Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 358

Thread: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

  1. #131
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't have a huge problem with that. But, that isn't what've argued to date. So, don't ventrue too far from what I actually said.
    Your comment was enigmatic

    you have no problem with a corporation paying taxes in two countries on the same profit or you do?



  2. #132
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    This conversation is back-a$$wards.

    Why do we tax? The Federal Government needs money by which to operate.

    Upon what should the Federal Government operate? That which is constitutional.

    What is constitutional? Besides the items to physically operate the Congress, the Executive, and the Judiciary, and a few other items found in the Constitution, those that are in Article I, section 8 are the constitutional powers of the Federal Government.

    If that were done, the budget of the United States would be cut by around 75%.

    Why not remove taxes from companies? Companies from around the world would flock to the U.S. to set up manufacturing and other facilities. Besides, the public pays the taxes anyway. It's like the gasoline or liquor tax. They are just hidden. Besides, with 75% or more of the government gone, taxes would decrease on individuals even if we did away with taxes on businesses.

    If companies flock to the U.S., what would happen to unemployment? It would dramatically decrease.

    If unemployment decreased, what would happen to wages? They would dramatically rise.

    Naturally, we would need to minimize our regulations and only keep those that are absolutely necessary for the well-being of the country and its people. Instead of being jealous and greedy, we should look for ways to maximize the ability of everyone to succeed and not seek to punish those who actually do succeed. Again, that is back-a$$$wards.
    pandering to envy and class warfare is what motivates the left's view of taxes. Remember what Obumble said-he would raise CG taxes EVEN IF IT DID NOT INCREASE REVENUES BECAUSE ITS FAIR (fair being those who don't pay income taxes are mad that the rich get a lower tax rate on capital gains)



  3. #133
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Lowering the tax rate in itself is not going to do anything if the tax code doesn't end most deductions, and I think it's funny how you assume a higher net income is going to all go towards the retained earnings account. You are a trickle down theory guy. The fact is, they avoided 60B in taxes, so we should all be benefiting from that right now. Where is the evidence we are benefiting? Most of the people in this country want a job, or even a full time job with benefits. That's 60B that should have gone back into production, right? That's 60B that Canada, Germany, and Japan's economy didn't pay their corporations.

    The government isn't in the business of saving anybody money. You want the government to lower GE's taxes, so they can save money in paying doilette and touche (or whoever) to file their taxes. You think that doilette and touche and the rest of the Big Four are going to lower tax and audit costs, because the government lowered taxes? That's kind of funny.
    It may have, if we didn't have an out of control, over-regulating government.

  4. #134
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Japan has a higher tax rate than America, and US companies pay less taxes than other industrialized countries because of all the deductions, tax shelters, and loopholes. I have been reading about this for the past 20 minutes, and I might start a post on it in a few minutes. The fact is, US corporations actually pay less taxes than most other countries but the tax rate is high. Lowering the tax rate isn't going to do anything, because more than 50 percent of corporations pay NO taxes at all.
    That's not true and we both know it.

  5. #135
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    And this is why Corporations and the rich deserve a tax break!


  6. #136
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    And this is why Corporations and the rich deserve a tax break!
    Corporations don't deserve tax breaks. They should not be paying taxes. As for the rich, they should be paying the same rate for income taxes as someone who makes $30k and do away with deductions. Probably should simply keep exemptions for oneself, spouse, and up to two minor children.

  7. #137
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Turtledude read this again please

    The study also found that America's Fortune 100 companies, some of which were cited for avoiding U.S. taxes, took in nearly $90 billion in government contracts during the same period.

    The report, released Thursday and titled “Corporate America Untaxed: Tax Avoidance on the Rise,” found that the most successful companies have added 44 new subsidiaries in countries recognized as tax havens since the Government Accountability Office examined the subject three years ago.

    Then go read the thread on Ge not pay ing a dime taxs on 15billion profits then moving a division to china..

    Then after I stop sobbing here for the rich...could you please tell me how the rich are so overtaxed into oblivion that Ted Turner could just "GIVE" yes give a billion dollars to the United Nations...and how Bill Gates and another billionaire could just give a billion each away from charity....yes turtle the rich are really being brutalized.....

    But I dont believe we should raise taxs...I never professed raising taxs...just stop whining for godsake OUR rich are doing better even TAXED than any one else in the world....sheesh

  8. #138
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,137

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Your comment was enigmatic

    you have no problem with a corporation paying taxes in two countries on the same profit or you do?
    maybe he wants to help other nations, and in order to do that he wishes to ensure that no investment ever come back into the United States, but rather stays there?

  9. #139
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,137

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Turtledude read this again please

    The study also found that America's Fortune 100 companies, some of which were cited for avoiding U.S. taxes, took in nearly $90 billion in government contracts during the same period.

    The report, released Thursday and titled “Corporate America Untaxed: Tax Avoidance on the Rise,” found that the most successful companies have added 44 new subsidiaries in countries recognized as tax havens since the Government Accountability Office examined the subject three years ago.

    Then go read the thread on Ge not pay ing a dime taxs on 15billion profits then moving a division to china..

    Then after I stop sobbing here for the rich...could you please tell me how the rich are so overtaxed into oblivion that Ted Turner could just "GIVE" yes give a billion dollars to the United Nations...and how Bill Gates and another billionaire could just give a billion each away from charity....yes turtle the rich are really being brutalized.....

    But I dont believe we should raise taxs...I never professed raising taxs...just stop whining for godsake OUR rich are doing better even TAXED than any one else in the world....sheesh
    stop and think lpast.

    companies are moving overseas because they are overtaxed here.


    and your solution


    is to raise those taxes even more.



    ....and how, exactly, do you anticipate they will respond to you adding in massive new incentives for them to move overseas and never return?

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Study finds Corporate America avoided $60B in taxes (2010)

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    All I have to say is...

    FoxNews.com:



    Now, before anyone starts critisizing the above and start labelling me anti-rich, read what Ken Langone, Dir., NYSE, had to say about taxing the rich.

    From MSNBC.com:
    How many of these corporations are unionized?

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •