to bring in the draft. Like those who pay taxes, those who were drafted were doing something "for the country", but they weren't exactly doing it out of willingness or a desire to help. They were doing it because it was the law.

    volunteers, however, could be said to have done something willingly for the country, and could perhaps be compared with those (few) souls who contribute extra to the pay-down-the-debt-fund that the Treasury accepts donations for.
    Come on cpwill, you are going to swoop to the level of insulting those whom served their nation through the draft v. volunteer armed forces? Both made the scarifice, and you're wrong, those that were drafted could have ran or been deferred or entered the National Guard to avoid the 'Nam; e.g., GW Bush, Clinton, Teddy Nudgent, Lee Greenwood, Muhamad Ali, thousands who went north to the maple leaf country, and those who could afford college. Prior to that, it was the draft that saved our arses from Nazis, Tojo, etc., and those that saved Korea from the chinese and north koreans.

    I see that you are in Japan, are you serving, or is someone in your family in the military? if so, thank you.

    Here is a poem for you to reflect on: The Razor Blog Archive It is the Soldier Poem

    It is the Soldier, not the minister
    Who has given us freedom of religion.

    It is the Soldier, not the reporter
    Who has given us freedom of the press.

    It is the Soldier, not the poet
    Who has given us freedom of speech.

    It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
    Who has given us freedom to protest.

    It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
    Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

    It is the Soldier, not the politician
    Who has given us the right to vote.

    It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
    Who serves beneath the flag,
    And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
    Who allows the protester to burn the flag.

    (? Charles M. Province)
    Last edited by TBone; 07-31-11 at 04:56 PM.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  7. #237
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Really, I pay 33% of my income in Federal Income Tax, not to count FIDC and Medicare and State taxes. So you should be pissed that you are getting f'd by the gov't because Exxon doesn't pay their share, they pay 17% of federal income tax. I ain't saying they should raise your taxes, get rid of the crap Exxon gets from the gov't to lower them to 17%.
    you have an effective rate of 33%? Find that amazing given that the highest effective rate is those making between 380K to 5 million and their's is 24%



  8. #238
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    taxes are not much of an incentive of deterent. They are minor league at best
    LOL!

    you don't know what you're talking about

    did you see that lt gub gavin newsom went to TEXAS

    to consult with RICK PERRY

    did you hear what THAT was all about

    very revealing

  9. #239
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    But if they paid the same amount as you, you wouldn't have a job in the first place. So really, you should be kissing rich people's asses for paying a higher % than you, so you can get a tax break and have a job. Life isn't fair... for the rich.
    so how does GE or Exxon not paying their share of taxes help me keep my job, I don't work in retail or oil? Oh, I get it, by not having them pay their share, they create jobs in the US? Wait, they ship the jobs outside the USA, so tell me again how this works. No the tax code ain't fair for those of us who pay our share.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  10. #240
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    so how does GE or Exxon not paying their share of taxes help me keep my job, I don't work in retail or oil? Oh, I get it, by not having them pay their share, they create jobs in the US? Wait, they ship the jobs outside the USA, so tell me again how this works. No the tax code ain't fair for those of us who pay our share.
    Well from what I have gathered from other posters here... they ship jobs out because of high taxes, so tax rates need to be lowered on companies. That will keep there here, even though many of them don't pay taxes and are getting refunds. So wait, the real problem is the compliance costs with tax code, so we need to make it easier and less expensive for them to get refunds... then the 60B will finally trickle down to us all.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •