Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 468

Thread: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If the graph truly is "crappy" maybe you could explain how instead of just issuing a pronouncment.
    I've catch on pretty quick , or at least I think so. There are 2-3 people not worth discussing things with. You are on that list.

  2. #352
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The corporation pays waaaaay more taxes than the worker. The corporation pay unemploymet, workman's comp, social security and medicare.

    Stop with the myths, please.
    Corporations pay these things because...


    ....wait for it....

    Conservatism says they should instead of government!

    Pure conservatism says wealthy corporations will pay a living wage to workers, and via charitable contributions help prop up those individuals in society who are poor because for one reason or another can't work. Conservatism also says that if you don't form national unions but rather allow "local, in-house unions", the corporation can better deal with "internal problems" rather than leave such to the devices of national unions. How well did that work for the employees until unionizing went national?

    How much better is the standard of living for working class Americans today?

    Can most middle-class Americans easily survive off the wages they earn today?

    Can most Americans claim to earn a living wage?

    If one can answer in the affirmative to all of these questions, then I'll stand up and declare "Conservatism rocks!!!" But I bet you can't.

    Conservatism looks after one entity and one entity only: The Corporate Interest! And those interests didn't go amok until Reaganomic took hold in this country, i.e., "LOBBYISTS!!!!"
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-26-11 at 03:17 PM.

  3. #353
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, and part of Obama's big plan for solving the debt crisis is saving 1 trillion dollars in Iraq from a war that we are exiting and not going t spend anyway. Creative liberal accounting.
    Uh, you do realize that the same "liberal accounting" appears in the Ryan Budget and Boehner's deficit plan, right?

  4. #354
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You said that you don't have a problem with it either. You said


    Now you say that you DO care. How can we believe someone who has changed their position?
    No,I don't care, you care about revenue and I showed you where you can get it. I know we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem

  5. #355
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Uh, you do realize that the same "liberal accounting" appears in the Ryan Budget and Boehner's deficit plan, right?
    No,it didn't, the 1 trillion dollars spending cuts for Iraq and Afghanistan were NOT in the Ryan plan, it was a graph showing expenses but weren't part of the cuts. that is liberal spin.

  6. #356
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    If you make 10 million a year and during a divorce your wife wants half, that sucks. 5 million is a lot of freaking money, more than my buddy has to pay to his wife. However, he still has 5 million to live on. He's not in a horrible position.

    If you make 20k though, and she wants 10k... you may have to kill her.

    The fact that the top 10% pays most of the taxes and the bottom 50% don't pay any shows that the top 10% has all the money and the bottom 50% had diddly.

    Far from supporting your argument, this stat undercuts it. You've successfully proven that the rich have the money and are best capable to withstand a tax increase.

    Taxes are the lowest they've been in 50-60 years. The rich are doing fantastic right now. If tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires is supposed to help the economy and they're the lowest they've been in 50 years, why aren't we in a boom?
    This whole talk reminds me of this clip from the daily show. I think he sums it up quite nicely.
    That remains the billion dollar question - one I've been asking for nearly 2 years now. If lower taxes on the rich is suppose to spur job growth, WHERE THE HELL ARE THE JOBS and WHY DO REPUBLICANS CONTINUE TO LOOK TOWARD THE PRESIDENT FOR HIS JOBS BILL when he's continued to state it's being held up in (the House of) Congress?

  7. #357
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Moderator's Warning:
    BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9The personal comments need to end, and end now. Stick to talking about the issues, not each other. Don't make me make Digsbe thread ban you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #358
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No,I don't care, you care about revenue and I showed you where you can get it. I know we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem
    So you criticize others for not caring about it, even though you don't care either?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Adjusted gross income of 50,000 has led to people not paying any FIT and you don't have a problem with that but still want to raise the taxes more on those that do pay most of the taxes without any thought to the consequences. Still waiting for a response as to why you support people earning 50,000 or less paying nothing in FIT, NOTHING, but would rather try to get 70 billion a year from the rich who already pay most of the taxes. That is liberal logic and shows that liberals don't think.
    I'll wait for a response from you "as to why you support people earning 50,000 or less paying nothing in FIT"

    Sounds like rightwing logic to me
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #359
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    I can see it now. Husband comes home and informs his wife they have a spending problem.

    hus: Hon we have spending problem

    wife: okay

    hus: we have to go to a MWF caloric intake schedule to handle this problem.

    wife: "caloric intake?" WTF why not just call it what it is ? EATING you dumb ass.
    Last edited by winston53660; 07-26-11 at 03:23 PM.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you criticize others for not caring about it, even though you don't care either?



    I'll wait for a response from you "as to why you support people earning 50,000 or less paying nothing in FIT"

    Sounds like rightwing logic to me
    You have never seen me complain about govt. revenue, only about govt. spending. Try to spin that one?

    Any logic is better than what I am seeing from liberals. How can liberals keep calling for more revenue and ignore the 56 plus million people earning income not paying any FIT or the 24 million unemployed or under employed Americans not paying full income taxes. How anyone can expect the people paying the most now to pay more is beyond logic and common sense.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •