Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 468

Thread: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, Cesar did not ask for voluntary contributions
    Right, neither does out Govt. but our govt. will take them, How much are you sending in?

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There has been no evidence posted that people making 50k pay no taxes. It has only been claimed
    Right, the IRS is lying

  3. #243
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, the IRS is lying
    You haven't responded to the point that people who make 50K or less pay payroll taxes. Payroll taxes have quadrupled as a portion of the total tax burden

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #244
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Wealth =/= income. You want to tax them again for what they've already paid tax on? Or you just want to tax their income? Because we can take everything they make every year and it still won't balance the budget.
    no........i want to tax them a greater percentage on their unearned income, which HAS NOT been already taxed. 15% is ridiculous. i want the estate tax back.......heirs should not be able to inherit at a new cost basis for FREE.

    i want their percentage to go up on their earned income, although that would be a drop in the bucket. i want to close all the loopholes. why should the rich pay 15% on their capital gains when others pay 20% on the income they SWEAT to earn?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You haven't responded to the point that people who make 50K or less pay payroll taxes. Payroll taxes have quadrupled as a portion of the total tax burden

    Amazing, are you calling for a reduction in SS because that is payroll taxes. Liberals don't seem to understand that FICA is SS and Medicare.

  6. #246
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no........i want to tax them a greater percentage on their unearned income, which HAS NOT been already taxed. 15% is ridiculous. i want the estate tax back.......heirs should not be able to inherit at a new cost basis for FREE.

    i want their percentage to go up on their earned income, although that would be a drop in the bucket. i want to close all the loopholes. why should the rich pay 15% on their capital gains when others pay 20% on the income they SWEAT to earn?
    The rich think they are entitled to lower rates for money they did not work to earn. Their sense of self entitlement is matched only by their lack of compassion
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #247
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no........i want to tax them a greater percentage on their unearned income, which HAS NOT been already taxed. 15% is ridiculous. i want the estate tax back.......heirs should not be able to inherit at a new cost basis for FREE.

    i want their percentage to go up on their earned income, although that would be a drop in the bucket. i want to close all the loopholes. why should the rich pay 15% on their capital gains when others pay 20% on the income they SWEAT to earn?
    I want, I want, I want. What are you willing to pay and why aren't you doing it now? This country wasn't built on your ideology and the problem is you seem to have made it but now don't want others to do the same thing. Classic jealousy

  8. #248
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing, are you calling for a reduction in SS because that is payroll taxes. Liberals don't seem to understand that FICA is SS and Medicare.
    There is nothing amazing about the rightwings' twisting of calls to raise the income tax rates on the rich into a call to reduce SS, which is the rightwings wet dream.

    And you haven't responded to the point that people who make 50K or less pay payroll taxes. Payroll taxes have quadrupled as a portion of the total tax burden
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #249
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You haven't responded to the point that people who make 50K or less pay payroll taxes. Payroll taxes have quadrupled as a portion of the total tax burden

    How exactly does this demonstrate welfare for the rich, again? This just shows revenue via payroll tax has increased while effective tax rates (for all individuals) have decreased.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #250
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There is nothing amazing about the rightwings' twisting of calls to raise the income tax rates on the rich into a call to reduce SS, which is the rightwings wet dream.

    And you haven't responded to the point that people who make 50K or less pay payroll taxes. Payroll taxes have quadrupled as a portion of the total tax burden
    You are the one talking about reducting payroll taxes and don't even know what payroll taxes fund. Amazing how people making 50,000 in your world cannot pay anything in FIT.

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •