Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 468

Thread: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

  1. #381
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So what did the Illustrious PooBah say, anyway? I was busy.
    He said the negotiations where important and it;s all republicans fault they where not done. Nothing exciting. Republicans followed by saying the same thing in reverse.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #382
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I had to laugh this morning when I read this. The GOP and the plan that you support requires the most needy and the elderly to carry almost all of the burden. There is nothing in the GOP plan that requires the most wealthy to make ANY sacrifice.

    From your response here....it would sound like you support what Obama wants to do....which is requiring EVERYONE to make sacrifices....which includes the wealthiest among us as well.
    what your lord and master says is that most people will sacrifice by BEING GIVEN LESS (of other peoples' money) while the rich will sacrifice by having to GIVE EVEN MORE MONEY

    I don't consider being GIVEN LESS of something you never earned to be the same sacrifice as having to pay more of what you did earn

    and are you saying the rich don't sacrifice by less spending>



  3. #383
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    leftwing wife: our bills are more than we make in pay

    leftwing husband: Don't worry we will get ther "rich" to pay our bills. They have more than they need.

    leftwing wife: And don't forget, we can just ignore all the bills for things we bought in the past

    leftwing husband: No, we will just get the banks to raise our debt limit on our cards and charge more. Problem solved.
    I always find it amusing that people who need the government to help them pretend to be economics experts. Its like the guys who cold call me offering some get rich investments. It their schemes work they wouldn't be needing to be making 300 cold calls a day. They would be living in The Turks and Cacos in some 2 Mil villa



  4. #384
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,119

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what your lord and master says is that most people will sacrifice by BEING GIVEN LESS (of other peoples' money) while the rich will sacrifice by having to GIVE EVEN MORE MONEY
    Actually, my Lord said "Blessed are the meek."

    Obama is not my lord and master. He's the President. Big difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #385
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,119

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    leftwing wife: our bills are more than we make in pay

    leftwing husband: Don't worry we will get ther "rich" to pay our bills. They have more than they need.

    leftwing wife: And don't forget, we can just ignore all the bills for things we bought in the past

    leftwing husband: No, we will just get the banks to raise our debt limit on our cards and charge more. Problem solved.
    rightwing wife: our bills are more than we can pay

    rightwing husband: That's okay, Dick Cheney said "Deficits don't matter"

    rightwing wife: Don't forget, we could always just default on the debt we've already committed to

    rightwing husband: Economic prosperity, here we come!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #386
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I always find it amusing that people who need the government to help them pretend to be economics experts. Its like the guys who cold call me offering some get rich investments. It their schemes work they wouldn't be needing to be making 300 cold calls a day. They would be living in The Turks and Cacos in some 2 Mil villa
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I have the same reaction when I hear people who grew up in upper middle class neighborhoods and attended elite private schools and got jobs through family connections argue that we're all playing on an even field and anyone who isn't in the country club must be shiftless and lazy.

  7. #387
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,978

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    rightwing wife: our bills are more than we can pay

    rightwing husband: That's okay, Dick Cheney said "Deficits don't matter"

    rightwing wife: Don't forget, we could always just default on the debt we've already committed to

    rightwing husband: Economic prosperity, here we come!
    So are you debt free? I am and have been for years. If your not debt free, here is a solution for you, earn more income. Or would it be easier to cut back on your spending? Me thinks cutting spending is more realistic.
    I have said in other threads all parties are responsible for the debt and stalls in the talks. Neither side wants to give. I agree that the ceiling needs to be raised. Wish they would pass a bill like in the past to get it raised. Let me ask you. Obama says he will not accept any Bill that raises the ceiling without new tax revenue. Why? How sure are you that new revenue will towards paying down the debt.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #388
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So are you debt free? I am and have been for years. If your not debt free, here is a solution for you, earn more income. Or would it be easier to cut back on your spending? Me thinks cutting spending is more realistic.
    I have said in other threads all parties are responsible for the debt and stalls in the talks. Neither side wants to give. I agree that the ceiling needs to be raised. Wish they would pass a bill like in the past to get it raised. Let me ask you. Obama says he will not accept any Bill that raises the ceiling without new tax revenue. Why? How sure are you that new revenue will towards paying down the debt.
    I think anyone with savings and no debt is not maximizing their income. The problem isn't the fact that we have no debt. It's the size of the nations debt in relation to its' income.

    I also think the best course right now is to not worry about paying down the debt, as we are a long way from that. IMO, it's far better to grow the economy, so the debt shrinks in proportion to the economy. With a growing economy, growing faster than the debt that is, paying down the debt will eventually take care of itself. That's what we did during the clinton admin, and we were ready to start paying down the debt until bush* and the republicans blew it all with their runaway spending and irresponsible tax cuts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #389
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,978

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I think anyone with savings and no debt is not maximizing their income. The problem isn't the fact that we have no debt. It's the size of the nations debt in relation to its' income.

    I also think the best course right now is to not worry about paying down the debt, as we are a long way from that. IMO, it's far better to grow the economy, so the debt shrinks in proportion to the economy. With a growing economy, growing faster than the debt that is, paying down the debt will eventually take care of itself. That's what we did during the clinton admin, and we were ready to start paying down the debt until bush* and the republicans blew it all with their runaway spending and irresponsible tax cuts
    I can agree with most of what you have posted. Yet you failed to mention the spending since Bush left office. Obama and the dems have done very well in spending. Bush did start the wars, yet Obama continues them. Obama stimulas, bush tax rates was passed with a dem controlled Congress. Our debt mess is all parties fault. Not just one (rep)
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  10. #390
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I have the same reaction when I hear people who grew up in upper middle class neighborhoods and attended elite private schools and got jobs through family connections argue that we're all playing on an even field and anyone who isn't in the country club must be shiftless and lazy.
    whining about that is pointless. there are many things that can give you an advantage in life
    more attractive women marry richer men than ugly ones. better atheletes get scholarships to college
    more intelligent kids get better grades
    your lot in life is not my fault and I have no duty to make a sacrifice to make others feel better



Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •